Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't get hired in some professions

I have this problem that I can't get hired as a Doctor, inventor, tatto artist and sculpting. I can't find them when I'm lokking for a profession either in the news paper or at the computer. I tried diffrents day to look after them, but they're not there!

Please help me! :wink:

Comments

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Posts: 38 Member
    edited June 2010
    My Sim is an inventor, I had him buy the skill book, and read it till Level 1. After that, he registered as an inventor (self-employed) at City Hall. I'm just getting started, so I don't know much about the career. You have to buy to work bench to make things.
  • Options
    Rinza_BananaRinza_Banana Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Thank you! I'll try that.
    But I still don't know how to get in the other professions..
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Doctor is in the medical field - so just start a career in the medical field... as far as I have heard.

Architect you need to buy the blue print table and a camera and then register as self employed either through the computer or phone AFTER gaining 1 skill point by using the table.

Inventor you need to buy the inventor table, gain a point by "dabbling" and then register as self employed.

Sculptor you need to buy the sculpting table, sculpt and earn a skill point, then register as self employed.

Tattoo artist I cant figure out, maybe someone else can tell you....

Hope that helped! :)

-Jess
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so much! And yes, that was a big help!
    there's just one little thing. At the medical Field I can only get a normal job. Not a profession.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Thank you so much! And yes, that was a big help!
    there's just one little thing. At the medical Field I can only get a normal job. Not a profession.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2010
    One of My sim has a the tattoo chair.

I was playing another household and had one of my sims go to his house and click on the chair. That didn't work, so I had my sim greet the tattoo artist and then click the chair.

The tattoo artist came down with my sim and gave him a tattoo.
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    jessstewart88jessstewart88 Posts: 376 New Member
    edited June 2010
    The DOctor thing is just a improved medical career - as far as I have heard the sims are given more and different opportunities as a Doctor (Which isnt defined as a profession).
  • Options
    IrelandAmyIrelandAmy Posts: 258 New Member
    edited June 2010

Its the same thing.