Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Ambitions GLITCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    itsgrimitsgrim Posts: 327
    edited June 2010
    To add another glitch to the previous one. Not sure I've seen this one, but memory doesn't quite serve well and I figure if multiple people report one thing it doesn't really matter.

I was just playing and the family I was playing has twin boys (toddlers) and the mother was teaching one to talk. She finished teaching him to talk and the popup came up saying "Draco has learned to talk! Next step... getting him to stop talking" or whatever it says and so I was ready for her to start teaching him how to walk (next in her queue) but she and the toddler just sat there. I tried everything I could think of to get either of them to move but couldn't and so I had to exit my game.
  • Options
    JRon7667JRon7667 Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2010
    I have the same problem, and yes, Organoidnova, they did send two emails -one confirming my purchase, another telling me that it was available for download... and nowhere on either are there directions or Info on how to access. I even had Simguru-Ryujin look at it. Not there anywhere. And it wll be a week tomorrow since I downloaded it.
    rothn wrote:
    I can't register my Digital Download of Sims 3 Ambitions from "My Page" (I tried yesterday". I can't get EA Downloader to give me my serial number, and it doesn't require me to when I install it, but registration does.
    They sent you an email when you ordered, it has the information on how to access it.
    I had this same problem but it corrected itself when i clicked the download now to EADM button on my order page.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2010
    A couple of things off the top of my head...this one is silly, but the grid won't turn off in buy or build modes. Really annoying because I find it distracting and prefer to have it off.

Is that a glitch then? I didn't know there was supposed to be a way to turn it off, I would love to be able to do that.

I had another glitch last night: Firefighter sim went into Criminal headquarters to handle a disaster but the task was never counted as completed even when I did it multiple times.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2010
    Double post. Stupid forum.
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited June 2010
    i keep getting error 15 again just like after WA was released only this time there's no way around it. if i try to save and change the name or add an additional letter or a number to the game name it still won't save. also noticed that this time when i get this that a member of my family who's not in my active household has become glitched and corrupt. their head looks half mummy and half sim in a weird glitched way. i used testing cheats and invited her over three times and each time i advanced her age 'till she died... still couldn't save though. even did the resetSim cheat on her and it didn't help either.

I'm also having problems when i change active households. after i move my household from one house to another or just switch households, i get as far as that window where you click that button in it's bottom right corner to play household and nothing happens. both that button and back button on the left of that small window are no longer selectable but the households map tag is green. the only way to play that household is to keep saving and eventually it will show the active user interface and i can finally play!

anyone else having these specific problems? if these have already been listed here i apologize.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    itsgrim wrote:
    To add another glitch to the previous one. Not sure I've seen this one, but memory doesn't quite serve well and I figure if multiple people report one thing it doesn't really matter.

I was just playing and the family I was playing has twin boys (toddlers) and the mother was teaching one to talk. She finished teaching him to talk and the popup came up saying "Draco has learned to talk! Next step... getting him to stop talking" or whatever it says and so I was ready for her to start teaching him how to walk (next in her queue) but she and the toddler just sat there. I tried everything I could think of to get either of them to move but couldn't and so I had to exit my game.
    same problem but fixed with resetSim cheat. example: resetSim mortimer goth
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2010
    I know somebody mentioned this previously, but I figured I'd do a whole 'this is happening to me too' thing.

My sims recently had a baby. It aged up to toddler. During it's whole babyhood it gained nothing on the relationship meter with it's parents. Neither did the parents gain any relationship with the baby. Now it's a toddler and it's still not gaining relationship with it's parents and vice versa.

Not seen it mentioned and it may be nothing to do with Ambitions so much as something I've never experienced before but I took my original sim couple to China. For some reason one of them came back with some ice cream in his inventory. On returning to Twinbrook, it told me that the food had gone off. I threw it out. Now my sim has a disgusted moodlet picture stuck there.
  • Options
    Kyoru4Kyoru4 Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    So far I've only experienced a minor glitch, but I haven't seen anyone else report it.
    While I was playing I noticed that all bodies of water were white. The phenom was extended to all cities and to the travel locations.
    I tried changing the graphic settings and the problem seemed to be solved.
    Later though it reappeared with a new glitch: the sunlight illumination did not change after 5 am.
    Somehow editing one of the vacation spots seems to solve the problem temporarly, but it keeps coming up. Besides, even when everything seems fixed, some of the ponds under the fog always look white, but maybe that's normal.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have no mods. I took some screenshot of the glitches here http://gb.thesims3.com/myMedia.html?action=default&persona=Kyoru4
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Arletta wrote:
    I know somebody mentioned this previously, but I figured I'd do a whole 'this is happening to me too' thing.

My sims recently had a baby. It aged up to toddler. During it's whole babyhood it gained nothing on the relationship meter with it's parents. Neither did the parents gain any relationship with the baby. Now it's a toddler and it's still not gaining relationship with it's parents and vice versa.

Not seen it mentioned and it may be nothing to do with Ambitions so much as something I've never experienced before but I took my original sim couple to China. For some reason one of them came back with some ice cream in his inventory. On returning to Twinbrook, it told me that the food had gone off. I threw it out. Now my sim has a disgusted moodlet picture stuck there.

i don't understand why EA can't fix these problems and this site! ever since The Sims 2 there has been glitches with almost every expansion and stuff pack. i'm amazed at the amount of time they have between expansions that they usually release one or maybe if we're lucky two patches that barely fix anything. and now with ambitions it seems like some issues that previous patches fixed are back again. like right now for six hours my game has been stuck on the saving screen and i can't remember how far i got at my last save. i finally got a pink diamond after spending a sim week searching and now this! also seems like The Sims games are the most glitched out of all EA's game franchises.
  • Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited June 2010
    just got the weirdest glitch ever
    wtfisthatd.jpg

that thing scares me! :O
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2010
    For those of you can't sell or by anything at the consignment store (or whatever the name is):

See if you have some uncommon or rare seeds in your inventory and if so remove them.

EDIT: Sims2Blade check this tread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/184718.page It's the shymoo download.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited June 2010
    i had quite a few of them including shymoo their all gone now. they should release a program where you can filter through what gets installed before it gets installed. now if only my game would stop crashing at random when i save...
  • Options
    diamondddog83diamondddog83 Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    my sims can not go to bed, they do that swishy spin and end up standing at the foot of the bed. Tired getting them to sleep in a tent and the same thing happens!
    Also when i send the family on vaction it works fine.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited June 2010
    ihartsnape wrote:
    4. I had a Mysterious Mr. Gnome in my house. He disappeared and never came back. I figured he had just moved somewhere else in the house, but after playing for several Sim weeks he has not reappeared. I don't know if this is normal behavior or not, as I've never really had one before.

I just came to the forums looking for something on missing Mysterious Mr. Gnomes. I do not have Ambitions but recently I got a Mysterious Mr. Gnome and placed him in my lot. He moved once and then the next sim night he was gone. I’ve searched the lot over and over for many sim days now and nothing. Where did he go to? Like you, this is a first.
  • Options
    VickybiiVickybii Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2010
    Im having the 'cannot change active household' glitch.Playing one family for a while,wanted to switch to another and nothing happens. :(

EDIT: Tried going to main menu and re-entering the neighbourhood...I've now got no active household set,cannot change to another one so I cant play!!! :cry::cry:
  • Options
    electricellieelectricellie Posts: 680
    edited June 2010
    Trinity2oo5, The toddler thing happened to me, she wouldnt put the toddler into the crib and went back to her bed, poor kid was tired. So then, cause i put the testingcheatenabled cheat in i made the toddler pass out cause of sleepineaa cause i wanted to hurry on without any trouble, butinstead of going to sleep the toddler cried, then i woke the mum up and she put him in the crib!!!!!!!! Hope that made sence, and that glitch gone now, PHEW!
  • Options
    electricellieelectricellie Posts: 680
    edited June 2010
    Also, if you have cc, and a lot of it maybe thats what is crashing your game?
  • Options
    pixelrpixelr Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2010
    So far I'm having problems with:

- after completing a design/reno job I loose all sounds except for background music

- self employed jobs often can't be completed because the number of items made never registers. iow I had to make 4 sculptures, I completed 2 but can't click on them to sell/remove them off the spinning wheel plus my progress still shows 0/4 made

The *only* CC content I have installed are items bought and dl'd from the EA store.
  • Options
    CodeCode Posts: 7
    edited June 2010
    Not sure if these have been raised:

- Heart shape gem cut is no longer achievable at 10 unique gem types if you have found gems via mining prior to reaching 10 types.

I have found 14 gem types (as displayed in my collector skills) and the perk is still greyed out.

- Minned gems do not count towards collection numbers (of gem types found)
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    My house doesn't show up on the map, just a blank yard.

Upgrades randomly restart, I had one sim upgrading the Washing Machine and as it neared completion it just started over. -Usually, this means it failed the 1st time.

I lost my upgraded Fire Extinguisher for no apparent reason. -It doesn't show up in your inventory. Click your sim to make sure you have upgraded it fully. If so, your foam should be orange now.

Maybe this will help.
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2010
    Ruyoayo wrote:
    My house doesn't show up on the map, just a blank yard.

Upgrades randomly restart, I had one sim upgrading the Washing Machine and as it neared completion it just started over. -Usually, this means it failed the 1st time.

I lost my upgraded Fire Extinguisher for no apparent reason. -It doesn't show up in your inventory. Click your sim to make sure you have upgraded it fully. If so, your foam should be orange now.

Maybe this will help.
  • Options
    NunyaDammeBiznisNunyaDammeBiznis Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2010
    The Firefighter profession does not show up in the newspaper or on the computer. I have had my sim check both for 5 days. Weird.
  • Options
    AndijvieAndijvie Posts: 512 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The Firefighter profession does not show up in the newspaper or on the computer. I have had my sim check both for 5 days. Weird.
    Does your town have a fire station? Twinbrook has one by default, but Sunset Valley and Riverview don't. In Twinbrook I always see the option on the PC when looking for a profession.
  • Options
    FfionMJonesFfionMJones Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Everything works fine apart from that I cant interact with other sims whenever I click on another sim it just shows their name and wont let me click on them it's really annoying and hope EA fix it soon
  • Options
    VickybiiVickybii Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2010
    STILL getting error 12 and 13!! Why haven't EA done anything about it? People have been having this problem since WA came out1 :evil: