Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

half walls under roofs

Just got the expansion yesterday. I am in the middle of adding a room onto a pre-made house and noticed there are these half walls right under the roof. Looked at the house across the street and it had it too. How do I make these?

Comments

• saitayasaitaya Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
  • EvilVamp667EvilVamp667 Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yes I do and they're annoying me. When I'm trying to re-design places for my architect, there are so many things that the programmers have done, that we cant, to build the houses that if I change one little thing, it turns into a mess.

Those small walls are a good example. I've figured I can remove them by Ctrl+clicking with the decking option, but I cant place them.

There are also some crazy roof placements that have gone-through objects so if I try to alter a roof a bit, I cant put one back where I removed it from.

None of that makes much sense does it, I should get to bed :p
  • Zehan2PlayerZehan2Player Posts: 319 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Same thing happen to my house and I don have ambitions yet or even world adventurs. Maybe you should put this in the technical forum
  • LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited June 2010
    I saw somewhere around here about a new "ctrl,shift,c" code for doing that. Can't remember where tho. Sorry...
  • roborobo Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2010
    its ac cheat you use, its complicated and used to do alot of things like make arches, and garges on houses with foundations
    edited June 2010
    I figured it out :) Thanks. Once you said it was some cheat thing I remembered long ago I did something to make a half wall so I went searching and found how to do it again.

I just thought that maybe the expansion pack had added it in but NOPE. I wonder when/if they will add half walls back into the game.
  • RainvioletRainviolet Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I noticed the half walls too. Also in one area there were these houses built on pilings and I wanted to do that too! I could delete them but not replace them. :(
  • GhettoEmily4GhettoEmily4 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Could you tell me how to get rid/add these half walls please?! I don't know the cheat.. :(
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Just been on the game and typed in "help" in the cheat box, and one of the cheats that came up was: placefriezes on/off. This allows you to place foundations on top of houses and under the roof. If it doesn't work, try the help cheat in case I accidently mispelted it.

Now if you excuse me, I have got a house to renovate...
    edited June 2010
    There is a tutorial on youtube called "The Sims™ 3: Half-Wall Tutorial" from that I was able to figure it out.

There is also a video on youtube called "The sims 3 tutorial - how to do a half wall roof "
  • bven49bven49 Posts: 10
    edited June 2010
    I had the half walls under the roofs and I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe someone had placed a foundation on the second level, but that wasn't it, they had placed the half walls there with the deck tool. I got rid of it by holding down control and dragging over it with the deck tool.
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Yes, I have actually made these "half walls" in some of my houses on the exchange, as well as foundation houses with garages next to them. You need to use a cheat called "constrainFloorElevation false" if you find a tutorial it is easy to make these half walls.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 2,114 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Didn't you read what I said? You don't use the constrain elevation cheat, it is not a half wall but a frieze (they are used in classical and neo classical architecture, famous examples include the Parthenon), and it is an actual tool in the game, and if you try to place it on the ground it will say in a box "Friezes must be built higher than ground level" (just that you have to use a cheat code to get to the tool).

You just put in the cheat box:

placefriezes on

But note, you cannot build foundations while the cheat is on.
  • baumeebaumee Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Thetford, thanks so much! It was so easy to add the extra height to my house using this code. You rock. :)
  • FranWFranW Posts: 13 New Member
    edited November 2011
    bven4. It works, it works, it works, yeah. Thank you bven4. I can finish my house now and it was soooooooo easy. Bless you.
  • bethchucklesbethchuckles Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    (crtl shift c) That's how you open the cheat box. I know a few but not a lot. You can look at it on this site and it can give you more info about what you can do with ithttp://www.cheatmasters.com/cheats/38363/The_Sims_3_Pets_cheats.htmle :-)