Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neverglade - Mountain Village - Full World

Comments

• TelamondTelamond Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Will there be any update to this world to the new Ambitions locations?
  • MzThornMzThorn Posts: 383 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone know where to find some of the special seeds? I have only been able to find one, and everything else is rare seeds. I just need to find some flame fruit and I am having the darndest time doing it.

Special seeds are very rare in this town. There's a couple of spawn points near the science facility and the forested area across the street that I can think of off the top of my head.
  • brian96brian96 Posts: 830 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm still hyperventilating! This is 10x better than any world EA has made so far! And they have huge teams building them! lol You're just one person! Correction! You're just one EXTRMEMELY TALENTED person! :D
  • KawaiimoonKawaiimoon Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2010
    This town looks amazing! I really want to check it out, but I'm not sure how to download it exactly... I know that you said you install it as a regular .Sims3Pack, but I've never done that before without using the Exchange. This is what I've done:

I downloaded it into my downloads folder. I copied and pasted into the Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > Downloads folder. It does come up in my Sims 3 Game Launcher download queue but when I try to install it, it tells me to update my game. My game is as up to date as can be (Or I think so, it won't let me update any further), so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, can someone help me?
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2010
    I can't remember if I already posted on this thread, but now after playing this world, I just gotta tell you how beautiful this world is! I haven't found a single problem.

I have one question, are you planning to update it for Ambitions?

Thanks in advance for any consideration you give to updating.

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • StefanieLouiseStefanieLouise Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2010
    I second what everyone else is saying about Neverglade being updated for Ambitions. I've updated my save game with all the appropriate lots but I don't think it's very good, hopefully someone else will have better for us.
  • mrmari1mrmari1 Posts: 13
    edited June 2010
    Hey, this world is awesome! And you can tell that it took a lot of time and effort to make! :-)

I was just wondering how you were able to create terrain so far in the distance? It looked as if you have your own distant terrain to your world just like the worlds for Egypt, France, and China for World Adventures.

Thanks!
  • QahneQahne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have quite a serious issue regarding Neverglade. I installed the world and populated it before the Ambitions release, and everything worked fine. After installing the updated AwesomeMod, the savegame loaded fine. Then I added a couple of new lots (using the new Edit Town functions), and the game refused to load, the loading bar, however, was completely green.

Also, I second the motion to update Neverglade with the Ambitions lots. Maybe even an update to solve my mystery problem.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to praise you for the wonderful world ;) It has been my main world ever since I downloaded it. None of the other worlds that I've seen stand a chance against the sheer beauty, playability and realism of Neverglade :D
  • ChriscmmChriscmm Posts: 106
    edited June 2010
    I don't post often, but I'm so grateful for your world creation it would only be my honor to give some feedback. I strongly feel this is one of the best, if not, the best custom world released at the moment. The detail and work put into the terrain and geographical features really shine through and leave a very nice visual effect. I have not noticed any major graphical glitches, it seems you have carefully executed this world :D. Thanks for your effort.
  • lcmsimslcmsims Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2010
    Awesome world :thumbup:

Will you be updating it with the Ambitions community lots?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys, you all can update your own Ambitions lots, all but the hang out and the laundry are in the community lots in the house catalogue. See the tab that looks like a park bench? They are there. For the laundry and the hangout, just make a copy yourself of the one in Twinbrooks, and load to the library as well or make your own of those two places. I did.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DequevionneDequevionne Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2010
    For some reason i downloaded it and i get to the main menu and click new game, but every time it loads it just exits. I dont know if its my custom content or what. Also i have the 1.12.7 update. If You Could Help Me I Would Really Appreciate It. I played it earlier b4 i knew how to get custom content and I must say you should be on the sims 3 team 4 making worlds bcuz Neverglade is AWESOME! :mrgreen: But too bad i cant play it now. :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited July 2010
    Yes CC is a problem with the newest patch and the CAW created worlds as well. I've been testing worlds and have no CC at all and have problems with most of them so far. Out of five I played this week only one have I been able to play without weird little freezing issues and none could be used by the prior save game from before the patch and Ambitions came out.

I have zero problem with any of the EA world and suspect at least half the problem is with the CAW world not being self updateable like third party CC as both the worlds and CC that has not been updated act the same way.

Everything needs to be on the same game build, and apparently EA has a method that when the game is updated their worlds update as well. But CAW world are somehow missing this ability. If you notice all EA world offer to either place Ambitions stuff in the game for you or tells you that you can do it yourself.

I get none of that on the CAW worlds. You have to instead go around and force the ambition lots into the CAW world and start brand new games. I too had no luck with Neverblade or Fort Sims playing smoothly and trouble free like it did before the patch.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DequevionneDequevionne Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thanks, this helps alot, hopefully they'll fix it and let us play neverglade as it should, fun and non-freezing. But the weird thing is that i took out and uninstalled all my custom content but it still exits on me.
    edited July 2010
    Like I said the CAW worlds are not updated, so that has to be half your problem. I have a very high end pc, Phenom II quad core, with each core 2.7 - and it has a problem with no CC as well. Then your other problem could be the CC you removed may have not been completely uninstalled. Unlike Sims 2, just moving out the CC does not always remove it - all that does is just remove your own access to it, but between the game cloner that can clone your content so townies will be seen still using stuff you can't get to, well that means the CC is embedded in the data files and takes a complete MANUAL uninstall and clean of the registry to remove. Plus a lot of people do not realize the game also copies backups of all your downloads, and this are found in the dcbackup folder and quite unreadable. It's nearly impossible to find what is what in there. Then there is the CC you also download with the launcher, and that will be in both installed content as well as downloaded content. That has to be physically uninstalled in installed content, and deleted from downloaded content. Then there is still the download folder that holds copies of the sims3packs.

So it's a lot more than just moving them out of your game. That's why I ask people - are you sure you removed all your CC. You can even uninstall your game just using the uninstall on the control panel, and your CC will still be in your game when you reinstall.

Nope, not at all as easy as it was in Sims 2.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited June 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yes CC is a problem with the newest patch and the CAW created worlds as well. I've been testing worlds and have no CC at all and have problems with most of them so far. Out of five I ****** this week only one have I been able to play without weird little freezing issues and none could be used by the prior save game from before the patch and Ambitions came out.

I have zero problem with any of the EA world and suspect at least half the problem is with the CAW world not being self updateable like third party CC as both the worlds and CC that has not been updated act the same way.

Everything needs to be on the same game build, and apparently EA has a method that when the game is updated their worlds update as well. But CAW world are somehow missing this ability. If you notice all EA world offer to either place Ambitions stuff in the game for you or tells you that you can do it yourself.

I get none of that on the CAW worlds. You have to instead go around and force the ambition lots into the CAW world and start brand new games. I too had no luck with Neverblade or Fort Sims playing smoothly and trouble free like it did before the patch.

Writin_Reg, I have now seen you post several times on not being able to use your CAW world saves after installing Ambitions. I'm really sorry you're having this problem and I honestly don't understand why you're having this problem, because I'm not.

All the saves that I have tried have all worked fine and so far, I am asked every time I go to test one of my CAW worlds if I want to place the Ambitions lots. I accepted with Victorian Bay but have declined since then, including Neverglade, so I can look around and decide where to place them. LOL, just don't remember all the layouts of all the worlds I have off the top of my head. I do place the lots prior to playing the save but after a leisurely look around.

As of today, I have played 7 of my installed worlds, including Neverglade, and they have all worked just fine. I started a new game in only one and only because that's what I wanted to do. The rest have all been played from the save file, once again including Neverglade, and I was asked about adding the Ambitions lots. I wonder why your experience is so different. It's truly baffling.

• CooklezCooklez Posts: 3,102
    edited June 2010
    Okk then
    im also wondering how to use this "mediafire" dowload side. im totally stuck and it pretty confusing! can u tell me how ? :-o
    \

Its not hard,you just click the start download button on the screen,then click save to desktop,then when its done,douple click the Plumbob icon on the screen and it will download.
  • JustMyLifeJustMyLife Posts: 1,246 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Is there a lot with room for a 10G Legacy? Because a lot of worlds miss this lot.
  • jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    edited July 2010
    JustMyLife wrote:
    Is there a lot with room for a 10G Legacy? Because a lot of worlds miss this lot.

GF theres a lot of room. He did a really good job on this MOD its alot better then the crappy ambitions town they just rolled out. Its also a lot better then (see i forgot the name of the the sims 3 city already). Well that town. Thank you so much for a good map guy.
  • JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited July 2010
    DOLLDRMS1, I`m not experiencing any problems with my created world either in terms of the situation Writin_Reg seems to be. It played fine before Ambitions and plays fine afterwards. I didn`t start a new game either, just a different "Save As" game.
    I had the option of adding the Ambitions lots to my world and did so, no problem there. It is all very strange how some people have problems and some do not.
    That`s Sims 3 for you.
  • HanaPixelzHanaPixelz Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    ****, I didn't know this was only for those with the WA expansion :( I found the video on youtube a while back when it was under construction, was so excited too :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • jojobe71jojobe71 Posts: 365 Member
    edited July 2010
    I second what everyone else is saying about Neverglade being updated for Ambitions. I've updated my save game with all the appropriate lots but I don't think it's very good, hopefully someone else will have better for us.

if you are having this issure before you install Ambitions move all your content and family town whatever you want to keep to the exchange. My system bugged the crapp out when i put on ambitions due to all the custom content. I had to take everything off and do a fresh install even neverglade. Anyway im using neverglade now as my town with ambitions running and have had no problems. of course its a fresh install, that probaly why.
  • musicalbentomusicalbento Posts: 145
    edited July 2010
    Just thought I'd give my two cents and say that this world is AMAZING. Grade A stuff man, it even inspired me to make my own world (despite the fact that CAW has me jumping through hoops to get it to work properly) and I just want to thank you for putting all that time and effort into making this.
  • Puzman4Puzman4 Posts: 246 Member
    edited July 2010
    I am very curious, i tried to make a match for existing Sim-towns in the game as well. Yours looks wonderfully. i'll let you know what ik think of it. Next week, now installing en going to watch soccer...

groet,

Roy
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey - have a question for all other Neverglade Simmers: I downloaded the latest update (4.2.32) from the launcher, but now every time I try to have my view be in the Old Town area of Neverglade, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if I use the magnifying glass when in the City view, if I switch a Sim that is there to active, or if I manually move my screen over to that area, as soon as it comes into view, the game completely crashes.

I am able to play just fine in other areas of town - on my Sims' lot (they live over by the beach community lot), and to the large park in the center of town.

Is anyone experiencing this? Could this be related to what Writin_Reg was talking about with CAW-created towns not always being compatible with game updates? At first I thought this was a random crash associated with CC in general or something, but after reloading and testing in-play several times it's definitely tied to visiting the Old Town section of Neverglade...

Sorry for the massive post, but any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!!