Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simbots!

Ok, It took along time but I finally made s Simbot!

Anyways, I created a Female in the Oportunity where you can't choose gender and it's all shiney and has red lipstick on her "moth/jaw"

It's cool and all but I really want to recoler her and any future Simbots I have because I have a shiney house and she blends in real well and I sometimes "lose" her.

Anyone have any interesting stories about Simbots also?

Comments

• Options
    Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    How do you create the simbot? I have a sim who's an inventor, in "level" 8. If it's that phone call you'll get, I already got it.
    I delivered the two first things, but I found the Pink Diamant I just can't make it heart shaped! Only Oval shaped and emeral shaped.
  • Options
    TheCreator13TheCreator13 Posts: 57
    edited June 2010
    You really should get to level 10 before attempting a Simbot.

To get a Heart Shape Cut for your Pink Diamond, You need to collect a total of 10 other gems before you unlock it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok. Thank you so much! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I got enough Pallidum and Pink Diamonds in the shape of a Heart.

Going off to make my second Simbot!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Sounds good. I just can't wait till I can create one! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I finished my 2nd Simbot (Male) and now am working on my 3rd.

He came out with a murkey, mossey, gunk sorta blue metal color and it's really sorta ugly, Can somone tell me how to recolor him soon?
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited June 2010

So far, the message I get when I try to recolor SimBots is...

"Occult sims cannot receive makeovers"

• Options
    JonathanC3894JonathanC3894 Posts: 21
    edited June 2010
    How do you make one at all!?! I have an inventor and she is level 10, a registered self employed inventor and in her skill journal it says she has 100% inventions discovered! I have everything! The driller, the time-machine(which I found a little dissapointing!) So how do you get one. (ps it's Jamie Jolina)
  • Options
    EliteBakerEliteBaker Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2010
    At some point you'll receive a Master Iventor series of Opportunities to be able to create simbots.

You'll need to have:
    1x Palladium
    10x Life fruit
    1x Pink Diamond heart gem (for Heart shape you need to collect 10 different types of gems)
    100x Scrap

After completing this opportunity, you'll be able to make Simbots but you'll need the above ingredients to make one again.

Hope that helps.

I'm still wondering if Simbots can die from old age as mine has a full bar of life remaining. :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Actualy, You only need 1 Pallidum.

I made a 3rd Simbot and came out the same color as the 2nd.

Blue murkey mossy ickey color.

I need a recolor soon.

And what the heck does it mean by "Occult Sims"?
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2010
    After visiting several other sites, I found a way of recolouring Simbots that works brilliantly - but it's by using a third-party non-core mod; I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give links to such things on this forum though...
  • Options
    IrelandAmyIrelandAmy Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I <3 simbots!
    I got 1 though the oppertunity/lifetime points. It does all the cleaning in the hous! So i fired my maid, saving £100 a day. Plus it workd at night as a ghosthunter. Well worth it!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Now I have 10 different type of gems, but I still can't make the Pink Diamond heart shaped :(
    What am I doing wrong?
  • Options
    edited June 2010

You have to "climb the ladder" when it comes to gem cuts. Doing it in levels.

Best to just collect as many raw common gems as possible, like blue topaz or smokey quartz. Start by doing emerald cut. Each cut needs to be done at least twice, before the next level is unlocked. Every time you get to the next level, cut a couple of different types. There are eight common gem cuts- emerald, oval, pear, plumbob, marquis, crystal ball, brilliant, heart. The heart cut is usually unlocked before the brilliant, it costs 1,000 simoleons to get it cut.

If you are lucky enough to find the pink diamond, save it for when the heart cut is unlocked.

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Ok, So I made all 4 Simbots.

But the two that had the really ickey color were getting rude and obnocious and I just let them move on my cauing the Age Trigger.

My cover is that there was faulty irepairable wiering.

Anyways, I'm off to get the shiney Bots all skilled up.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    XOX1 wrote:

Best to just collect as many raw common gems as possible, like blue topaz or smokey quartz. Start by doing emerald cut. Each cut needs to be done at least twice, before the next level is unlocked. Every time you get to the next level, cut a couple of different types. There are eight common gem cuts- emerald, oval, pear, plumbob, marquis, crystal ball, brilliant, heart. The heart cut is usually unlocked before the brilliant, it costs 1,000 simoleons to get it cut.

If you are lucky enough to find the pink diamond, save it for when the heart cut is unlocked.

I do got the Pink Diamond, but what do you mean when you say I have to "Climb the Ladder"? And do I have to cut all of my gems (except the Pink Diamond of course) into emrald? And 1 into brilliant or..? I don't quite understand what I have to do to get the Pink Diamond cut into a heart shape.
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Send in 2 different raw gems to be cut in the highest cut available. Then send in 2 more once a higher cut is unlocked and available, in that cut. Keep repeating this procedure until the heart cut is unlocked. Then send in the pink diamond to be heart cut.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ahh, now I understand! Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited June 2010
    UGH! Forum maintance error again.

Sorry for the double post.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited June 2010
    XOX1 wrote:

You get the Heart cut for completing the gem collecting challenge, it used to be that you needed to collect one of each gem but now it's a certain number of them (since the expansions have added more, at least WA anyway). I think the original poster was right:
    To get a Heart Shape Cut for your Pink Diamond, You need to collect a total of 10 other gems before you unlock it.

So if you only ever collect the same type of gem (say Emeralds) and cut them then you'll never get the Heart cut. You can track your progress towards the challenge in the "Collecting" section of the Skill Journal (press "J" or click on the icon next to a skill).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do have to keep doing different cuts too? Or is it just collect 10 different gems?

I have a simbot, but that is because my elder sim had tons of lifetime reward points.
  • Options
    WitchDigitalSimWitchDigitalSim Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Enjoji101 wrote:
    After visiting several other sites, I found a way of recolouring Simbots that works brilliantly - but it's by using a third-party non-core mod; I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give links to such things on this forum though...

I would love to know where to get that mod, Can you type the name of the site, You don't have to post a link if you can't, I am not sure if it's allowed to post a link, But you should be able to type the name of the site so we know where to look. I have searched and searched and can't find a mod or any other way to recolor sim bots :(. The name of the site would be so much appreciated. Thank you. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There is a hack, but it is not working properly. It caused the consignment shop to stop working and fires to not be put out.

The hack maker took down the hack and is trying to fix it. Once it is working, I will post about it.

As you can see by my avatar, I did try it out. But I had to remove the hack from my game because of the bugs.

You can't give a link to the site though. It has several "Adult" type hacks. So the mods will ban for posting the link.
  • Options
    AnimastarAnimastar Posts: 342 Member
    edited June 2010
    I got a simbot through the lifetime reward. He ended up breaking the computer... then he started mourning the broken computer o_O
  • Options
    WitchDigitalSimWitchDigitalSim Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2010
    piddlesim wrote:
    There is a hack, but it is not working properly. It caused the consignment shop to stop working and fires to not be put out.

The hack maker took down the hack and is trying to fix it. Once it is working, I will post about it.

As you can see by my avatar, I did try it out. But I had to remove the hack from my game because of the bugs.

You can't give a link to the site though. It has several "Adult" type hacks. So the mods will ban for posting the link.

Ok thanks for the info, Hopefully somehow you can tell us where to get it, I know you said its adult, But I have looked and looked for it, After its fixed and uploaded again it should come up in a Internet search.