Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Months Later and we still have the bald head problem?

simfanxxsimfanxx Posts: 53 New Member
Months after EA broke custom hairs with patches there still is not fix, and worse of all it has gotten worse. With the addition of Ambitions the bald head bug is also linked to numerous accessorize also not showing up in game. When are you EA guys gonna fix this so our games can actually be functional again?

Comments

• Options
    BiggiesmallsBiggiesmalls Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thats odd, I have ambitions and no problem with heads. on my pc when i made a sim larger it would cut the body parts away so it looked as if it was floating.
  • Options
    lolfailz94lolfailz94 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I find that weird too, seeing as I play Sims 3 WA on a Mac and haven't had the heads problem for a couple months now.
  • Options
    LDoCampoLDoCampo Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have it every once and a while with Ambitions. The head has hair then I zoom in too close and the head is bald and it's bald for a while then magically the hair is back.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    This problem occurs with hair that i have downloaded only, not hair that cam with the game. I think this bug is a Mac only one. On start up of the game, if the sim is bald, they will remain bald.
  • Options
    lorinlishlorinlish Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2010
    It DOES affect everyone, as far as I can tell. If you're not having this problem, chances are you either don't use custom hair or you aren't using a mac. I don't think EA is going to fix it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If they don't plan on fixing it, than I think I will stop buying Sims games. I don't feel I can play without my custom hairs.... and this issue happens what seems to be 6 out of 8 times.

Does anybody know of any temporary fixes?
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited June 2010
    If you obtained the custom hair from a third party, you will want to see if they have released updates to support our updated framework.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you obtained the custom hair from a third party, you will want to see if they have released updates to support our updated framework.

SimGuruBrent , this even occurs with hair that was installed from sims3packs
    this is a KNOWN problem that occurs on macs. Has EA began to look in to it yet?
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited June 2010
    simfanxx wrote:

Are these hair styles which you have downloaded from the exchange? If so, it is possible that they contain modified content.
  • Options
    sourlysweetsourlysweet Posts: 1,903 New Member
    edited June 2010
    simfanxx wrote:

Are these hair styles which you have downloaded from the exchange? If so, it is possible that they contain modified content.

simguru...

almost all simmers that use a mac have problems with ALL third party custom hair. weather its from the exchange or modthesims or thesimsresorce they ALL dont work and no one has any answers as to how to fix it!
  • Options
    lorinlishlorinlish Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2010
    SimGuru,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this problem. There is another, longer thread documenting the history and details of this bug here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/80031.page
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited June 2010
    I've given up on the CC hair, except for alterations on hair in the base game. I found some adult hair converted into child/toddler hair. There are also some new hair in Ambitions that are quite nice.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yes, hair converted from Sims 3 meshes works fine on my Mac, too. It's hair that is converted from Sims 2, or new meshes, that don't work.
    I think the blame lies with the tool that the creators use - it doesn't play nice with the Mac.
  • Options
    firekitty500firekitty500 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited June 2010
    O_o where do you guys get that hair?
  • Options
    ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited June 2010
    I found mine on TSR, but I'm sure other sites have them too.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com