Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Photography question

I think I'm defective. I can't figure out how to get the Home Decor picture. I remember I got it one time in the Sphinx, I think, but now I just can't do it! Help please! :D

Comments

• SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I haven't done it for a while but I think you just need to get a few decorative objects in the same frame, it's easiest if all the objects in the targeting box don't meet the requirements for any other subject (since the more potential subjects there are the harder it is to get the one you want to appear). Things like paintings, sculptures and so forth should do the trick (items from the "Decor" section of Buy Mode basically).
  • KhariiKharii Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2010
    I am having the same issue. I have four other sets finished, and this is the last picture I need for this collection. I have tried placing random groupings of decorative catalog items, and I cannot get a thing. I've tried literally dozens of different combinations, different categories and the same categories.

I know the general answer is a couple of items from the decorations catalog, but this isn't working for me. Does anyone know of specific items that, if in frame together, will get this photo? Thank you in advance for any help.
  • WilbanksFamWilbanksFam Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    I'm having the same trouble and I'm wondering if they bugged Home Decor with Ambitions. I know I did this before fairly easily, but I've tried all sorts of different pairings of objects from the decor category and I'm not getting it. Yes, I'm putting two objects in the frame. If anyone could post two specific objects this will work for, please do, because it just isn't working for me.
  • Pink36stripePink36stripe Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I've also been having problems getting the right picture...such as with the shower in a can. It will be the only thing in the frame, yet the camera doesnt recognize it. :/
    As for the home decor photo, maybe you guys could try photographing some decor stuff in a house you are visiting? Sometimes that helps me get the photo if the camera won't take it in my own house.
  • WilbanksFamWilbanksFam Posts: 3
    edited June 2010
    To get shower in the can you need to take a picture of another sim using the shower in a can. Just placing it on the ground and taking a picture won't work.

I've tried a few different homes but still can't get home decor to work. Can anyone name two home decor objects that work?
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've gotten "Home Decor" accidently while visiting tombs. Taking a picture of a stone chair gave the "Home Decor" label without being either from the decorations section or while at home.
  • Pink36stripePink36stripe Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2010
    To get shower in the can you need to take a picture of another sim using the shower in a can. Just placing it on the ground and taking a picture won't work.

I've tried a few different homes but still can't get home decor to work. Can anyone name two home decor objects that work?

Thanks!

Also, as KatAnubis said, I've gotten the home decor in tombs too. I've also got it randomly at my house.
  • PreshusPreshus Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I have found an easy way to get home decor is to take a picture of a decorative painting with a set of curtains around it. Hope this helps! Also for those of us that somehow spawned two "Home Decor" options on the photo list I have found that photographing home decor in one of the travel locations will satisfy the request. I would assume any decor in any location but in case that is not true, what I specifically photographed was a painting on the wall (with curtains around it) downstairs in the Nectary in France. Hope this helps!