Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*UPDATED* PRE-ORDERS - DOWNLOAD IS NOW AVAILABLE!

And to find out that I need the patch - I should have just purchased the disc in the morning apparently.

My order history is blank!! I have the email with proof of purchase, but when I log onto my EA account, my order history shows nothing!! This is rediculous.. I can't forsee it being fixed any time soon either!!! /rant

UPDATE: Several of us have now recieved support emails that are asking us to patiently wait until 10 AM PST for the download to be available with the required patch.

Still not quite sure how such a disaster could occur and why we waited so long for communication from support, but what can we do at this point. :?

UPDATE: As of 10:19 PST I am downloading Ambitions!!

Comments

• Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited June 2010
    That must be incredibly frustrating! *hugs*

It's why I don't even bother with the EA Store though ;)
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2010
    u have to login at the support page lol
    same thing happened to me
  • BrownShirtBrownShirt Posts: 56
    edited June 2010
    I understand why you wouldn't!! I purchased High End Loft and World Adventures with the promo they had for pre-ordering Ambitions. Both of which I have downloaded and installed so I obvs purchased something.
    edited June 2010
    Tony89 wrote:
    u have to login at the support page lol
    same thing happened to me

I was asked to log in about five different times going from page to page. Once I logged in and it took me to a page that had a little bit more information, but as soon as I clicked on "order history .." it says no information was available or whatevs. I will try again tho if you are saying there is a way to get around it!
  • FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having the same problem, and I'm gonna cry or scream because I staye dup for nothing.
  • LostGuyLostGuy Posts: 61 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, I also order HELS with Ambitions, and my order history is empty. I wonder if having one available and one pre-order confused their system.
    edited June 2010
    Typical chaos on release day.
  • HedorenHedoren Posts: 58 New Member
    edited June 2010
    My order screen is also suspiciously blank, but I'm willing to wait a little while. My confirmation email claims the game is available at 12 CDT (but it doesn't say AM or PM). So if some sort of download option doesn't appear by noon, I'll call up EA Support and wave my order ID# around until something fun happens.

I seem to remember something a lot like this happening with World Adventures, too....
  • Tony89Tony89 Posts: 2,196 Member
    edited June 2010
    I logged in and went to support page and my pending,and other orders were all empty and then I clicked on login and It took me to my pending orders
  • bookishbeebookishbee Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2010
    I'm having the same issue. Sounds like a number of people are. I'm hoping I'll have an e-mail from the EA store when I get home from work tomorrow telling me I can download it, but if not I'm not going to be a happy camper. This will teach me to never do digital download again. :(
  • TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2010
    I ordered HELS when it came out through direct download and it never once showed up in my history but did in my EADM. It seems Ambitions is doing the same, it isn't showing up at all; I have no order history. :? But I don't think that matters, the site is always buggy with that, at least for me it is. Did you already get an email telling you that Ambitions is ready to download? I think in your original post you said that it isn't letting you download the game because you need the update, it seems everyone who ordered it for direct download is having this problem. And someone made a post asking for a simmer who has the game to upload the update for the direct download buyers, so you could check that because I think they've found someone. :)
    edited June 2010
    TinaMaxis wrote:
    I ordered HELS when it came out through direct download and it never once showed up in my history but did in my EADM. It seems Ambitions is doing the same, it isn't showing up at all; I have no order history. :? But I don't think that matters, the site is always buggy with that, at least for me it is. Did you already get an email telling you that Ambitions is ready to download? I think in your original post you said that it isn't letting you download the game because you need the update, it seems everyone who ordered it for direct download is having this problem. And someone made a post asking for a simmer who has the game to upload the update for the direct download buyers, so you could check that because I think they've found someone. :)

I have not yet downloaded the game at all because I have no where to download it from, and then while researching this problem I found all the posts about needing the patch! EADM does not show Ambitions either pending or available. I do not have an email saying Ambitions is ready to download. Soo.. I am just waiting for something to happen so I can download it!! Aaggh.
  • TinaMaxisTinaMaxis Posts: 306 Member
    edited June 2010
    I haven't gotten my download yet either, I have nowhere to download it from, but I am expecting an email telling me where to do that in about 10 hours, lol. EADM doesn't show anything about Ambitions for me either, I figure that it will once I get my email from EA that Ambitions is ready for me. Something should happen soon, it all really depends on where you are and what time zone, but I hope it works for everyone soon. Oh how I want to be simming in Twinbrook right now!
    edited June 2010
    I imagine it will be officially released for dwnload in 2 hrs 2o mins
  • KitsunyaKitsunya Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2010
    So... My order isn't showing either. It's way past midnight CDT. Right now I want to hurt the people that do the online ea store. Never pre-ordering anything again.
    edited June 2010
    Kitsunya wrote:
    So... My order isn't showing either. It's way past midnight CDT. Right now I want to hurt the people that do the online ea store. Never pre-ordering anything again.

Yup, I'm in Cali, its almost 1 am. I think we all stayed up to get our downloads and I could have just gone to sleep and bought it in the morning!!!
    edited June 2010
    That's what I wanted to do. However my husband figured downloading it would be easier. Now it's just turned out to be even more of a hassle. Can't even check my orders through their customer support, cause the history is blank.

They were sure quick to take my money though :cry:

Right now I would be asleep if I hadn't gotten myself all hyped up for the new game. At least Cali is pretty at night.
    edited June 2010
    I'm in Cali too, now I feel like a Fail for staying up, well off to bed with me. Oh wait I forgot, I won't be able to sleep, too much time on the computer. Maybe I'll go look at the water.
    edited June 2010
    Sleep sounds beautiful but... again way too over hyped to sleep. Even though it was a major let-down.
  • AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2010
    BrownShirt wrote:
    Kitsunya wrote:

Yup, I'm in Cali, its almost 1 am. I think we all stayed up to get our downloads and I could have just gone to sleep and bought it in the morning!!!

I am feeling the same way. I should have just gotten it from walmart.
    edited June 2010
    I agree
    edited June 2010
    G'Night Imma try to go to sleep now nienies.gif *head hits keyboard and I fall into deep Sim dreams*
    edited June 2010
    I guess we will hope for a solution in the morning. :x I can't wait to check out Twinbrook!!!!
    edited June 2010
    Anyone else having this problem please let us know, I did email customer support, so I'm curious as to if anyone else emailed and when you get a response. I'm quite upset reading everyone's ambitions experiences!!!! I did this so I could play it ASAP and now it looks like I might even have to wait longer than if I would have just purchased the disc.
  • EmbracetherandomEmbracetherandom Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Same here. I'm on the East Coast and I pre-ordered with direct download on 05/18. I've gotten no "your download is ready" e-mail and my order history with EA is blank. Its almost 6am here. I work a graveyard shift so I was hoping it would be available at midnight. So much for looking forward to coming to work, lol. Let's hope this whole thing gets solved rather quickly or EA will have a lot of explaining to do and excuses to make.