Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 3 AMBITIONS -- THUNDERSTORM!

Just saw this youtube video showing a thunderstorm in ambitions!

Maybe they added it ready for a real weather expansion :)

Comments

• soccergirl1996soccergirl1996 Posts: 382
    edited June 2010
    idk If that is the same oneacouple threads down but if not that is the 2nd video of thunderstorms in AMBITION :!:
  • soccergirl1996soccergirl1996 Posts: 382
    edited June 2010
    idk If that is the same one acouple threads down its named WEATHER but if not that is the 2nd video of thunderstorms in AMBITION :!:
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited June 2010
    im abit sceptical, sure EA knows most people loved sims 3 seasons, i would have thought they'd of mentioned it ..
    anyone with the guide see if its mentioned ?
  • psychicmediumpsychicmedium Posts: 314 New Member
    edited June 2010
    could be an Easter Egg teaser letting us know that a full seasons expansion or download is coming!

We should all keep an eye at this years E3 starting soon this June and listen out for anything new!
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited June 2010
    i saw the url and looked it up,
    the persons description said it happened while playing with the fire-fighter .. :? mm perhaps its some kind of mission or something :? bit odd though
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    According to the preview there is Natural disasters in Ambitions. Apparently you can cause them to happen using a cheat or they will occur eventually on their own. I just heard of Meteor storms and Earthquakes in the preveiw from Grant Rodiek. But I was left with the thought there were more, as they mentioned they did not want to spoil any surprises right afer they mentioned those other storms.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2010
    It looks like that Thunderstorm could of turned into a Tornado *ponders the possibilities of a weather expansion*
    edited June 2010
    I wonder what other surprises this expansion pack will has
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2010
    Looks more like a tornado than a thunderstorm to me...
  • LucibelleLucibelle Posts: 97 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh wow! I just HAD this happen during while playing my firefighter sim, only I didn't pull back to actually look at it, darn it!

This happened during a fire emergency at the Lama Corp. Shipping Co. (criminal building) I heard exactly what was heard on the video. Cool! :D
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2010
    Hey this is a great lead into Seasons hopefully. And there is the new moodlet of your Sims getting chilly! That would be great for a future EP.
    :P
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2010
    I agree; it does look more like a tornado. And I think that The Sims Development team is thinking of adding weather eventually. I just hope that my computer can continue to run the game. It's not exactly a spring chicken for a computer and I can't afford to upgrade or buy a new one right now.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited June 2010
    it's kinda strange to me that they didn't move the camera in that direction. quick thought.. if they eventually do reintroduce weather, it would be cool if sims had outerwear again and maybe umbrellas. also i imagine that unlucky sims would be more likely to be struck by lightning. and weather should include illness. sims should get sick like before from staying in rain or cold.
  • EmEmEmmaEmEmEmma Posts: 317 New Member
    edited June 2010
    eeek! Natural disasters sound awesome, I feel bad for the unlucky sims!

I do miss seasons so this will be good, i want to create a huge family all with different jobs of ambitions to see what happens!
    edited June 2010
    weather is the only thing missing for me at the moment, it would make it a whole game!

• afrat240afrat240 Posts: 273 Member
    edited June 2010
    It not weather, it's an emergency for the firefighter career.

It's and evil mastermind plot gone wrong! lol and ever villian tried to steal the towns clouds, or something like that, and it went terribly terribly wronggg :D

PS

I'm not making this up lol it was an actual emergency while i was playing my firefighter sim.
    edited June 2010
    afrat240 wrote:

It's and evil mastermind plot gone wrong! lol and ever villian tried to steal the towns clouds, or something like that, and it went terribly terribly wronggg :D

PS

I'm not making this up lol it was an actual emergency while i was playing my firefighter sim.

Yep but it shows that the game engine can do storms! it's a start anyway :mrgreen:
  • bleueyedgirl1989bleueyedgirl1989 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited June 2010
    That is actually the criminals trying to steal the clouds. I encountered it in the firefighter career.
  • CoasterboiCoasterboi Posts: 301 New Member
    edited June 2010
    That is one small thunderstorm :p
  • Cstar0621Cstar0621 Posts: 233
    edited July 2010
    Okay i just looked it up. I did alot of research on it and apparently firefighters save houses from natural disasters, fires and other things. So it only occurs if you have a sim as a firefighter and it only occurs randomly so the firefighter has things to do. Its not seasons and natural disaster do not happen to your sim family. It just happens so the firefighter has something to do lol!
    Quote from preview of The Sims 3 Ambitions:
    , meanwhile, head for the fire station where they can practice their pole slides or upgrade their engines before heading off to tackle fires, natural disasters and more bizarre events involving garden gnomes."

Hope this helps :D
  • debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2010
    afrat240 wrote:

PS

Yep, I experienced this too when I played the firefighter career. All that noise is coming out of the criminal warehouse.
  • 000000078000000078 Posts: 4,266
    edited July 2010
    I've encounterd this many times with my firefighter...But I wouldn't mind seeing snow again in the sims 3.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited July 2010
    Game companies always add unfinished code.I remember Sim City had a few but nothing ever became of them.
  • Robert_AF709Robert_AF709 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I noticed recently that it was darker than usual at an architectural designer site and it seems that the game is hinting about weather. EA could generate alot of excitement if it did start to rain in Twin Brooks.