Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Navigation?

Kashka101Kashka101 Posts: 5 New Member
I am finding the navigation really annoying >:/ I cannot seem to navigate properly it is so 'stiff' and restricted compared to sims 2 in buy/build mode I can't go to a scpecific room unless the sim is in/near there (becuase i ahve to click on them to get there) ... i dunno it is wierd, and having to click the right mouse button to move is really time/brain consuming :P and doesn't work properly! Is anyone else finding this? I prefered the navigation of sims 2 it was more free!

Comments

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2009
    Try going into the options and clicking on the edge scrolling option. The camera will move when your mouse gets close to the edge of the screen. It makes it easier to get where you want. But I agree, it's a lot harder to navigate.
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited June 2009
    Try going into the options and clicking on the edge scrolling option. The camera will move when your mouse gets close to the edge of the screen. It makes it easier to get where you want. But I agree, it's a lot harder to navigate.

The edge scrolling is a critical setting. Everyone needs to know where it is in the options. However, the scroll is too sensitive. There needs to be an option to pan less with one touch to the side of the screen. I'm always missing my target point by scrolling too far.
  • Options
    Kashka101Kashka101 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks just what I was looking for! :D