Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 impressions and observations

Notes on Game:
Download Manager in launcher is painfully slow and downloads often error out. Best to download only one thing at once.
Running on:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion tx2500 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core QL-60 (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
Memory: 2812MB RAM
And:
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (0x9612)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9612&SUBSYS_30F1103C&REV_00
Display Memory: 1460 MB
Dedicated Memory: 309 MB

-Graphics on highest settings except for screen resolution (I prefer 800 x 600) and lot rendering. Fast load times and almost no lag. Performs much better on this computer than TS2 and all its EPs. You don’t need a super computer to have a good experience with this game.
-Faces very similar no matter what you do, but that doesn’t matter much to me because I have great difficulty distinguishing faces in RL and rely on other visual cues.
-Most facial hair is ugly so I usually only use the stubble
-Overall, I think sims are more attractive/realistic than TS2 other than the round faces (more noticeable in CAS than in-game).
-Lots of clothing options for all ages. I haven’t figured out how to use Create a Style yet. Many more clothing options than TS2.
-A lot of hairstyles for base game. There are only a few styles for kids and toddlers but they are cute ones. I especially like the little girl pigtails.
-all dressers are two-tiled, would like some one tiled dressers for space reasons.
-some new objects (my favourite is the sprinkler which kids can run through).
-time goes very slowly when sims are sleeping even on highest speed
--sims take care of their own needs well. I’m trying to figure out the more complex aspects of the game.
-seamless neighbourhood concept works well with no lag. Sometimes when walking to a lot several houses down, it takes a short time for textures to show up.
-Overall rating 9.5/10

Comments

• NalynaNalyna Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I find the time doesn't go quick enough during sleep as well. Nice review :)
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Why do you prefer a smaller resolution?
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited June 2009
    This laptop has a small screen and I have difficulty with tracking.