Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ch-ch-ch-cheats anybody?

Hey I just found the page in the sims 3 guide (#39) With CHEATS!!!
So here they are for the ppl too lazy to either buy the guide or google it :P (jk)

*To bring up cheat menu pres the following keys all at once*:
Ctrl-Shift-C

General
Help - Lists all commands

enableLlamas [on/off] - Gives a message that says, "Llamas enabled"

jokePlease - Posts a random (and silly) joke on-screen

fullscreen [on/off] - Toggles between full screen and window modes

resetsim <firstname> <lastname> - Resets the named sim with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports back to sim

fps [on/off] - toggles frame rate indicator

quit - exits game

TestingCheatsEnabled - Enables cheat functionality
Money & Lifetime points

kaching - Adds 1,000 simoleons to active households funds

motherlode - adds 50,000 simoleons to active households funds

freeRealEstate - as it says, no cost for housing

shazaam - Gives 2,500 happiness points to active Sim

Build & Buy

moveObjects [on/off] - Same as Sims 2

constrainFloorElevation [true/false] - Allows all terrain adjustments regardless of objects, Sims, and other structers on them. Walls, floors, and objects will move with the terrain, allowing you to create sloped walls and floored hills. However, placing new walls/floors will still flatten terrain, placing objects will still require the terrain to be flat intialy if the objects normally require it.

disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt [on/off] - When on, objects will not snap to slots when holding Alt

Visuals

hideHeadlineEffects [on/off] - Hides all meters and effects in the game such as plumbbob and skill meter.

fadeObjects [on/off] - Toggles weather objects fade when the camera gets close to them

slowMotionViz <level> - Puts the game in slow motion. Optional parimeter value 0 =Normal speed and 8=Slowest

snapObjectsToGrid [true/false] - Toggles how objects snap to grid. If true, behavious is normal, if false objects will NOT snap to grid, and only will when holding Alt

snapObjectsToAngle [true/false] - Toggles how objects rotate. True = Normal behaviour and False = Objects do NOT snap to the 45 degree angle and only will while holdin Alt

Sims
(now i think, but i dont know having not tried out the cheats myselfy yet, but i think all the following cheats are avaliable when you type in the "TestingCheatsEnabled" cheat into the Cheat window, and all you have to do is click on the sim/career building/mailbox)

Modify Traits - (yes there is a space) Interactn to bring up a Trait-modification window.

Add to Household - add active sim to current household

Set Age - Set the age

Edit in CAS - Take the sim back to the CAS and allows you to make physical and personality changes

Career Buildings

Force Opportunity - Click on the career bulding you work at and force opportunity

Force Event - Click on a career building to give you a random career event

Force All Events - Click on a career buliding to show all events for the career consecuitivly

Mailbox

Force Service Sim... - Force a spicific service for a sim to show up

Force Visitor - Force neighbor to show up

Make Me Know Everyone - Makes the current selected Sim know every other Sim in town and sets as aquantiance

Make Friends For Me - Make a few random friends for the selected Sim

Set Career... - Give the Sim any career at ANY level

Make Happy - Set the mood/moodlets of everyone in the house to perfect. Remove all negative moodlets.

Make Motives Static/Dynamic - Make Motives Static/Dynamic for the entire household

Hope you all have fun! and Happy Simming

***ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE OFFICIAL PRIMA SIMS 3 GUIDE***

Comments

• Options
    EilonwynnEilonwynn Posts: 309 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Fair warning: quite a number of these do not work at all.
  • Options
    bsch1manbsch1man Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2009
    how come they don't work?
    :?:
  • Options
    jlp09551jlp09551 Posts: 157 Member
    edited June 2009
    Eilonwynn wrote:
    Fair warning: quite a number of these do not work at all.

They worked for me..
  • Options
    ArweynnArweynn Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I tried shazaam several times, gave me something along the lines of "No Such Cheat"
  • Options
    lovekristinaxlovekristinax Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i cant even get the cheat to come up pressing ctrl shift c nothing
  • Options
    sheriii03sheriii03 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    help someone?
    I can't get the cheat thing to come up when I put in Ctrl+Shift+C.
    Nothing happens.
  • Options
    GoIdieGoIdie Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Some people have recommended holding down the windows key while also press CTRL + Shift + C.

And yes, a lot of those cheats don't even work. I have tried over and over to get the "Edit in CAS" cheat to work. It just won't happen.
  • Options
    lovekristinaxlovekristinax Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ok for those it doesnt work i found the solution shirt ctrl window key which is the four squares symbol then c

works perfectly good luck
  • Options
    sheriii03sheriii03 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you guys!!
    it worked once i pushed Ctrl+Shift+C AND the windows button =]]
  • Options
    Yuki123Yuki123 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Hey, How did you get the bar thing to come up?
    I know this is stupid, but is the windows button the one with the flag picture?? Do i press it too??
  • Options
    SymbelinaSymbelina Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Another disappointment? After all this time, no sandbox mode. I use money cheat and try to ignore the career thingys and I guess I can try unclicking the story progression but still...I wish I had a way to really customise how much the sims have to do to get by. 10 boyfriends? Five careers, or whatever? I don't want this GAME to feel like a second JOB.

Oh well...there are some good things too, but right now the disappiontments are the more obvious.

I wish they had at least made a 'millionaire' cheat. Giving each family 50,000 over and over til they have a few mil so I can build or buy what I want....is tedious.
  • Options
    summerbreezesummerbreeze Posts: 32 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yes I am having trouble with most cheats, thank God it does take the motherlode cheat, and the moveobjects but that is all I can get it to take :( My game will not take the testingcheatsenabled true or false, I tried typing it all diferent ways and nothing, tells me it is unknown. Grrrr!!!!
  • Options
    AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    ARRGHH! DON't SHOW THE CHEATS!@! IT'S TOO TEMPTING TO TURN THE SIMS 3 FROM A RL INTO A SANDBOX!! ARGG!!! THE TEMPTATION!
  • Options
    Aurelia_MezaAurelia_Meza Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ok the cheats I have done in the game that worked for me was:

Motherlode ---> while playing with my sim chra

I found that testingenabled :?: doesn't work BUT testingenabled true does but if works when your playing with your sim. not in the nbhood tho but when holding down shift key on the mailbox only like 4 options show up. Not really trilled:x about that shift on the new paper, sim and other Sims have not yet show nothing yet will check again today when I get home.

Familyfunds johndoo 1000 does work ----> while playing your sim chra but have not work out side in the nbhood screen.

Well that all I tried so far hope that it can help someone.
    :D
  • Options
    AngelzAngelz Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2009
    oh yea,
    anyone knows how to get your sim back? X.x" apparently i deleted my sim with the moveobjects on cheat and they didn't come back.. spent the whole day playing and didn't save.. and when i save and loaded the game again, it brought me to the neighbourhood screen where i had to choose another household to play D:
  • Options
    NefertirievyNefertirievy Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll have to try these out when I get home and play later...I know motherlode works, I used that immediately, the other's I havn't had time to play with yet.

But will be interesting, I've got the CE, so I'll post what works for me when I try later!
  • Options
    carlythekewlcarlythekewl Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I know in the sims 2 you had to type
    Boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    This could be different, I haven't tried it
    Just letting ya'll know. c:
  • Options
    SimChick1016SimChick1016 Posts: 8,609 Member
    edited June 2009
    Something I learned from experience, if you happen to type the wrong cheat and the big box comes up, I happened to have done this and couldn't control my sims at all; Just press Esc and the box thing should close. XD
    Happy Simming! o:)
  • Options
    GoIdieGoIdie Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone had success with the "Edit in CAS" cheat?
  • Options
    Hana_BorealisHana_Borealis Posts: 347 New Member
    edited June 2009
    What is the exact cheat for shutting down progression outside of your family? I must be reading past it, because I've heard it mentioned.....
  • Options
    Princess_CarlyPrincess_Carly Posts: 128 Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anybody know if there is a cheat like "maxmotives" from Sims 2? It isn't mentioned in the Prima Guide, but just wondered if anyone had heard of one? I try not to use too many cheats - but sometimes they are needed to prevent death or a complete mental breakdown!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

• Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    edited June 2009
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/5835.page

I started a Cheat too and I found that at the main menu when you click on what house and sim(s) you want to play then bring up the cheat box type this exactly
    testingCheatsEnabled true

then enter
    then go and play that house and sim(s) then you right click on the mailbox and some baloon shows many things to do, the one for motives all I see is static no dynamic,
    right click on sim and you get 2 diffrent things to do like taking them back to create-a-sim, forgot the other on right clicking on a sim!
    shazaam dose not work on sim nor mailbox I did not try news paper yet! but those 2 cheats I would use, mostly motives cause I am keeping her up just to get through many things! Anyways hope this helped you all too!
  • Options
    cafemocha1124cafemocha1124 Posts: 104 New Member
    edited June 2009
    actually i've been doing pretty doing not using cheats, except motherlode because i really like setting up the sims houses. but other than that i'm on my own. i'm afraid to use the testingcheatsenabled cheat. because once i start i know i wont be able to stop. that's when i got less interesting in the sims 2
  • Options
    lonley577lonley577 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is there any cheats for aging i can't get it to work