Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SERIOUS HIDDEN AND CORRUPT CC in your Game, (Without you knowing it) AND a Solution!!!

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2010
    it depends. If ya got the fixed version it should be fine. If ya didn't, then follow the steps Magician posted, and it should explain everything.
  • MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ainsleigh wrote:
    I have a question;;
    I have the doll in my game, so should I uninstall all my custom content?
    Does the doll cause computers and games to crash?

Thank you

See Page 1. There is a link to a cleaner program and a tutorial by GlitzyAngle. Follow those instructions.

MerryWiddow
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hi folks

I'm glad to see so many Posts but SAD more because that means many people have this Issue.

To those who lost or had to delete Items , Specially featured Items, I feel your loss as I too have to Delete some Items and Featured Items.

The siggy: Can it be made that it goes to this Link http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/214851.page#2622818 , then people just click it and get to the Solution on the first Page?

I will post in the OP about the 'Closing the Program after finding infected Item'.

Thank you all and Good luck.

• x3Carlix3Carli Posts: 760 New Member
    edited June 2010
    ARG. I was wondering what the heck that stupid doll was in my game.. I've only downloaded a few homes for whom I thought were trusted people.

I have no issues with my game -knock on wood-, but I'll get around to checking whenever I have time.. I have ~300 sims3packs installed.. So it will take awhile to check those. Not to mention the other 700 package files I have :(.

Thank you for the information though!
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2010
    First I would like to thank Magician and glitzyangel,

This is extremely helpful. I would have been fully unaware without you guys posting this. Although I didn't have much in my studio now I'm left to almost nothing, because of this doll, but I rather get rid of the bad and bring in good to share with others.
    edited June 2010
    I found my culprit thankfully. I am sad to report, as I thought, that it was a very trusted and talented house creator.

The file is: "Coastal Living by Allure" it was a flip by Evergreen226, so it is possible that Evergreen passed along that horrid doll to Allure, or that Allure had it already.
    edited June 2010
    x3Carli wrote:
    I found my culprit thankfully. I am sad to report, as I thought, that it was a very trusted and talented house creator.

The file is: "Coastal Living by Allure" it was a flip by Evergreen226, so it is possible that Evergreen passed along that horrid doll to Allure, or that Allure had it already.

It could have come from anywhere Carli. Don't blame Allure or Evergreen226. They probably didn't even know they had it. They are probably in the same boat as you.

MerryWiddow
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited June 2010
    @magician1 (or anyone who knows),

My sister also has the doll in her game. She is not experiencing any problems and doesn't want to delete it because she thinks she has the newer/fixed version of it. The bad file is as follows:
    0x038a68fe04da61a6aa65f939d77fbc37.package

Does the the new/fixed file share the same name or is it different? This is the file she has in her game. If the new/good file has a different name (thus proving that she has the bad/corrupted file) this might convince her to take it out.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
    edited June 2010
    x3Carli wrote:

It could have come from anywhere Carli. Don't blame Allure or Evergreen226. They probably didn't even know they had it. They are probably in the same boat as you.

MerryWiddow

I wasn't blaming her? Thanks for jumping on me though. I simply said that it was either Evergreen who passed it to Allure, or Allure already had it from elsewhere. I did not blame them. I only said that it was in her file. I thought I was being nice for warning people about the file. Because if it is in one of their uploads, what's to say it isn't in many more of them because who is to say when they got the borked custom doll?

But I guess that's where being nice and warning people gets me now a days <__<.
    edited June 2010
    x3Carli wrote:
    x3Carli wrote:

MerryWiddow

I wasn't blaming her? Thanks for jumping on me though ;). I simply said that it was either Evergreen who passed it to Allure, or Allure already had it from elsewhere. I did not blame them. I only said that it was in her file. I thought I was being nice for warning people about the file.

But I guess that's where being nice and warning people gets me now a days <__<.

I apologize for misunderstanding you.

MerryWiddow
    edited June 2010
    x3Carli wrote:
    x3Carli wrote:

MerryWiddow

I wasn't blaming her? Thanks for jumping on me though ;). I simply said that it was either Evergreen who passed it to Allure, or Allure already had it from elsewhere. I did not blame them. I only said that it was in her file. I thought I was being nice for warning people about the file.

But I guess that's where being nice and warning people gets me now a days
    <__<.

I apologize for misunderstanding you.

MerryWiddow

It's okay, I should have been more clear about what I was saying.. and a little less angry cause of having to wash lots of dishes from my grad party :p.
    edited June 2010
    Darkling wrote:

My sister also has the doll in her game. She is not experiencing any problems and doesn't want to delete it because she thinks she has the newer/fixed version of it. The bad file is as follows:

Does the the new/fixed file share the same name or is it different? This is the file she has in her game. If the new/good file has a different name (thus proving that she has the bad/corrupted file) this might convince her to take it out.

The bad one is listed in an earlier post. It looks the same to me. I copied and pasted it here.

I suggest she search and remove this file and download the fixed doll if she still wants it.

MerryWiddow
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited June 2010
    @MerryWiddow,

That's what I thought as well. Thanks. Now all I have to do is convince her to take it out...she can be stubborn like me when she wants. It's a family trait!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • WindriderWindrider Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2010
    This is like an old fashioned case of Mono. Who's been kissing Whom.

I found it in a DL from the exchange. Didn't even try to fix it. Bit bucket the file went.

Still have over 2100 more to check....

sigh. Going to be a long week.
  • EukaEuka Posts: 192 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Windrider wrote:

I found it in a DL from the exchange. Didn't even try to fix it. Bit bucket the file went.

I understand your woe. I took the easy way out and reinstalled my game. Downloaded every single item in my studio, had them all checked for the doll and removed them.
  • Teeheehee321Teeheehee321 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Actually just yesterday I had to uninstall and reinstall my game because I went download crazy. But I have a mac...and after reinstalling my computer's fine...so I don't know what happened then! :?
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited June 2010
    I want to thank all that have been Pro Active with this problem.

I also want to thank the Person that gave me a Gift. You know who you are and I really appreciate it.

Let's kill this Doll from the Exchange.
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Windrider wrote:

I didn't have that many but going through 2 gb worth of stuff is so brutally mind numbing but not in a good way. But thankfully it is now gone. I'm just a little nervous to play my towns that I have set up for my stories now. But I'll have to get over that since I have an update that is itchin' to get posted.
  • WindriderWindrider Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2010
    I actually have an easier way than scanning each file.

My archive is broken down alphabeticly.
    I just load one letter group at a time. If it is clean, I dump them and load next.
    If one group comes up hot, I go down to sets of 10 until I get a hit then break it down further. Had a heck of a time tracking down Shymoo, but that is how I did it.

Good luck out there.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited June 2010
    A quick thank you for the 'head's up'. Off to read the 8 pages your 'caution' post generated!

Thanks again. :)
  • NICO4NICO4 Posts: 2,260 Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so much!

I'll delete this when I get back home :D You've probably saved my games life!!
  • glitzyangelglitzyangel Posts: 1,100 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I made a siggy and will replace mine for the time being, I will post this on the other thread as well with the link. Here is a pic:

Screenshot-2-3-1-3-1.png

Thank you LadyEmillye for making this siggy :) I replaced my siggy too
    edited June 2010
    x3Carli wrote:
    ARG. I was wondering what the heck that stupid doll was in my game.. I've only downloaded a few homes for whom I thought were trusted people.

I have no issues with my game -knock on wood-, but I'll get around to checking whenever I have time.. I have ~300 sims3packs installed.. So it will take awhile to check those. Not to mention the other 700 package files I have :(.

Thank you for the information though!
    X3Carli with Custard you need to check only sims3packs. And the doll is only attaching to sims3packs.
    But if you want to check if your packages are not corrupted I recommend using Dasbhoard tool from Delphy (modthesims) This will check all files in 1 time not one by one like Custard do
    http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=387006
    edited June 2010
    Darkling wrote:

Darkling I don't know about names of the file of the both dolls. But this new fixed version is still on tsr. She can remove version that she have to be 100% sure and and download new one
    edited June 2010
    Windrider wrote:
    I actually have an easier way than scanning each file.

My archive is broken down alphabeticly.
    I just load one letter group at a time. If it is clean, I dump them and load next.
    If one group comes up hot, I go down to sets of 10 until I get a hit then break it down further. Had a heck of a time tracking down Shymoo, but that is how I did it.

Good luck out there.
    That is very good tip Windrider.To group sims3packs in downloads folder by date. And check from the new to last added file.