Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

having difficulty with cameras

I am finding it very difficult to move around with the camera. Can anyone help me Please help Thank You

Comments

• toovivacious4utoovivacious4u Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am too. I can get the camera to stay centered on my sim, or take it off of the sim who then can wander off unwatched. I just can't get the camera to move freely- it either is centered on the sim or centered on the spot I took the camera off of the sim.

In the neighborhood view, I was able to use the cursor to pan by moving the cursor to the screen edge in the desired direction, but this is not possible in the home view?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • brittbritt Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I was having the same problems when I was playing the game. I wasn't able to zoom in as much as I wanted to when buying things for the house. When I put my cursor on the edge of the screen it didn't move around like it usually does.
  • HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well the standard mouse controls for moving the camera are still in. Clicking the right mouse button will make the camera move to where the cursor was. Holding the right mouse button will let you pan the camera. Holding the middle mouse button will let you rotate and pitch the camera. You can use the scroll function of the middle mouse button to zoom in and out. Also it has wasd key bindings for moving the mouse plus the arrow keys.
  • HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh and you can turn on edge scrolling in the game options.
  • brittbritt Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks HILNUS I'll try it again.
  • scorpionlzscorpionlz Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    what I did is in option for camaras view I click everything and it work so much better. I think it was four choices..