Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CRASH SOLUTION!! TS3 Ambitions crashes to desktop since v.4.2.32.007001 - OS: MAC OSX

Until the 4.2.32.007001 patch my game was running fine..along came the patch and it crashes to desktop when saving, during game play, etc.. there is no certain time when it crashes, pretty much anytime!

As of now I cant play TS3 for longer than 5 minutes, so basically I cant play at all..so very sad!!

I have read several fixes that Windows Simmers have used to attempt to fix the dreaded crashes ...are there any fixes for us MAC OSX users??

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you..
Jewls

Comments

• califjewlscalifjewls Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    Today I called EA Tech Support and explained my current game "issues" aka game crashes to desktop on my Mac.

It was suggested that I take the below steps to get my game working properly, so I thought I would share:

Before manually uninstalling the game, you may want to to save your game data. In order to do this, go to HD (Harddrive)/Users/<USERNAME>/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Copy and paste to desktop (I saved my Custom Music, SavedSims, Saves and Downloads)

Follow these steps to manually uninstall The Sims 3 for Mac:

1. Delete/Move to trash The Sims 3 program from the desktop and dock.
    2. Delete/Move to trash The Sims 3 folder from the Applications folder
    3. Delete/Move to trash the additional files found in HD/Users/<USERNAME>/Library/Preferences/
    4. Delete/Move to trash the user-generated content found in HD/Users/<USERNAME>/Documents/

Next steps:

5. Empty trash (this will take awhile)
    6. Restart computer
    7. Install The Sims 3 and all Expansions packs IMPORTANT: Do not install ANY game updates until AFTER Ambitions is installed!
    8. Launch TS3, a pop up will announce an "Update is available would you like to update now", EA tech support suggested updating at this point, but I am going to launch game without updating.

Jewls
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • racergirl118racergirl118 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    ok so i have a question. do you think that this would work for windows to? because i am having pretty much the same problem but i have windows instead of a mac.
  • califjewlscalifjewls Posts: 13
    edited July 2010
    All I know is IT WORKED!!

I followed the above steps EXCEPT I did NOT install any game updates/patches after installing the expansions packs, I unchecked the "auto update" feature.

I played for 6-7 hours straight last night with no issues at all, I did start a brand new city just in case anything was corrupt and I downloaded all new custom content, it was kind of nice to get a fresh start with my game.

I would think that this would be a solution for Windows or Mac users, takes some time and you start over, but sometimes thats a good thing.

Until EA comes up with a new update I wont be installing any patches and the next time I install a patch I will wait until other Simmers report their findings after installing.

Jewls
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Yikes, I hope I do not have to reinstall everything because of this d*mn patch! Thanks for posting, I'm bookmarking for now because my game is also crashing randomly during play.

Bookmarked, but still optimistic it all won't have to come to this...:(
  • SimsARLSimsARL Posts: 14,884 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I really need a solution my crashing problem! I use to only be able to play less then 5 minutes like you, now it's less then 5 seconds. :/ I've e-mailed EA and have gotten a reply on what to do. It hasn't worked.

I have Windows. Hopefully I can get a solution! I miss sims.
  • jocoopjocoop Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I can't play my Sims at all, it loads and quits within seconds. I have uninstalled and deleted everything. It's because of the patch that it won't work, but in order to install Ambitions I need the patch, can someone please help me!