Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else finds laundry annoying after awhile?

Everytime one of the family members take a shower, go to bed or change into different clothes theres so many clothes piles :lol:
I do still like the idea but it does get annoying sometimes when you have many people in the house.

Comments

• bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2010
    I sort of found it tedious with just one sim in the house. Haha! I love getting the moodlet boost, but I don't know if it is worth the extra effort.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited June 2010
    :lol: try having 5 family members in 1 house
    and sometimes they pick up all the clothes and then drop them on the ground randomly.
  • blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited June 2010
    Well you could just buy a lot of laundry baskets...?
    I don't find it tedious at all actually, and I'm running a full family. Just click any basket to do it when they have a free second, it will do all of the laundry (which you can let sit until you get the dirty laundry moodlet, doesn't have to be done right off) and if you get busy it can sit there and wait to be moved.
    That's merely my opinion however :)
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    edited June 2010
    Put hampers in the bathroom and bedrooms, then all clothes fall into them.

I find laundry easy so far. I am just now preg. so who knows what having more sims will do. I have eco sims so I use a clothes line and my first attempt with the cheap washer left my sim soaked. Now, even with a better washer, I put on a bathing suit to keep from soaking my sim.

I love the moodlets! I think they did a great job with the system. I know it could have been so much more annoying!

Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2010
    I really love the whole during laundry thing. I think its make it a little more real.
  • anastasia81ukanastasia81uk Posts: 325 Member
    edited June 2010
    I really love the whole during laundry thing. I think its make it a little more real.
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited June 2010
    Put hampers in the bathroom and bedrooms, then all clothes fall into them.

I find laundry easy so far. I am just now preg. so who knows what having more sims will do. I have eco sims so I use a clothes line and my first attempt with the cheap washer left my sim soaked. Now, even with a better washer, I put on a bathing suit to keep from soaking my sim.

I love the moodlets! I think they did a great job with the system. I know it could have been so much more annoying!

:O i never knew they had baskets for the laundry i have to go check that out
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2010
    LOL Karenn, you are so cute. I did play for a bit with no baskets also, and then it was to much like real life-you were right it got tedious. I love how you can not have them though like in kids room, it makes them look very real with dirty clothes laying around.
  • yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2010
    for bluskys789123

one of the sim gurus, in the glitches thread, said that if the laundry laying around is too much to deal with you could just get rid of all laundry related things on your lot and go to the laundromat to receive the same moodlet benefits. they said just make sure you remember to dry and pick them up.
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2010
    i wanted swimming in the ocean - not more chores for the sims.
  • PantsformersPantsformers Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    Where are the laundry baskets?

I find it annoying that my sim gets soaked sometimes while doing laundry. I don't know how to get her dry without having her take a shower (since running through fire isn't an option at home.)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Laundry hampers are in appliances where the trash cans are. They come in 3 colors.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I find laundry worth the effort, and the laundry hampers/bins are in the laundry section of buy mode under bathroom if you are sorting by room and not function.

Laundry kept my sim in a good mood and he got to the top of firefighting especially quick. I now have the best washer and dryer and they provide a 25 mood boost when on normal wash cycle. I always find it nice to have a simbot in the house, one with the neat trait of course. :-)
    edited June 2010
    Laundry hampers are in appliances where the trash cans are. They come in 3 colors.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2010
    Laundry hampers are in appliances where the trash cans are.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2010
    Laundry hampers are in appliances where the trash cans are.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Karenn,

I had that problem too. I thought it was a glitch but I think they randomly drop it when both the washer and dryer have clothes in them. You first have to take all of the clothes out of both the washer and dryer and then put the pile of clothes in the washer.
  • JAYSIMS2004JAYSIMS2004 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited June 2010
    double post
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MPSaiMPSai Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Well you can always not put a washer in the house then they don't drop laundry at all. Since the only thing it gives you is a moodlet it's okay to avoid completely.
  • LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited June 2010
    Do the maids keep up well with the laundry? Does the babysitter help with it too? Because im not getting one untill i have maid service!! Even if it does add to the realism, lol... :P

Hope they never add dusting or vacuming :P
  • TNT62703TNT62703 Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2010
    having sims do laundry is something ive wanted since sims one. cause its more realistic. now only if their was a cloths shop like in sims 2. i think the whole every outfit on dresser thing is lame. yea its easier but having to shop for cloths that were affordable for you sims was cool. and the laundry baskets....go to the rooms tab where all the stuff is in the room. i think the laundry stuff is in the kitchen tab, and the laundry baskets are there as well.
  • VictoryX51VictoryX51 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Do the maids keep up well with the laundry? Does the babysitter help with it too? Because im not getting one untill i have maid service!! Even if it does add to the realism, lol... :P

Hope they never add dusting or vacuming :P

The only Sims house where I deal with laundry has a Maid and I'm 90% sure she takes care of it. That 10% thinks that the Neurotic/Perfectionist teenage son might be doing it when I'm not paying attention though... :mrgreen:
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2010
    It's like you need a hamper in every single room though. When they come home and I make them change into normal, there's a pile of clothes in the living room. Out in the back yard, using the board breaking blocks, there's a pile of clothes when they change into Martial Arts costume. Pile of clothes over by the weight machine. Every bedroom and every bathroom. It's getting kind of annoying, I'm thinking of just getting rid of the washer.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2010
    Me!! Me!!

Laundry is sooo annoying. And time consuming.

I can't believe anybody really dreamed of the day they'd add this to the game.
  • beggar1015beggar1015 Posts: 539 Member
    edited June 2010
    Laundry in Real Life is not one of my favorite chores, so having to do laundry in the Sims was not one of the things I've been missing.