Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• CATHINATORCATHINATOR Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i dont have a credit card =(

/signed CATHINATOR
  • Naomi783Naomi783 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    The lack of "stuff" actually included with the base game is appalling. I used to buy the stuff packs, but will not be paying the outrageous prices at the sims 3 store.
  • modmodmodmod Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Definitely signed!!
  • TheJesterSim3TheJesterSim3 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Whole heartedly agree. I never cared much for the stuff packs last game, but I could understand them when they were huge and themed and offered new fun things to do. Paying the equivalent of a dollar for a ponytail, or 20 some odd dollars for one full set of furniture, not happening. I spent my free simpoints and that will be that. :x

Signed: The Jester Sim 3
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited June 2009
    The problem with this thread is that the message it is sending to EA is: "We don't care about the design tool and the ability to completely customize every object in the game, take that back and just give us more stuff."

When you complain loudly about one thing without also expressing thanks for what you DID get, the message is that you don't want what you got, you want what you had. Whether that's how all of the /signed people feel or not, it is the message I am taking away from this thread.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • xxxwackoxxxxxxwackoxxx Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    signed also, on a side note if you register the game click the orange button and no free sim points are added to your account the help section does nothing to help you. They write click the orange button again but the thing is freakin gone
  • Evermore1Evermore1 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yep, stuff for free would be great. Anyways the modders will crack the nut and open the opportunity to create more free stuff. It just takes a while at the start, but after 2-3 months there will be the first results and you have to pay nothing for those virtual items.

The marketing strategy they follow now is just pathetic and only shows how greedy they actually are, right in the face.

You pay 40 bucks for the game, minus the 10 for the free points. Now if you only buy 2 sets of the furniture you aleady pay more than the game price! I mean many marketing strategies are shameless to test how far people are willing to go, but the Sims 3 Store is an own chapter of missleading community support.
  • breathlessbreathless Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well, I've just said this in another thread, but will say it again here: I wouldn't mind paying some real money for a few virtual objects if they really enhanced the gameplay - that's what the Store items should be. But it's simply not the case so far, and that only makes the prices even more ridiculously high. A new hair? A new sofa? A new car? I can't come up with any reason whatsoever why those shouldn't be free.
  • JPNL88JPNL88 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I guess EA is just trying to make as much money from it as possible.

here is their strategy:

step 1. open a store to sell content for the game.

step 2. claim that the store sells EP objects to people who don't want to buy full EP's

step 3. slowly introduce more and more objects that aren’t included in any EP, but could have been included in any.

step 4. release the Sims 3 with a lot less objects than they could have included.

step 5. place all the other objects in the store.

if you what this game to become what is should have been in the first place, it's probably going to cost you an additional 100 to 200 bucks

/Signed JPNL88
  • wobbertawobberta Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    This game came with practically nothing compared to the TS2 base game. And where did all those "missing" Items go? To the TS3 store of course, where they want you to hand over 5 or more dollars so you can buy virtual items that should have been in the game to begin with. The game already costs a lot. I think it's wrong to rip us off like this.

Opinions?

Please sign if you think the store should be closed and the items put into the game, or future EP's.

/Signed Fluffymonkeym

It's a crafty and good way of making xtra money............... :-D it should be free, but hey, nothings free nowadays!!
  • ZuluDawnZuluDawn Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed. Stop picking on us EA we love you to much
  • Confined05Confined05 Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Stormkeep wrote:
    The problem with this thread is that the message it is sending to EA is: "We don't care about the design tool and the ability to completely customize every object in the game, take that back and just give us more stuff."

When you complain loudly about one thing without also expressing thanks for what you DID get, the message is that you don't want what you got, you want what you had. Whether that's how all of the /signed people feel or not, it is the message I am taking away from this thread.
    This.

I thought the whole idea behind not having loads of options in CAS and buy mode is because we can customize every single thing.

I don't really see the big deal, and it doesn't surprise me at all that EA has a cash option for buying items. It surprises me that they give out free points for it though, that's pretty generous.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2009
    /Signed
    raw
  • jb1628jb1628 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed

But I doubt a petition is actually going to do anything, if we really want the store to close we should just boycott it and not buy anything from it.
  • LordBowdenLordBowden Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2009
    I sign with utmost glee!
  • SiminaboxSiminabox Posts: 178 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm signing.

Has ANYONE spent any real money on the TS3 store? XD
  • earthbounder64earthbounder64 Posts: 147 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sadly, there are probably plenty of people who have bought points for the Store.
    After all, there were apparently enough who bought from TS2 Store that they decided to bring it back for 3...
  • breathlessbreathless Posts: 63 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Confined05 wrote:
    Stormkeep wrote:

This.

I thought the whole idea behind not having loads of options in CAS and buy mode is because we can customize every single thing.

I don't really see the big deal, and it doesn't surprise me at all that EA has a cash option for buying items. It surprises me that they give out free points for it though, that's pretty generous.

Well, to be frank, the "completely customize" thing is a bit failing tho. Sure, we have patterns and the whole color spectrum to mess with. But that's just it, you can't extend a given table from the size of 2×2 to 3×3, you can't change any part of a car's body to look different (NFS anyone?), you can't raise or lower the height of the actual fires in fireplaces, etc - THAT's more likely would be complete customization. Having added textures to colors of objects is just one plus; if all you could do with an image in a Photoshop is color and texture it, without being able to resize or skew or frame or whatnot, wouldn't you feel somewhat frustrated?

Sure they gave us a few new options, but at what cost? Seamless neighborhood, right - but while the vanilla Sims 2 shipped with 3 neighborhoods AND with the ability to create more, Sims 3 is back to Sims 1 in this regard, coming with only one, without the option to create our owns. 45° rotation and option to turn aging off? One's been around as a hack since at least Sims 2, the other has always been around as a cheat. And so on, and so on - I've listed quite much of these issues in my review on my blog. I understand that they want to save things for EPs as well, but for the second time, it's back to the "one-or-two-object-in-each-price-category" concept with just a few too many things left out that made Sims 2 so much enjoyable through the EPs - and I'm not talking about whole concepts, just like, say, the aquarium thingy anyone? No comment. For me, it just doesn't gives off the feeling of that huge leap forward from Sims 2, that I've felt with that when compared to Sims 1, back then; it's rather the original Sims-magic (9 years old, mind you!) doing its job here, instead of the wow-effect of new stuffs. So idk about others, but if EA gets the message of "We don't care about the design tool and the ability to completely customize every object in the game, take that back and just give us more stuff." from me, it's quite right.

And giving free points is anything but generous, it's just the device to get the players addicted so they start spending their real money - pretty much done everywhere around, even in many ~free~ MMO games: free to sign up and play and here's a real good item for you to start off with, but if you want that same "real good" feeling in later levels too, you'll actually have to buy premium items for real money. Not generosity, just deceit.
  • TemariTemari Posts: 142 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /Signed Temari

Anyone care to boycott buying stuff from the store? =D
  • Smelly_MarieSmelly_Marie Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2009
    / signed Smelly_Marie

I agree; boycott the store. But even then, EA/Maxis are massive companies who probably aren't worried about losing a few hundred customers on their online store ....

It is really lame though, how they're trying to scam their loyal customers ... who stood by them and bought the hundreds of silly EP's for Sims 1 and Sims 2. Haven't we forked over enough of our money to them, and we're still getting scammed for more ?? It's sad.
  • forsakenshadowforsakenshadow Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed forsakenshadow what a ripoff this game is if there going charge us for this stuff make package like in sims 2 the stuff cds
  • BelovedRoseBelovedRose Posts: 68 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I honestly feel a little indifferent about this, but the store is lacking at the moment because the game is new still. I'm sure they will be adding more items to maybe purchase later on. You'd know that if you paid attention to the TS2 store.

If you guys are only upset about the lack of items and want to boycott it because of that... well it feels silly. Not worth it. Though they DO need more hairstyles in game.

The creators of the game are seeking a little more profit for what they do. Is that so wrong?

On another note, the idea of customizing almost anything in the game is working great, you skeptics annoy me a little.. it's like what Maxis gives you isn't enough. The game is still new. Chill. :3
  • mattynimattyni Posts: 289 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed mattyni

I do agree though that this game does have more options in terms of furniture than ever. Hairstyles no, but the objects possibilities are endless with all the patterns and colours....
  • chahtah1899chahtah1899 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /signed

I whole-heartedly sign.I think it's a bit obscene to try to fleece object-making. Perhaps they got somewhat envious of people on the net selling re-furbished objects and upgrading games with custom meshes.

]Chahtah[