Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Formidable Suit - Not formalwear?

I bought this suit thinking that it was for an adult and it was a child's and that's my fault, that's fine, but then I went to put it on my sim kid for formal wear and it's not categorized in formal. There are no other suits in the formal wear for children and it's fine that it's in everyday, but I would like it if it were also in formalwear.

Just FYI for anyone who might see it on someone else's wishlist like I did and think it's something it's not.
My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
Send me a friend request for Simport

Comments

• Options
    LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2010
    Off topic but I have been looking for you!

Thank you so much for the Victorian Kerosene Wall Lamp! You are very sweet. Although I had tons of trouble getting it to download I was finally able to download it and get it over into my computer and I even put in in my Sim's house yesterday. It looks great! I am currently out of points but as soon as the Store's issues are fixed (hopefully, fingers and legs crossed) I won't forget you! It takes a special person to think of others and I for one am grateful!

Also I think it is wonderful that you would take the time to warn others about the item. Your name fits you! LOL You are Cool!
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I had seen all the trouble you were having, I'm glad you got that!

I still have 2 things I can't download and the bad part is, EA customer service told me they would only deal with it by email and said they would forward it, but I've had no response. I did get an email with a note about if they didn't hear from me in 6 (or 7?) days, they would consider the matter closed. They won't deal with it on the phone, won't give me a solution by email? I feel ya.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Also I think it is wonderful that you would take the time to warn others about the item. Your name fits you! LOL You are Cool!

I'm not that cool, I'd like them to fix it! There was a male hair "All-Banged Up" that wasn't right and they did fix that and it looks great in the game.

Since I'm "warning", I've also noticed that the latest bikini tops The Mai Tie and Bandeau aren't in swimwear in the store, but their matching bottoms are. I haven't bought them because now I watch what's categorized where; can anyone confirm or deny that the tops are in Swimwear?,
    BD5141, Hippiedippie?????? (I know you own them!! LOL)

And also since I'm "warning" I bought a badge for BD5141 as a return gift since she owns everything..believe me I tried ALOT of stuff and the store apparently lets you duplicate badges that a Simmer already owns!

ETA: The store and gifting are (albeit overpriced) but fun, it's just the buyer beware that kind of sucks the fun.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Still having problems and I think it BLOWS that EA would have a sale when so many can't access the store. They won't deal with my issues either so I just have to either wait it out or get over it. I loved the store though. I also loved gifting people. I had met a girl from South Africa on a Yorkie forum who also plays the Sims and we have become very close over the years. They don't sell Sim point cards in South Africa. I bought her 2 Sim Point cards and sent them to her in a Christmas card and she emailed me back saying that she couldn't use them because of something or another about her country and the country that the cards were bought in so I had her give me the numbers and I gifted her just so she could have things from the store. That's not right either in my opinion. They should sell the point cards everywhere that they sell the game if they are going to have a store. Especially since they aren't giving out free points with EP's anymore.

I have noticed that some of the Free items that I had working in my game before the latest patch now are considered unavailable when I tried to redownload them from my purchase history. The Santa hats for men and women and the Jester hats for men and women, also the hats that look like the forth of July hats are now unavalible. I can understand that they would expire by a certain date if you hadn't downloaded them in time but I did have them before and now even though they show up as "you already own this item" they are deemed unavailable. Of course I have to consider the fact that I have tons of trouble with the store and that too may well be an error. Oh well. No biggy there, I kinda thought they were ugly anyway! LOL

Also there is a sticky from SimGuruHydra about the store not downloading properly and it is dated in May, 2010. (not sure if it says the 23rd but somewhere around then) The thread is a sticky and it is locked but no further word on it. Makes me think that they know there is a problem but choose to ignore it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Lil, are you able to download everything you purchased now, just not the free stuff? I hope so. I think the free things were just seasonal things, and I agree, no loss.

Anyone know about the bikini tops?

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Some of the free ones say unavailable.

I finally got everything that I had purchased by using my husbands computer. I got several errors like I go the error,"Error the application has failed" 7 times, "Encountered a problem with the Sims 3 launcher, had to close, sorry for the inconvience" 7 times, "Your Store session has expired. Please sign into your account." 9 times. The only way I could get the items was by clicking on an item let the launcher come up when the download failed I would minimize it and reclick on the item and let the launcher come up and then wait for the hour glass to disappear and then close the launcher out and click on the item again and let the launcher come up and that time it would download and I installed them quickly. I had to do that with 10 pages of items! It took over 4 hours and I was a wreck by time I was finished with that ordeal. I then copied my downloads and installed worlds folders to a USB stick and brought them over to my computer and copied them into my folders of the same name and when I launched the launcher I had an exclamation point beside where it says downloads and all my things were there and I clicked install all and they all installed without a problem. I also can see all my items in the game, so I know it isn't my game or computer. I have left the base game on my husbands computer so I can go through the only drill I know to get any items. Some of the free ones worked but some didn't but I was happy to just get what I got. So now I will keep those copied into my USB stick so I never have to go through this crap again. Also I am not going to buy anymore points until this issue is fixed and I mean really fixed. I just have this feeling that when another patch is released or when I finally do decide to buy Ambitions that I will have to uninstall and reinstall again at least I have peace of mind that my items are safe as a baby in it's mothers arms! It has been a horrible experience and I have never had any problems ever before in all of my 10 years of playing even when everyone over at TS2 were having all those problems I never did. I have never downloaded anything off of the exchange and I have no third party custom content only store items and my game runs great! It runs great after the unistall and reinstall I had to do after the newest patch rendered my game version 0.0.0000 that is. I guess I shouldn't complain. I have been able to finally get my items I payed for and some people haven't even been able to do that. It's just that all I have to go through to get those items makes it so tedious that it isn't worth it. I don't know what would happen if I tried to download a newly purchased item. It may work then, I'm not willing to spend 10 dollars on a Sim card that may not work or I will have to do a work around that sucks! LOL It's been an adventure that's for sure.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ZOMG!

I'd of given up before all that I think! Holy frustrating!

No one knows about the bikini tops I guess, I just won't get them.

• Options
    Tootsyim1Tootsyim1 Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2010
    No one knows about the bikini tops I guess, I just won't get them.

Those tops ARE in the swimwear section. You can safely buy them. lol
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Tootsyim1! In the store, they're listed in Sleepwear, but not in Swimwear. I know alot of people buy sets, but I wasn't interested in having a neighborhood full of townies with flippers for shoes! LOL

• Options
    Tootsyim1Tootsyim1 Posts: 486 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you Tootsyim1! In the store, they're listed in Sleepwear, but not in Swimwear. I know alot of people buy sets, but I wasn't interested in having a neighborhood full of townies with flippers for shoes! LOL

I bought it as a set, and YES, I have a lot of townies wearing flippers!! It's so annoying. just when you meet that "perfect" guy... You take one look at his wardrobe and realize he MUST be insane! lol

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Tootsyim1 wrote:

I bought it as a set, and YES, I have a lot of townies wearing flippers!! It's so annoying. just when you meet that "perfect" guy... You take one look at his wardrobe and realize he MUST be insane! lol

The problem is, they're not insane, EA categorized these wrong!

• Options
    edited June 2010

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO! Sorry but that is sooooo typical EA! Like those silly looking Rain Boots in the base game, WTH?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi Liz, did you notice at the top, the instructions were updated somehow on 6/25. :roll:

Those boots are a hoot, I thought my gardener should wear them, then, I noticed how they poke thru, they must be to wear with the kilt or a skirt lol