Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mysteries of Riddle Household

So.. on the topic of the Riddle household.

Does anyone think the name for Di. L. Emma Riddle might be a play on Dilemma Riddle?

And Anna Liza Riddle.... a play on Analyze Riddle??

Or do you think I am way off base. This topic on the Riddles has me curious!

Comments

• DrapesDrapes Posts: 2,794 New Member
    edited June 2010
    huh?
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    whos Dilemma and Annalize Riddle?
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2010
    Anna Liza Riddle is the old lady who lives alone in Twinbrook. There's an urn in her attic of someone named Di. L Emma Riddle.

And to answer your question Gigi, I think you're absolutely correct. Most of the names in Twinbrook are puns (Juan Darer = wanderer), so I can't imagine it wasn't purposeful.
  • lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2010
    I totally agree! Lots of the names are like that... it's really amusing:)
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • OhEmGeeYaySimsOhEmGeeYaySims Posts: 1,959
    edited June 2010
    Dee Liver made me lol.
  • DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2010
    And Anna T. Spetick the maid LOL
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • worldwaffleworldwaffle Posts: 484 New Member
    edited June 2010
    There is a huge mystery considering them; and I plan to solve it. So, some people reported that her description will change according to a new instance of the neighborhood. For instance, in one description, she made a living as a stylist and was an unknown mystery writer (more on this later), but in another instance she had a part time job as a bagwoman and didn't have a job as a stylist at all in her description. Do her changing descriptions contain a clue to the puzzle?

As her being a mystery writer, maybe they contain some clues (in the title); but maybe the books are in someone elses house. Who knows?

Some things that could lead to more clues:
      Where are her books?
      Why does she sleep in the child's bedroom?
      Why are the remains of a sim hidden in her attic, as if she's trying to forget about them?
      If this isn't a mystery, why is her last name Riddle?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited June 2010
    well it might be a clue to a magic EP becuase all magic EPs I know of have wands and the only magic characters I know of that have wands are Harry Potter and his friends.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited June 2010
    Wand????
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited June 2010
    KLorelei wrote:
    Anna Liza Riddle is the old lady who lives alone in Twinbrook. There's an urn in her attic of someone named Di. L Emma Riddle.

And to answer your question Gigi, I think you're absolutely correct. Most of the names in Twinbrook are puns (Juan Darer = wanderer), so I can't imagine it wasn't purposeful.

I know that, the OP mentioned 2 other people in her post that had similar names to these characters and I was wondering who they were
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • baby_gurl17baby_gurl17 Posts: 217 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Anna Liza Riddle- The first two names put together Sounds like Analyze and Di. L. Emma sounds like Dilemma.

I never noticed any of the names in town but im going to pay more attnetion now!
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited June 2010
    KLorelei wrote:

I know that, the OP mentioned 2 other people in her post that had similar names to these characters and I was wondering who they were

Oh I get what you're saying. I don't think the OP intended to make it look like there were actual characters with the names Analyze and Dilemma, only that that is what Anna Liza and Di L Emma probably stand for. Uh, hope that makes sense so we can stop confusing each other. :wink:
  • simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    I love figuring out all the little details about the premade Sims. I caught the dilemma name pun, but not the analyze one - nice catch! :wink:

I also thought old Miss Riddle might be a subtle reference to Agatha Christie's Miss Marple detective character. Seemed to fit with Anna Liza's mystery novel background.
    There is a huge mystery considering them; and I plan to solve it. So, some people reported that her description will change according to a new instance of the neighborhood. For instance, in one description, she made a living as a stylist and was an unknown mystery writer (more on this later), but in another instance she had a part time job as a bagwoman and didn't have a job as a stylist at all in her description. Do her changing descriptions contain a clue to the puzzle?

As her being a mystery writer, maybe they contain some clues (in the title); but maybe the books are in someone elses house. Who knows?

Some things that could lead to more clues:

Where are her books?

Why does she sleep in the child's bedroom?

Why are the remains of a sim hidden in her attic, as if she's trying to forget about them?

If this isn't a mystery, why is her last name Riddle?

Interesting stuff! I didn't know a Sim's description could change. I only poked around in Twinbrook for a bit, but I believe I had the "unknown mystery writer" Miss Riddle with no job. She ended up getting married to Lang Gwydd, one of the Hi-Tech Friends. I thought that was fitting for her - a writer marrying someone with a name that sounds like "language". However, when I checked her skill journal, it said she hadn't written any books. I didn't think much of it since every premade Sim I've played has had an empty skill journal despite having points in different areas. But now you've got me curious...

:?: :?: :?:

ETA:
    well it might be a clue to a magic EP becuase all magic EPs I know of have wands and the only magic characters I know of that have wands are Harry Potter and his friends.

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here, but where in hell did the topic of wands and magic come from out of this??? :?
  • VongyVongy Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2010
    She's Best Friends with Lang Gwydd but mortal enemies with his housemate, Wei. Also, I'm pretty sure my game said she was an accomplished mystery novelist but suggested she had experienced something kinda macabre. Also one time she showed up as a firefighter? (Along with Terry A. Keyes, who I've also seen as a criminal, and Juan Darer.)

Re: weird off topic magic comment: "Riddle" is a surname from the Harry Potter books. As in "Tom Riddle." As in "Voldemort." But I really think the two are totally, completely unrelated.
  • simscapesimscape Posts: 11
    edited June 2010
    Ah, thanks for the clarification Vongy. :)

And I'm pretty sure my game also referenced Miss Riddle as being interested in the "morbid, macabre, and morose" if I remember correctly. I didn't extensively play her or Lang Gwydd so I was unaware of her history with the Hi-Tech household, but is Lang the Sim interested in becoming a Paranormal Expert? That might also explain a connection between them. I wonder why she dislikes Wei. The mystery deepens...

Whatever her story is, she is an interesting lady. :wink:
  • TaltosGirlTaltosGirl Posts: 159
    edited June 2010
    I say thier Voldemorts relatives hehe :lol:
  • TreacleSueTreacleSue Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Anna Liza Riddle was a mystery writer, but when I checked out her skill log, she hadn't written a single novel, so maybe this is a clue to highlight the fact there is a mystery rather than a literal suggestion that a book exists penned by her - or maybe you are supposed to get her writing mysteries to find out what her books are called :shock:

She is also a retired PI - another cue that there is a mystery that needs solving? But if she isn't your active household she will wander off and get another random job, she just doesn't like being retired imo (the first thing she asked for when I checked in on her was a job)

The link with the Hi-Tech household is very interesting, that sounds like a lead
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Before I stopped playing her house, she had died at 212 days of age (I play the 190 day aging) which was pretty good for a not so fit elder who reads a whole lot. it was in my game she was a stylist, and I did try to get her to writing, but for an accomplished writer she had no skills in that area. Makes me wonder if she didn't have some kind of nasty accident in her life and just forgot everything she knew - but anyway- after she died she had one of the nicer *****, and I promptly put it up in the attic with the square box one up there already.

I had already found it odd, that I could not seem to get the ghost of the container already in the attic to come out, but I noticed Ms. Riddle did the same thing. She did not come out and she had died while I was actually playing her house. In fact I continued to play the house long enough for the man I had living there to marry again, and his girl age child grew up to teen, and he and the wife had a baby, who aged to toddler. Still no wandering Ms. Riddle.

So just as I had with the square box, I moved Anna Liza down to an honored spot on a table on the main floor of the house for a sims week and nothing. Then I took and moved her outside for 2 sims weeks and nothing. Finally as a last resort I had my then teen sim take Anna liza to the grave yard and planted her there. The following night I had the girls father go to the graveyard, figuring he had to mourn and to my surprise who is out but Anna Liza Riddle.

So figuring her ghost must of been stuck, I had the dad hang around until morning came - she took her time to go back in the tombstone as it was around 9 am before she went back in, but she did go in finally and I had the dad bring her home again, directly to the attic. Well apparently she was not stuck, she just won't come out at her own house or yard - at least not in my game.

Well it's been annoying me to no end - apparently I am not alone - hehe, so tonight I decided to start another game in the town and this time I started with that couple where the lady is way older than her boy friend - the athlete - Kat and Bud . I notice in this game it shows Ms. Riddle is one of Buds teammates - which is superweird as he is like I said in the Atletic career. I have just played this couple for about the same number of sims days I played the Curious family my first game. (I went to Ms. Riddle second, but I wanted to see what it says when I go into playing her tommorow night. I also plan to add roommates for her this time as well as the first time., but different sims. Wonder if she will live even longer being an athlete?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2010
    Wow, Writing_Reg that's really strange, Riddle was skilled in writing to lvl5 when I popped in on her, I had started a new game to check on her, maybe that has some bearing on her skill lvl?

I have a feeling the family trees are glitched as Riddle has no family tree at all which can't be intentional considering the urn's existence, I don't think this mystery can be solved until the family trees exist.

My current thinking is that Riddle's mother is in the attic, but that she doesn't have a father, although her mother did have a boyfriend, I reckon Riddle's step-dad was an inventor, and Miss. Riddle is a time machine child.

It would fit with the new features of relationships in family trees for non-married couples, and with the time machine function of adding family members.

Maybe if you stick Riddle in a time machine you'll get another clue, EA may have set it up so that if you make her visit the past, a special pop-up will appear?? :?

I may be reading too much into this now...
  • LaMambaNegraLaMambaNegra Posts: 57 New Member
    edited June 2010
    To be honest, the pun-filled names in Twinbrook are starting to get on my nerves a little bit. For example, a little girl game and dropped off the newspaper. Her name? "Dee Liver."

-.-
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Now that is a thought that never came to mind, but may in fact be the answer. Brillant.

The one thought you did have that I had also was that sim in the attic is her mother, especially seeing it seems that childs bedroom is her bedroom.

I'm real interested in seeing what her skills and everything comes up this time. She is the Riddle herself - I swear. I know in the previous two towns I have restarted hoods and played the same characters and I don't recall any of them changing at random from player to player and with each new start. I have seen occupations change in retired sims, but not skills and other things. Maybe Ms. Riddle is our new Bella type mystery seeing we have Bella. How appropiate to name her Riddle. hehe.

But yes, I must see what the time machine reveals.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2010
    Ok, after giving my theory above, I decided to test it out for myself.

I made a new game and chose Riddle, she was the same as last time, (I got the PI career track wrong, it's Journalism) - lvl 5 writing skill; lvl 2 logic; lvl 4 charisma. She is enemies with Scout and Bobby Sargeant and Wei Keane, and best friends with Justin Kayes. In my game, she did sleep in the child's bed as well.

So, I went to the store bought a time machine, and used it. I also mourned Di. L. Emma's grave and then moved it onto the counter on the left side in the dining room. After making her write a few books over the course of 2 sim weeks, and just 1 sim day after moving the urn, Di. L. Emmas' ghost emerged, so I made them good friends and had them woohoo in the past, twice.

The next day the science opportunity to bring an urn and add a playable ghost to the household popped up, so I took Young Di. L. along. I then made Di. L. (now a playable ghost) enter the time machine and go to the past. I got the following pop up:

"Di. L. Emma went back to see how they became a ghost, but accidentally changed the events so they never became one! Di. L. Emma is now alive again!" :shock:!

PS She is also green :lol:

I have decided that the Riddle girls were lesbians, and that's why Di. L. was in the attic, she was a dirty little secret that the 3 homophobic neighbours never forgave Ms. Riddle for. Now they're reunited, maybe they will start sleeping in the double bed as a couple, (Riddle mourned the loss of her lover and couldn't bear to use their bed at night, so slept in the child's bed instead).
  • GigidawnGigidawn Posts: 898 Member
    edited June 2010
    I know there is believe that Di. L. Riddle is the mother of Anna Lisa, but if you look at Di. L.'s clothing in cas.. it's more of a medieval period clothing, don't you think? So wouldn't that make her a more distant relative?

** also.. if you look at Anna's mortal enemies professions.. they are all on some type of law enforcement career path... interesting.
  • MissJennaKateMissJennaKate Posts: 10,778 New Member
    edited June 2010
    nice observation :)
  • FrusturatedUserFrusturatedUser Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2010
    Vongy wrote:
    Lang Gwydd

He he, Lang Gwydd. Languid.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top