Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making other members in the household non-playable

TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
This has been asked for before (so it isn't exactly something new), but it has been awhile and it's something I'd absolutely love to see added.

Deciding which Sims are to be non-playable could be set before you added your Sim(s) to the household OR you could simply set this once you're in-game. If you choose to set this while moving your Sim(s) into the selected house, there would be additional options to either keep the current members as playable or non-playable.

I remember looking over the houses in Sunset Valley that had a load of Sims living there (cannot recall the name of the households, but I'm sure you've all seen them) anyway... I was about to add my Sim to one of the households thinking how cool it'll be to have roommates, then it dawned on me quickly that I'd have to play ALL of the Sims in that household. It kinda put a dampner on things. :lol:

So, yes, it would be fantastic if we could do this. :D

Comments

• TiumiTiumi Posts: 545 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Nobody else interested in this idea? :?
  • pieaterpieater Posts: 92 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I'd like to see that! Sometimes, when you want your sim to start a family (or if they want to have five kids), you don't want to play them all! :)

Also, It would be nice to easily switch between selected players.
  • Supergirl_stacieSupergirl_stacie Posts: 2 New Member
    I really wish this become a thing. I would love to only play one character and have the others in my family do whatever they want. It would be cool too if you could add a bio or select things you want them to work on or accomplish along with doing whatever they want. I liked in sims 3 that my kids would move out and have kids get jobs etc without me making the decisions for them.
  • Supergirl_stacieSupergirl_stacie Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Tiumi;d-228197"]This has been asked for before (so it isn't exactly something new), but it has been awhile and it's something I'd absolutely love to see added.

Deciding which Sims are to be non-playable could be set before you added your Sim(s) to the household OR you could simply set this once you're in-game. If you choose to set this while moving your Sim(s) into the selected house, there would be additional options to either keep the current members as playable or non-playable.

I remember looking over the houses in Sunset Valley that had a load of Sims living there (cannot recall the name of the households, but I'm sure you've all seen them) anyway... I was about to add my Sim to one of the households thinking how cool it'll be to have roommates, then it dawned on me quickly that I'd have to play ALL of the Sims in that household. It kinda put a dampner on things. :lol:

So, yes, it would be fantastic if we could do this. :D [/quote]

[quote="Tiumi;d-228197"]This has been asked for before (so it isn't exactly something new), but it has been awhile and it's something I'd absolutely love to see added.

So, yes, it would be fantastic if we could do this. :D [/quote]

Right I miss having roommates in the sims 2 apartment life. Would love if they did this.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Tiumi wrote: »
    This has been asked for before (so it isn't exactly something new), but it has been awhile and it's something I'd absolutely love to see added.

Tiumi wrote: »

Right I miss having roommates in the sims 2 apartment life. Would love if they did this.

You can do this. Roommates are in Sims 4 University.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    This thread is from 2010!
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    Then ask them to delete it

• EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top