Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Order for Installing sims 3 and expansions

Sorry guys, have looked everywhere and got conflicting results. We are moving shortly and my world adventures is in a box somewhere but wanting to buy ambitions. I currently have installed:

The Sims 3
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff Pack

Will I need to install World Adventures before I install Ambitions? Or will I be able to install World Adventures after

I don't want to have to buy the game again, but if I have to install WA first then I may be in a spot of bother

:)
2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Comments

• kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi, someone else will have a better answer, but I know that in Sims 2, after the base game it didn't matter if they were installed in different order, but I don't know about Sims 3. But I do have to say thank you so much. I have actually bought another copy of a Sims game because I couldn't find the first copy. I feel so good that someone else is as pathetic as I thought I was then. Of course, quickly after that I found the first copy. Good Luck, Kendra
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Kendra, I always thought it did matter in Sims 2, hence why I thought that Sims 3 would be the same. I don't really wanna spend an extra 50 bucks if I can help it, seeing though I already have it just cant get to it for a couple of weeks. Looks like I might have to be patient and wait til we unpack everything before I install ambitions just in case.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited May 2010
    I haven't been playing sims for a while, do the Sim Gurus still frequent these forums? I am hoping there is one roaming who could give me some advice on this please
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited May 2010
    In sims 2 as long as we had the base game installed it didn't matter what order the other ones were installed.
    In sims2 I only had one SP and 2 EP's.
    Those EP's were Freetime and Apartment life.

It's the same in sims3. As long as you use the most recently released pack to play there won't be any problems.
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter