Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store Not Working Today?

I purchased a set from the store earlier today and it didn't download. Tried multiple times but I'm always getting the red circle of doom. I even tried to redownload some items that I had purchased earlier. Same thing. I just downloaded the Renault a few days ago and it came to me just fine. Is something going on with the store or can someone help me out?

Comments

• Lion1Lion1 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm having the same problem! I think it isn't working today. They might be upgrading it.
  • drowssapdrowssap Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited May 2010
    i have the same problem right now, and i dont know how to fix it :(
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited May 2010
    My guess is that it is the Store. I was able to download a house from The Exchange with no problems.
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited May 2010
    It must be, because I have the same problem and I never had any trouble with store items in the past.
    edited May 2010
    iv been contacting the customer support thing about it, iv been given a few suggestions but none of them have worked so far :( if it was being updated wouldn't they of said so somewhere ?
  • evile420evile420 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2010
    thank god... i thought it was me, lol

well i guess i will try to download later... does the store have some sort of status option so we can know if it is having issues or are we to guess? :P
  • Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    edited May 2010
    Well I don't know what more to do at this point and if they're having issues, I wish they would let us know. I already have one (unrelated) problem I'm trying to get resolved. I don't want to fill up their queue with things going wrong.

What things did they suggest for you to try, drowssap?
    edited May 2010
    mostly advice iv heard other people being suggested i was linked to this article first https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22238&p_created=1244046224

and then told to
    - Quit the game, if running and completely exit from the Sims 3 Launcher.
    - Open 'My Documents'. If you're using Windows Vista please refer to 'Documents' folder instead.
    - Double-click 'Electronic Arts'.
    - Right-click on The Sims 3 folder and choose 'Cut' from the pop-up menu.
    - Close the window. Right-click anywhere on the 'Desktop' and choose 'Paste'.
    - Now start the Sims 3 Launcher. You will need to re-download the items from the store.
    - Once you have re-downloaded your items, please try to install them.

but iv done all these things and its still not working :(! im hoping they'll get back to me again
  • NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi folks,

With regards to the Store, please refer to the following message:
    From SimGuruBrent:

There is indeed an issue with the store currently and it is being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/205266.page
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thank you for the heads up Nich much appreciated.
  • CHEZL88CHEZL88 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi folks,

With regards to the Store, please refer to the following message:
    From SimGuruBrent:

There is indeed an issue with the store currently and it is being looked into. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Source: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/205266.page

Oh Good as well, it's not just me - I have had quite a few weeks now with everything working fine, so was getting used to it :wink:

Thanks for letting us know
  • miamiheatmiamiheat Posts: 20
    edited May 2010
    Atleast I know it's not my preoblem I figured it was being on maintnence still becuase I tried downloading my Simulator seat and my Dr. Pepper classic car and I also got the RedCircleOfDeath(RCOD)
  • LostaraLostara Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Whew... I thought I had a problem with the game and was almost gonna reinstall it XD

Well guess I'll have to be patient before I get my BahHaus set :)

Thanks for the heads up people!

edit: I just noticed everyone's timestamp... I do live in the future but seems the issue isn't resolved as of yet QQ