Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Inventing Skill & Simbot -- Help

lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
Ok, so I just maxed out my Inventing skill, and the game said I have made every invention in the game. I checked the skill journal and it said "Invention Discovered: 100%". And I was really looking forward to trying to invent the Simbot, and according to the guide, an opportunity is to arise to collect the necessary things to make it.

I still haven't gotten an opportunity after 2 sim days of maxing the skill and plus the journal says 100% of all inventions discovered. Does the simbot not count as an invention? Am I doing something wrong? Please help :)

Also, feel free to ask any questions about Ambitions and the Inventing Skill lol.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruSarah_oldSimGuruSarah_old Posts: 447 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2010
    Just be patient and the opportunity should start. I believe it's a phone call. Are you remembering to answer your phone?
    I am a Producer on The Sims 4.
    Please follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
  • Options
    lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Yes, I answer the phone all the time xD. I shall be patient and report back hahah. Thanks :D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You should check the Inventing Station and make sure you don't have "Make Mystery Invention" available, otherwise just be patient - that phone call will come one day soon ;-)
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited June 2010
    Yeah the call with come a few days later. I did the same thing now.

I am now stuck trying to find the pink diamond. I even used the collection helper and I am picking up every gem and rock I find. I found the Lumunious gem, rainbow, and regular diamonds but not pink one :(

Where is it? I have the Prima Guide but I don't understand the indicators.

It numbers gems from Epic to Aqua. What does that mean? Is Epic the area where I will find the rare games?
    Is there certain days or certain times of when I can check?

My poor Sim has been dead on her feet tired but I keep sending her all over the place to find this darn pink diamond lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The pink diamond is really tough to find, it is one of the rarest gems in the game (maybe the rarest!). Sometimes it can take a Sim week or more :(

Good luck!
  • Options
    raiuka7raiuka7 Posts: 12
    edited June 2010
    I have the pink diamond. I found it on my lot using the Miner machine I made. The only problem is.. I don't have the option to get it cut into a heart. The only shapes that show up are emerald, oval, plumbob, and another I can't remember. =/
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Just be patient and it will come soon, I only just finished this and created the sim-bot just then. It took a while for the opportunity to come up, the opportunity will tell you to collect 1 piece of Palladium(I think that is what it is called) first, then 10 life fruit, then heart shaped pink diamond(I funnily enough already had one in my pocket,lol, then 100 pieces of scrap. After all that you go to your inventor bench and started creating ,it takes a while to make one but once you have finished you can make another anytime you want just as long as you have all the items I mentioned above.

Need help finding the pink gem? Try using the miner or using the martial arts block(You will need full martial arts to be able to break the space rock) You will need to finish the little challenge under your skill journal to get a the heart shape ability.
  • Options
    Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I just got the phone call, and I find the first thing, but where is the life fruits? I just can't find them anywhere :(
  • Options
    xxSims3GirlxxxxSims3Girlxx Posts: 364 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Can Anyone help? I was gonna post a thread about my question, but I'll ask here instead. I have the the pink diamond, but how do I get the heart shape from the gem cutters? I believe you have to unlock it, but how? :roll:
  • Options
    SakerrrrSakerrrr Posts: 153 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Can Anyone help? I was gonna post a thread about my question, but I'll ask here instead. I have the the pink diamond, but how do I get the heart shape from the gem cutters? I believe you have to unlock it, but how? :roll:

you need to find a bunch of different gems to unlock the heart shape, i think it's 10 but im not sure

edit: typo
  • Options
    xxSims3GirlxxxxSims3Girlxx Posts: 364 New Member
    edited June 2010
    you need to find a bunch of different gems to unlock the heart shape, i think it's 10 but im not sure

OMG, I discovered how to get it just before your reply, and got it! Thank you so much anyway!
  • Options
    kushakusha Posts: 2,465 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Simmerd, what it means is epic there will be an "epic" amount, like the way there is also low and high. but I dont know what aqua is... and everyone, dont look for the palladium or pink diamond!!!! when one comes up, you will get a map tag with a picture of it!!! just look for the tags! it is a blue green color. too find the life fruit and pink diamond I just used buydebug :lol: I put 999999 spawners on top of eachother right in the living room and every day a bunch of gems would come up! this also made it super easy to unlock heart cut! I have two simbots because I had two inventors at the same time
  • Options
    kushakusha Posts: 2,465 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Simmerd, what it means is epic there will be an "epic" amount, like the way there is also low and high. but I dont know what aqua is... and everyone, dont look for the palladium or pink diamond!!!! when one comes up, you will get a map tag with a picture of it!!! just look for the tags! it is a blue green color. too find the life fruit and pink diamond I just used buydebug :lol: I put 999999 spawners on top of eachother right in the living room and every day a bunch of gems would come up! this also made it super easy to unlock heart cut! I have two simbots because I had two inventors at the same time