Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't load or start new games after the latest update

The progress bar works all it's way to the end but a small gap and it stops.

Version:
Base: 1.14.11.007002
WA: 3.7.7.006002
AMB: 4.2.32.007001

I also have a issue with game data with CaW.

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2010
    Did you read the patch notes page and disable (remove Mods folder) before trying to patch?
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2010
    Mine is stuck at 99% now. :(
  • Options
    EmeraldRubyEmeraldRuby Posts: 3,842 Member
    edited July 2010
    You could like I did delete the last EP/SP you downloaded and therefor the game will be at the update the SP/EP comes with it. Thats what I did and I'm now on update 4.0 and then you can just wait till a new update is out and try that one
  • Options
    KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2010
    I am no longer able to run the game since the patch. I have no custom content, no hacks, no 3rd party software. I have purchases from the Sims 3 Store. I uninstalled and reinstalled and am still unable to play. I started a fresh install with no saved games. I open the neighborhood and it gets stuck at the end of the loading screen. I meet all system requirements for the game according to their Easy Info, and my drivers and graphics card are up to date. I have had no trouble with the game up to this point. I reported to EA.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Ambitions and turned off auto updates, but it updated it anyway. It's aggrivating. I think I'll have to uninstall the EADM when I uninstall Ambitions and see if that will stop the auto update.
  • Options
    ToachyzzToachyzz Posts: 66
    edited July 2010
    Can't even get sims3 game to work it code000 I can't even fix myself infact might moad about sims3facebook as well.
  • Options
    CandyBabeLeaCandyBabeLea Posts: 10 New Member
    edited March 2013
    my town loading got stuck at 99% for awhile now, but i figured out something.
    On my Sims 3 folder, DCCache folder, i cut and pasted the DBC files onto my desktop, and started the game, it worked! BUT there was another problem, there would be a missing object warning 'Some objects could not be loaded and were replaced' so, my ccs and store contents didnt show up in my game OR in my launcher. I put the DBC files back in my DCCache, ran the game, it would'nt load.I think the dbc files have something to do with my custom content but i cant open the files or anything, so i don't know which cc is the bad one. Also, i don't have a Mods folder :/ not sure if that helps. I can't just play withought my ccs :(( someone plz figure out an option for this. :(