Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anybody else like me...

...that doesn't get why so many people despise Sims 3? I love it! I think that its so much fun to play! I don't see why its so hated tbh!

Comments

• jlp09551jlp09551 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    DANI3LA wrote:
    ...that doesn't get why so many people despise Sims 3? I love it! I think that its so much fun to play! I don't see why its so hated tbh!

Agreed.
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed.
  • Courtney710Courtney710 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I love it! I think its great! Of course there are a few things...but i still love it! =)

It's a lot of fun and there are some really cool new things like opportunities, moods, traits and the design tool!
  • nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited June 2009
    Most people seem to hate it because their computers don't seem to meet the requirements in order to play, but they are blaming it on the game. When I first downloaded the game it was slow as hell, and I can honestly say that I was cussing at my PC! LOL. After updating my driver it worked a little better but it was still kind of slow. I'm getting more RAM for my computer tomorrow, and hopefully a new video card... so I'm sure the game will work better. It really is a good game if your computer can run it :mrgreen:
  • mad729ifumad729ifu Posts: 329 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i think people are just looking for issues and glitches, and that's why they are finding them!

yes, there are minor things i'm noticing here and there, but it doesn't make me hate the game!

i love it! =] =] =]
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2009
    And some people don't like it because the gameplay is different from the Sims 2 and it takes them out of their comfort zone.

I like the game, myself.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • RagingRaging Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love it!

I've hearad people say it's 'bare'.

Duh, it just came out- that's what expansions are for.
  • LoxlyLoxly Posts: 152 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm liking it too. I just, currently anyway, have four problems. Well, 3 are just minor anoyances really.

1] Animations are choppy. Mostly when the Sim is zooming a round in a car.

2] Some objects show up as just blank meshes or invisable if I zoom from one side of town to the other.

3] "Ultra-Speed" is a bit slow for me.

Those three I was especting though since my PC is 5 years old with a 4 year old Video Card.

The major problem I am having is that the Sound is all garbled. Just like if I was playing music through iTunes. That started 2 years or so ago. Should really get a seperat sound card for the thing.

So, basicly, I think the game is really good so far. My PC just sucks. :shock: :P
  • cheryllgrahamcheryllgraham Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My computer meets every requirement to play this game, and then some. The fact is, there is a speed problem. The fourth option (the option to speed right through your sim's current action) is no faster than ultra-speed. Which, I might add, is no faster than normal speed. All speed options seem to run at the same pace. There is a problem with the game.

Other than that its a great game, if you have all day. :?
  • johnyviijohnyvii Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Love the game, but I feel a bit hemmed in by some of its features. I also don't like the pumpkin-head syndrome my sims seam to have. It is a great game though, fun to play for sure!
  • pinksparklezpinksparklez Posts: 27 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree its mostly a getting used to it thing and computer not up to par thing...I love it but I have to agree on the speed thing (though that could be a fault of my computer) ...It makes me wonder if thats why simsocial made us wait 10 min/4 hr for the sims to sleep...
  • AaliyahBAaliyahB Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    :( I f i could play the game i paid for then maybe i would have an opinion on weather it good or bad.BUT it crashes my system at the load screen Im not happy at all with it did any of you down load it or did you all buy it from the shop? As far as systems go unless its uses more than 8G of DDR3 ram Quad core processor and more then 2 terabytes of hard drive space and requires more than a 1g nivida graphics card and yes all my drivers are up to date I think theirs nothing wrong with my system and something VERY wrong with the game!!!
  • DaBossLadyDaBossLady Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's definately a great game. I think it just didn't build up to the hype. The whole exploring the community thing isn't that great. Everything else is. BUT I really hate that we can't fast forward. I feel like I'm waiting most of the time...
  • SimmerOfSimsSimmerOfSims Posts: 298 New Member
    edited June 2009
    DANI3LA wrote:

Agreed. I like the game. Some people out there don't understand that it is just the base game.
  • maddiebellamaddiebella Posts: 392 New Member
    edited June 2009
    everyone is so used to like 15 different ep's and a boatload of cc. give it like 2 months and everyone will be showing off their sims with trendy outfits, LOL.
  • PhantasyGurlPhantasyGurl Posts: 185 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Change alot are not use to the newness of a whole new era. Simple. People hate change and rather stay to what they are use to.
  • yourlegsgrowyourlegsgrow Posts: 200 New Member
    edited June 2009
    A million times agreed! I can't get enough of it and I'm excited to see what additions they make as time goes on.
  • DaleHowell15DaleHowell15 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I must also agree. Prior to release I had believed it would be like Sim city societies, a dumbed down extremely simple version of a great game. After playing for a few hours last night, I believe it's passed my expectations and is pretty good actually. Could do with more social interactions but those will probably come later down the line. Yey for TS3! :D