Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simbot....disappointed!

So went through a lot to try and get that eye sparkling lifestate: SimBot

So yeah turns out that its basically like a normal sim except u dont need to shower, whats so good about that??

Okay yeah thumbs up for the being able to "smash" things.

But COME ON EA! Their isnt even some sort of supernatural effect they have!
its just another controllable sim, that wants a job and have pretty much all the basic needs apart from hygiene to be taken care of. Its so much to take care of a sim already, we dont need another life state to take care of in that detail!

I preferred in the first sims how the servo were to clean the house and SERVE the family like a mini robotic butler kinda thing, i liked that, maybe it would of been better if the simbot was that! We dont need another sim with a robotic look, that cant really do anything robotic, that NEEDS sleep or to be taken care of.

Woulda been a lot better if there was some sot of machine the simbot goes back to for "charging" and comes out again similar to the first sims.

So disappointed in the simbot :/..lke ive extremely! apart from falling in love with appliances and "smash"ing things up, they are pretty much juts the same as any old sim u make with a robot appearance!

thoughts people??

if im missing any cool things u can do with the simbot, by all means, enlighten mee!

Comments

• Options
    TheCreator13TheCreator13 Posts: 57
    edited June 2010
    How about...

...THEY DON'T AGE!!!!!!!

They may rust and die but If you keep them in good shape, tehy'll be great for Legasy families.
  • Options
    RowlesarRowlesar Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2010
    They do age. They can die from old age.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited June 2010
    thanks for the update. I was thinking about getting one, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    How do you even make the Simbot? I'ved got a lot of help in here, and I have a sim who's an inventor in level 8, she did get the phone call and now she needs to deliver the Pink heart shaped Diamond. A lot of people in there says that I need to have 10 diffenret kinds of gem + the Pink Diamond to make it heart shaped, but I already have both 10 deffenret kinds of gem and the pink diamond, but I still can't make it heart shaped! :(

Does anybody know what I can do?
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2010
    How do you even make the Simbot? I'ved got a lot of help in here, and I have a sim who's an inventor in level 8, she did get the phone call and now she needs to deliver the Pink heart shaped Diamond. A lot of people in there says that I need to have 10 diffenret kinds of gem + the Pink Diamond to make it heart shaped, but I already have both 10 deffenret kinds of gem and the pink diamond, but I still can't make it heart shaped! :(

so far I found 2 way to get a Sim bot,you can add the my best friend "lifetime reward" or do the inventor career, is not ten different gems that's for making a pink skull, it's 1 pink gem cut in a heart shape ,once you start the inventor career a opportunity will pop up it's very easy to do ..
  • Options
    WintyrWintyr Posts: 241 Member
    edited June 2010

I think you might need to be lvl 10 inventor and from what i've heard you need to send gems out in the mail to get the heart shape to be available...not really sure because i thought i collected over 10 different gems but the collection skill didnt confirm that so i'm really actually depressed i want the heart-shaped one and he collected hundreds of gems and can do like 6 or 7 different cuts but not the heart shaped. wow the more i type the sadder i get :cry:
  • Options
    Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if it's a bug then, but I do got the Pink gem. The problem is that I can only cut it into oval shape and emarald shape, not heart shape.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited June 2010
    I don't know if it's a bug then, but I do got the Pink gem. The problem is that I can only cut it into oval shape and emarald shape, not heart shape.

You must first find 10 different gems. Then the Heart-Shaped will become an option when you send it to the gemcutters.
  • Options
    LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited June 2010

what I did was ,I've collected ,ten of the same gem color and cut it all different shapes,sample: I collected 10 yellow gems and cut the yellow gem in different shapes,wash and repeat to all gem colors, to the Pink Diamond heart shape showed up
  • Options
    MissJennaKateMissJennaKate Posts: 10,778 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I bought one with my lifetime rewards but ended up getting her married and moving out.. it was pretty boring and I would rather spend my attention on my family and not the bot
  • Options
    UnlivingNewtUnlivingNewt Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    One interesting thing about the Simbot that I noticed (and haven't seen anyone mention elsewhere) is that if you get them to short out (either by getting them wet or letting their energy bar drain all the way) another sim (who probably needs a certain level of Handiness) can "Reprogram" the simbot and change their traits for free.
  • Options
    kirajmpkirajmp Posts: 385 Member
    edited June 2010
    Just a note - there seems to be a glitch where if you find the 10 different gems with your miner tool, they don't count toward the 10 you need to get the heart cut.

So perhaps try to find 10 more the hard way, and you will get your heart cut, although some people have reported that if they find any gems at all with the miner, it permanently prevented them from getting the heart cut.
  • Options
    SarahPumkinSarahPumkin Posts: 304 Member
    edited June 2010
    where do you find the pink diamond?
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I like the simbot. I think EA did good on its design and everything else about it. I would like to know though if anybody has had a simbot "die" yet.
  • Options
    JTBSimsJTBSims Posts: 60
    edited June 2010
    My sim was making the simbot and she scraped it randomly. I don't know what to do. I think alot of the ambition careers are buggy.
    I had trouble with the Firefighter and Stylist careers. in the Firefighter, he would never get credit for saving sims and putting out fires. and in the stylist career, I would do every single thing the customer asked for and not get credit.
    This simbot thing is bugging me though, my sim wants to be a monster maker, and I went through all of the trouble to find all of the ingrediants for it.
    what should I do?
    do I have to wait for the opprotunity and start over?
    any help would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2010
    I think they are kind of cool but they could have been better. I don't like that they have to pee and sleep. I mean, they don't call it peeing for the simbots but that's what it is, they should have made them dispose of waste in some other.. more robot like way. And to refill their energy meter they should have to plug into a wall outlet or something.
  • Options
    Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited June 2010
    I loved servo and was hoping it was similar. i dont want to take care of the robot like a sim, defeats the purpose of having it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2010
    I had no interest in them at all at first, until I started modding them.
    Now I like them, but they do make for poor servants. I think EA was going for handy companions.

I had expected a lot of customization, functionally and aesthetically, this time around. I am disappointed in that area.

Also, no off switch, no recharging, limited lifespan and they become ghosts? They were never alive unless the science lab is using souls of sims inside those cores. There is also no risk to owning them. Servos could run amok and be a danger to their owners. I think it would be fun if the Simbots could turn rogue if they were not maintained well. Have them run off and attack sims around the neighborhood.

I just don't think they live up to their potential.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HippieMama2HippieMama2 Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2010
    I was also disappointed. I was hoping to have a robot to do odd jobs around the house. My simbot came with the firefighter lifetime wish. I can't have another hands on career in the house.
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2010
    I like the simbot. I think EA did good on its design and everything else about it. I would like to know though if anybody has had a simbot "die" yet.
    i dont see anything wrong with the sims bots i like theam i think EA did a good job on theam :mrgreen:
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2010
    Smiling4Me wrote:
    So went through a lot to try and get that eye sparkling lifestate: SimBot

So yeah turns out that its basically like a normal sim except u dont need to shower, whats so good about that??

Okay yeah thumbs up for the being able to "smash" things.

But COME ON EA! Their isnt even some sort of supernatural effect they have!
    its just another controllable sim, that wants a job and have pretty much all the basic needs apart from hygiene to be taken care of. Its so much to take care of a sim already, we dont need another life state to take care of in that detail!

I preferred in the first sims how the servo were to clean the house and SERVE the family like a mini robotic butler kinda thing, i liked that, maybe it would of been better if the simbot was that! We dont need another sim with a robotic look, that cant really do anything robotic, that NEEDS sleep or to be taken care of.

Woulda been a lot better if there was some sot of machine the simbot goes back to for "charging" and comes out again similar to the first sims.

So disappointed in the simbot :/..lke ive extremely! apart from falling in love with appliances and "smash"ing things up, they are pretty much juts the same as any old sim u make with a robot appearance!

thoughts people??

if im missing any cool things u can do with the simbot, by all means, enlighten mee!

i agree with you about they should have made it more into a servo then a human that as to sleep etc, it took my sim ages to find a pink diamond ages to grow life fruits etc to actually make a simbot and i honestly don't think doing all that for what a simbot does is worth the hazzle. As i have read all simbots are elders so they all have same life span so its just easier to get a my best friend it stead of creating one, yes i read allso you can create more if you invent it. but then you got to go though finding again plus why would i want another adult to take care of.i want a robot that helps out my family cooks if the don't cook etc i loved the servo in sims 2.

i am not saying EA's didn't do a good job on them its just not a simbot i was exspecting i would have liked it to be more robotic charge etc and voice comands
  • Options
    Sherio88Sherio88 Posts: 1,236 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Sandy0038 wrote:
    I loved servo and was hoping it was similar. i dont want to take care of the robot like a sim, defeats the purpose of having it.

I hear ya! I got my best friend and when he arrived with needs bars that had to be filled I was very downtrodden. y the heck does a robot need to eat and sleep?? cant I just put him on the charger? and as I dont think he should have to eat, y does he have waste??? my cellphone doesnt need to undergo waste removal, niether should my robot.

was a big waste of time and Life happiness reward points
  • Options
    Cndy20009Cndy20009 Posts: 434 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm waiting until I have more room in my household and until I have a Sim with level 10 Inventing Skill.

Then I can have her build the better SimBot.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2010
    I like my Simbot very much! In fact, my Simbot got a Simbot with his lifetime happiness points. I just had them take a shower so they short out. Then I reprogram them with traits that are great to help around the house. My Simbots do most of the work around the house without me prompting them to do it and they take care of all the kids I keep getting from traveling through time. If you take just a little time to work on a few skills for them, they really do a great job in the home.
  • Options
    Ryan_GalenRyan_Galen Posts: 18
    edited June 2010
    I like several things about the Sim Bot... most things really; there are a few glitches like them getting the wish to be more muscular, but otherwise they're good. Just have two problems.

They're slow. I know there has to be some trade off for the jet boots, but it can be a pain.

The other thing are the "It's a Sim Bot" emote. Ok once or twice, but there has to be a point where you just get used to the things. Having Sims break action just to emote is annoying... have them due it multiple times in five minutes is frustrating. Not to mention it breaks character with my Sim Bot Ghostbuster to have the natives more freaked out at the Sim Bot than the Ghosts. Only benefit is it makes it easy to eyeball the brave Sims.