Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't it just be simple fun like the old days?

Sims 1 was simple - you just played, enjoyed it, did not worry about what else was being "tracked" or disrupting everything.

Now, it is "make sure you read the fine print", you paid for it, but "they have a right to install whatever they want" because you clicked "i agree".

can't a game just be a game?!

Comments

• kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2010
    I feel your pain! I remember when I just popped in the disk and played. Now it's buy a new computer and then STILL work for months and use all kinds of 3rd party stuff to get the game to run. I know it's hard to make a game that works on all types of computers, but it's still frustrating. I keep telling myself this is it for me and Sims, but LOL I'm pathetic. I haven't even been on the forums for months, and then I remembered last week that a EP was coming out.

Did I wait the other morning of the release date to run out and buy the game, or did I beat the guys that work at Gamestop to the store before they opened it? Did they laugh their heads off at me when they saw me standing there? They sure did. And it didn't matter cause I had "Today is a Sims EP release date and I'm pathetically desperate to play it" written all over my forhead.

And something else, they did warn us, in the ELUEAASDS thingie we all clicked yes to-that was at least more warning then SecureRom. And they may just be collecting data about how we play-hopefully. But I'm with ya.
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2010
    They also have the right to throw ads at us too, now (not that they are. Not yet, anyway).
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2010
    Did I wait the other morning of the release date to run out and buy the game, or did I beat the guys that work at Gamestop to the store before they opened it? Did they laugh their heads off at me when they saw me standing there? They sure did. And it didn't matter cause I had "Today is a Sims EP release date and I'm pathetically desperate to play it" written all over my forhead.

lol!! i'm addicted to the game, too.

i get excited, i pay $ for items at the store (which to me is overpriced) - it has changed though. the "feel" of it.

the graphics are amazing - they really have worked hard on it - however, the ads, the tracking, how does that add to our "gameplay" experience?!

• knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited June 2010
    They also have the right to throw ads at us too, now (not that they are. Not yet, anyway).

it's like, why do we pay $$ for cable tv (or direct tv) and then on top of it have to watch tv ads - we have to pay even more to not watch those and buy extra equipment to record shows just to skip them.

this is a game - that's it
    - and now, from what i can see, a "gateway" to our own computers, when we are the ones paying for it in $$ and privacy.

big corporations invading the small sim world does not make for fun gameplay - it actually takes you out of the moment.

in sims 1, they had the mcdonald's kiosk you could CHOOSE to incorporate in your game.

Post edited by Unknown User on