Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No skill books in the library?

I can't have my sims build skills in the Twinbrook library! How do I get skill books in those book cases???

I can read to my kids, but older sims aren't able to learn skills from books unless I buy them from the book store - which is hard to do when a sim is first starting out.

Help?

Comments

• HirakuNoNihonHirakuNoNihon Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I do notice that some bookcases contain novels while others (E.g: The fancy glass one) contain skilling books, try placing different bookcases in the town library and see how they go.
  • butterfly61butterfly61 Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited June 2010
    I noticed that too, I was going to try to go to edit town and see if I could add my own.
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yup, I put the proper bookcase in the library with "Edit Town". It appears that the development team forgot to put the right bookcases in there-or maybe it was a challenge for the players. Remember how in TS1 and 2 there was often something that needed fixing in community lots?
  • two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member
    edited June 2010
    I just uploaded a fixed library, and added some other things I wanted, like fishing books to one downstairs bookcase, and all WA books except recipes.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2468436

The regular skill books are in the upstairs glass bookcase.

The WA books are in separate bookcases by country. I put incense burners between these bookcases so they'd be easy to find.

The fishing books are in the other downstairs room. If your sim has no fishing skill, he/she won't be able to read anything in that bookcase.

Hope this saves someone else some time.
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2010
    go into edit town to edit the library. add those bookcases that have the glass sides and shelves; those are the skill bookcases.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited June 2010
    There is another one that has the skilling books - but I don't know what it's called. It has no sides or top, with a piece of wood up the back and shelves attached to it. I added that to the library and everything works fine.
  • SimbologistSimbologist Posts: 5,287 New Member
    edited June 2010
    To have skill books in the Library; edit it and add either ‘The Book Corral' or the 'Penningway Bookshelf'. Both of these shelves will have the skill books available for your Sims to use.
  • Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2010
    Awesome! Thanks for all the great suggestions!