Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problem installing items from the Exchange

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    x3mamix3mami Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2010
    ive had the same problem while trying to download tattoos from the exchange store
  • Options
    livfloatelivfloate Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    hmm i can't believe that this is one of the most popular computer games in the world and they still can't take time to satisfy the mac customers. Pc users get to keep on creating, where we are bored, and TS3 just ends up being a better quality version of TS2.
  • Options
    elnameelname Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This was all done on a mac (macbook and imac):
    No Cheat Codes used, but I've successfully downloaded custom content (extra clothes from other websites, etc.) off the exchange!

Here's how you do it:

1. Find the sims (item) you want
    2. DO NOT PRESS ADD TO GAME: save the file! It will save into your downloads folder
    3. Once it's downloaded, open finder and find the download (it will be in the downloads folder, it may take a while to find)
    4. Drag the download into documents (this is where your EA folder is located if you haven't moved it)
    5. Drag the file into Electronic Arts-The Sims 3-Downloads
    It is now located in your launcher
    6. Double click the file from finder, sometimes it works if you install from the launcher too.
    7. Taadaaah! You have awesome clothes!

*Note* Alot of hair will not download, but the sims and clothes will.
    I am running Mac OS X 10.6.2 and am just about to update =D (snow leopard)

Good luck, I hope it works like it worked for me!

If only that worked for me. =/ Sigh.
  • Options
    potterluverpotterluver Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I always get the "EP content that seem to be missing" message. I've never tried downloading them, because my friend did an her gam freaked out rigt around that time and sh hd to re-install it. If i download the tings with te mising content, will the other part of the downloads still work on my game? Or will it kill my game?
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Cider has really put stress on me. urgh.
  • Options
    katiedoyle100katiedoyle100 Posts: 3
    edited August 2010
    I also have that sam "missing EP conten" message that pops up. It is a pain in my butt! Does that mean I have to have an expansion pack that is found with the item I want?
  • Options
    123sapphire123sapphire Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    I have the same problem will someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    franchtoastfranchtoast Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I was having the same problem so this is what I tried and it seems to work.

Click on the bigger picture of the item that comes right next to the Add to Game. This should take you to the full 'profile' page for the item. On this page click the Save File link which is right below the Add to Game button.
    Once the item is saved/downloaded, open up the file and it should open up the download manager for sims 3. From there you just click the box and install.

If it says that you need to have the latest software or something like that then you should just try checking to see if there are any updates that you haven't gotten yet. You can do this from the window that first opens when you open the game.

Hope it works for you guys too :)
  • Options
    Jayne_1231Jayne_1231 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2011
    to downloads alot of the objects you need 'stuff' extention packs. there are different extention packs depending on the type of item you are downloadin :)
  • Options
    LukeSyncLukeSync Posts: 3
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys, look i don't know the solution but the theory i have is that you cannot upload an item IF it is a customized item only found in a version of the sims you dont have, So for example, if there is an item in the sims night life, and you dont have the sims night life, obviously its not fair if you can just upload it from the site. I realised this when i noticed in the sims 3 (no expansions) there is no hot tub. hot tub's are found in the sims 3 night life, and ofcourse when i tried to upload it into my game it didn't work, and came up with this message. So yea, i presume thats the problem guys :)! Soz for no solution though :/!!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Everyone who is having problems with updating the game and the game saying it's up to date, check this out: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Current#SP3_-_Outdoor_Living_.28Retail_version_7.0.55.29 This is what fixed the problem for me. I hope this helps some of you. :)
  • Options
    gayle_afcbgayle_afcb Posts: 157 Member
    edited July 2011
    Similar but different problem here. I can download from the store just fine but when you open the download manager and click to install the 2nd window pops up (that tells you if it has succeeded or not and then it just hangs before finally telling me it's crashed, the DM crashes as well. I tried getting round it by double clicking the s3pack but it crashes that way too.

My current game is a recent reinstall after generations killed my last game! I did a complete uninstall then reinstalled and patched after each disc/EP/SP and did them in the right order. It was working fine for ages after the reinstall then a few days ago just decided it wasn't going to work anymore.

I have all SP & EP and the up to date version of the game. 8.whatever it is.

Very annoying when you have paid for content from the store but can't even install it in your game :evil: :thumbdown:
  • Options
    MichellePetitMichellePetit Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    CarlaJones wrote:
    I have a MacBook and I expierciened the problem of things not downloading also. But I have found a solution.
    Solution: Instead of pressing the add to game button. Click the the item you'd like to download and press save as. :mrgreen:
    I hope I have helped.
    i am with windows 7, and (for example) i saved an image of a tattoo i wanted to download for free in the exchange) and i saved the image in a folder in my pictures, how do i upload it to my game? im quite confused!! haha :P help!!! and yeah i have the same problem as everyone commenting here, when i wanna add to game it doesnt download, it just says "error this item has dependencies on EP OR SP content that seems to be missing the missing EP OR SP content will be replaced with proxies'' blahhhh! so frustrated!!!
  • Options
    MichellePetitMichellePetit Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Jayne_1231 wrote:
    to downloads alot of the objects you need 'stuff' extention packs. there are different extention packs depending on the type of item you are downloadin :)

waiiiiiit.. i am SOOO confused. what do you mean 'stuff extention packs' and how can you tell which extention pack or whatever, you need to download that certain item?
  • Options
    shelbydog13shelbydog13 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Sometimes it's beacause you don't have the EP used in the item