Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling Ambitions?

If I did that, would I lose my families?

Comments

• gerbenlegacygerbenlegacy Posts: 122 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Anyone?
    edited July 2010
    Bump! Seriously, I just need a yes or a no...
  • kitendamakitendama Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I think you will - if you're referring to the ones you already "moved in" the town. I guess if you don't want to lose them try saving your entire family to the Sims bin first before re-installing because the ones saved in the bin seems to be retained even if you re-install the game. :)
    edited July 2010
    Ok thx! I think I'm gonna do as you say and put copies in the game bin while also putting a backup on my USB (not sure how that works but I'm just gonna try) and then hope I don't lose my almighty legacy that has all relic collections completed and has tons of money.

But thx again!
  • kitendamakitendama Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Ok thx! I think I'm gonna do as you say and put copies in the game bin while also putting a backup on my USB (not sure how that works but I'm just gonna try) and then hope I don't lose my almighty legacy that has all relic collections completed and has tons of money.

But thx again!

Wow that does sound like a family worth saving indeed! Good luck then and you're most welcome! :)
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Just save your Saves folder from My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 before uninstalling. That has all the neighborhoods, sims, etc and is what you load from the main menu. You can either copy that folder somewhere (like your desktop) or to a CD or whatever.

Right next to it, your Download folder has all the stuff you got from the store or from another site, and the Mods folder would have all your mods. If you want to save those things, just do the same as you did with the Saves folder (copy to desktop etc)

After reinstalling the games, just copy all of those back into My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 3 folders with the same names and all will be cool.