Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I become a doctor or a tatto artist?

I have no idea how to become a doctor or a tatto artist.
Please help! :wink:

Comments

• sgreen37sgreen37 Posts: 821 New Member
    edited June 2010
    You become a doctor the same way you always became a doctor. (apply at the hospital) To be a tattoo artist, you buy the tattoo chair.
  • Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you!
    But.. You can be a doctor in a profession, and I don't know how to become that.
  • simsfashion20simsfashion20 Posts: 191 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think tattooing is a skill, not a job
    edited June 2010
    They didn't add the doctor profession, they just upgraded the previous medical career so that you can do house calls now.

edited June 2010
    double post
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I have no idea how to become a doctor or a tatto artist.
    Please help! :wink:

Hi.
    Tattooing is not a job or a skill I believe. The tatoo chair is just there so that we can give our sims tatoos once we have left Create A Sim.

The doctor career is the same as the medical career. So just get your sim to join up at the hospital. The majority of this career will be spent inside of a rabbithole.

:)
  • Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so much everybody for your answers! :D
  • ZAKD10ZAKD10 Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    you woild think they would make it easy to understand
  • julial88julial88 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    To become a tatoo artist you join the stylist career. I think once you get promoted a couple times you can eventaully choose what you want to do or maybe there is a certain level in the stylist career. i hope that helps and sorry im not sure about the doctor one!
  • Jaggar345Jaggar345 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    julial88 wrote:
    To become a tatoo artist you join the stylist career. I think once you get promoted a couple times you can eventaully choose what you want to do or maybe there is a certain level in the stylist career. i hope that helps and sorry im not sure about the doctor one!

No I tried the stylist job you dont do tatooartist there even at level 10.
  • tbayley33tbayley33 Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    if you go to the tatoo parlour you apply i think :)
  • Mhs_34347Mhs_34347 Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    Yea,i guess we can become a tattoo artist my being self-employed as one...And then open up a community building on a lot :D
  • MissKaileyMissKailey Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    hit c+shift+ctrl then a cheat window should pop up. type in, testingcheatsenabled true, just like that. then shift click on ur mailbox. then hit set career. then go to medical and then pick the level that u wanna be in that career.Resident is the first official "doctor" job in medical. hope this helps.

P.S. Don't forget to work on the logic skill or u will never get promoted. :-)

p.p.s. idk how 2 become a tatoo artist........... :lol:
  • Lizzy11Lizzy11 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    :cry: that cheat thing does not work
  • Wheezy99Wheezy99 Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    about the tattoo artist, i think you have to '"up" your skill at tattooing, then go to city hall and reguster as self-employed. though, i might be wrong.
  • gdarcygdarcy Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    I think, but i'm not sure that you get level ten in tattooing and you apply as a self employed tattoo artist in the town hall. Doctor i'm pretty sure you just apply at the hospital like normal. Might have to do the same way as tattoo artist though. Try both. Hope this helps! PS. You have to type TestingCheatsEnabled True like that.It works, trust me. She wasn't lying.

• janecarter233janecarter233 Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    tbayley33 wrote:
    if you go to the t :P atoo parlour you apply i think :)
    fevevebjkl
  • hayley619hayley619 Posts: 174
    edited March 2011
    i've completed the stylist career and no option came up to be a tattoo artist. EA are liars and should not have put on the box that you can become one. Idiots
  • makebeliever1909makebeliever1909 Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited March 2011
    I found this on yahoo answers about the Tatto artist, anyone know if it's right?

'Apparently the Tattoo artist is an off shoot of the stylist job so you need to pick the fashion phenomenon. You will need dramatic, friendly, artistic, charasmatic and perfectionis. Took my so long to figure this out..'
    heartsigcopy.jpg
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited March 2011
    There is no way to become a tattoo artist. You cannot be self employed as a Tattoo Artist, you cannot become one at the Salon, the Stylist profession does not offer the possibility, it just is not possible to Officially be a Tattoo Artist and get job opportunities and level up like the other careers and professions.

There may be a mod out there that allows for it, but as an EA in game Career/Profession/Job, it just simply isn't an option. This was discussed at some length after Ambitions came out and there were many people upset about it since that is one of the things many pepole looked forward to.
  • kylesaz1234kylesaz1234 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    the tattoo artist is part of the stylist job.
  • Gleeky321Gleeky321 Posts: 2,995 New Member
    edited August 2011
    doctor hospital tatto syitlest
  • maymay5678maymay5678 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    i think to become a tatoo artist you have to buy a tatoo chair and once you become realy good at that you can make your sims go on the computer and you click on geta job or whatever and then you click on proffesion and then it might say get self emploid for a tatoo artist....hope it makes sense :D
  • emikoitooshiemikoitooshi Posts: 3
    edited September 2011
    You can use the testingcheatsenable true cheats and then you hold the shift while you click on the mailbox. The other way is to install Twallan's master controller mod.
  • cassiek01cassiek01 Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Lizzy11 wrote:
    :cry: that cheat thing does not work

yes it does, keep trying!

do this,

1. ctrl+shift+c

2. type in at the top: testingcheatsenabled true

3. press shift while and click on your mailbox

4. choose 'Set Career...'

5. choose from a variety of careers including medical
    (as the previous user said, resident is the doctor one i think)

hope that helped :)