Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where'd he go!?

So my sim had a son who grew up to a young adult, got married. Since there were alot of sims on the lot, I kicked him out with his wife. They then moved into the Gothic house near the cemetary. My sim visited them, they had twins etc. Then one day I had my sim go visit him and a different family was living in that house. So I looked around town for my sims' son's house and I couldn't find it. So I thought of calling him and inviting him over. He was nowhere to be found in my sims' relationships... I looked in the family tree and he is still there though. I tried switching families and he's not anywhere either. Any ideas of where he went??

Comments

• Sims3erSims3er Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2009
    dead?
    moved?
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    He probably moved out of town =(
    Have your sim read the newspaper
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • jerziguy1975jerziguy1975 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Part of the story progression part of the game. Sims move in and Sims move out.
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    If they move out... they are gone for good... Try to turn Story Progressions off... Sadly it does this.
  • DreamWriter09DreamWriter09 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This has happened to many people who have Story Progression on. Their Sim family will suddenly be moved out and gone. I suggest making a copy of the family before you move them into a different house. I haven't done that, but hopefully it will work. Also, there have been suggestions to move and delete many of the families out of the lot because your Sim family will supposedly move if there is no room or if they don't have enough money to live in the house anymore. Make sure they have a lot of cash...
  • GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2009
    FatCat wrote:
    He probably moved out of town =(
    Have your sim read the newspaper
    If he moved out of town, could I stil play him or is he gone forever?
  • StarMcLight2StarMcLight2 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have heard two reasons for this:

1: The Sim has moved into someone elses house. If that's the case then it's a process of finding out which house they are in by hopefully spotting them around town and following them or checking inside each and every house, the latter being more time consuming.

2: They just disappeared for good. I have heard of this happening before and if that is the case then they are just gone. It's just something that happens in the game, shouldn't be part of the game but a few people have expressed their concern that it has happend to them and they aren't happy about it.

Given all you have stated it seems like you might just be in the 2nd catagory and if so I'm sorry to say but they might just be gone forever. I've had a case where a family was not in their home but they moved into someone elses and I had to find them.

If your's is gone for good then there isn't anything that can be done about that but keep looking around, there is always a chance.
    tumblr_nboolyIdkK1t7r502o1_250.gif
  • GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh then I guess he's gone for good :(
    But what's weird is that his family is still aging, when I first couldn't find him his daughters were children but now theyre teens..