Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims keep disappearing ...

Comments

• Sims3roxursxxSims3roxursxx Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    hello, my sims keep dissappearing! I had a family of 7, and their were twins in the family, emma and emily, and I made them both move out of their mum and dads house, they both got married, and had a child, so I wanted the mum Jasmine to go visit emma, but emma wasnt in her contacts, or her husbands contacts, she wasnt even in the friend list when she used to be bestfriends with her mum! and her household is gone, I looked in the graveyard, she wasnt there, she has completely gone! and so has her brother Kent, and I cant find them anywhere! because I made them move out, then I went on their older sisters family, Olivia, and she wanted to go visit emma aswell, but she wasnt there, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME! her family is dissappearing! :( :shock: :? :!: :oops: :?:
  • kenckurkenckur Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    This happens to me too but in a diffrent way, First anything in the pool (Ladders, Bottoms, Walls, and Sims) Disapper Akward? :shock: Also in CAS If I click the "Looks" Tool My Cpu crashes... and its driving me crazy! :evil: :thumbdown: My CPU Is a HP Media Center PC m1195c I think Ill have to get new CPU -_-
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2010
    I have had this game since it came out. I play every single day, 7 days a week, and have never once had a Sim disappear. Yes sims households that I am not playing do move out of town and depending on the world size you are playing there is a population controller in the game that will kill off all age Sims in other households or move whole families out of town when you are approaching the ceiling of allowed Sims. Don't forget in Sims 3 ghosts also count as Sims to the population controller. Once sims "move out" there is no getting them back because basically the game destroys them. You have no control over the households you are not playing at the moment and all kinds of things can occur in those households just the same as in households in your real towns in real life.

But to have a Sim just vanish from view I have to wonder if you are perhaps using third party CC in your game because if it is not kept updated to every patch and every time you install an ep or sp, it can conflict with your game and create all sorts of strange problems.

But I have all patch and got both WA and HELS when they came out, and I use absolutely no content in my game but EA content. I have a real lot of the EA store stuff, but never download anything off the exchange as many of that CC is corupted or bad CC.

Ohand I don't know where that Sim got the ceiling as 50 Sims unless she is playing a really small CAW world, but as far as I know Sunset Valley is still allowing Sims in my town to up to about 144 - 148 without killing off a lot of sims or moving out families. Riverview is a bit less as there is not as many houses etc, but I still have over 100 Sims in Riverview without excessive deaths or moving out.

I also know without any third party CC I have had no problem reach 10-11 generations of my families in both town, and all are still intact the last time I played either town. I do back up my entire neighborhood every night before I play and store it on my flash drive just in case the hoods gets corrupted, but to date has not been a problem. I also do not get any save errors, or freezes, or lags and save take approximately 20-25 seconds

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• klarasonklarason Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I only installed the Sims3 game on a brand new computer and nothing else.

My sims have all disappeared. I don't know how EA could sell this to people. It's broken. This game isn't even worth playing at all anymore.
  • edited June 2010
    My sims always dissapear! Sometimes if they have a baby and u dont have a crib, they dissapear. If your sim that dissapeared is above the age of toddler and another sim knows them, u press SHIFT CTRL and C at the same time,type in testingcheatsenabled on and u invite the missing sim over you can press Shift and click on them. THen press make active member.

Hope it helps :)
  • keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    edited June 2010
    That happened to me too. First it started with the profile box. The sims picture was gone. Then the box was gone along with the sim. When i moved someone else out, it said that she was still there. Be she ISNT. I don't know how to fix it.
  • sarasayshisarasayshi Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2010
    Why is this issue not fixed yet? This thread started a year ago and yet sims are still disappearing.

I had one single male sim named Dan. I was working Dan through all the WA quests and after he was about halfway through Egypt's quests, I decided to start playing another family in the neighborhood. I started playing the family which was a single mother in which Dan was the "donor" to a toddler. After a few hours of playing as the single mother family, I noticed that when I clicked on the toddler's family tree it showed Dan was grayed out, as if he had died. He did not show up in the mother's friends list so she could not call him or invite him over. I went to the graveyard to see if I could organize the dead in the mausoleum but his tombstone was not available. he had disappeared with no trace.

I reloaded an earlier saved game to see if i could restore Dan and I was successful. only I was behind on the WA quests I had already completed, obviously. i played Dan a little bit again and later I tried playing as the single mother again. This time Dan and his lot had completely disappeared.

Once again I had to reload an older save to restore Dan. I really had Dan progress to nearly finish all of Egypt. Then one day I had Dan keep an eye on the single mother's house. Every time he went over to visit, the child was never home and was missing. I finally played as the single mother to see if the kid had died. he had not died but he had just disappeared from the lot entirely.

These disappearing sims glitches are really getting annoying and make it not even worth playing the game anymore.
    Youtube Channel
    Sim Gallery ID: SimGemini
    Follow me on: Twitter & Instagram
    edited June 2010
    According to EA they have fixed it as much as they intend to because they want the game like real life, where Sims move out and move into towns, and families change houses when a house no longer meets their needs or else moves out of town. Unfortunately in this supposed fix it seems that now the victims of the towns population controller are mostly newborn and toddler aged sims born in the game, BUT in households you are not playing. They apparently believe there is less disruption to the game itself to wipe out these youngsters because 1- they have less chance at interacting with sims outside their household (they cannot be co-workers, friends etc) and because they can grow up and eventually add to the games population the game just eliminates them. If you read the daily paper, it will list babies who "accidently died" the day previously. But considering they are basing Sims 3 on real life, in real life a town that has so many infant accidental deaths would be highly suspect of having a bigger problem.

But all that aside, in order for the game fixes to be apparent you must have all patches installed and story progression on - and apparently not concerned with how many of your sims neighbor have a lot of dead babies.

I find it a bit distasteful, and wondered why they didn't just eliminate more ghosts and elders as I understand the population controller counts the full body ghosts - the one you can interact with - the same as a living sim. So apparently now that number of newly made ghost will go down, as you will no longer find urn or gravestones for citizens of your town that die when you are not playing their household unless the ghost is from one of the town prominent citizens. Supposedly any household you have ever had as an active household is supposed to be protected from the controller moving them out of town or killing them off, but like I said you need all the patches as they made these changes over a couple of patches, so if you are missing part of the fix, you might still have the problems. I notice in Sims 3 that getting the newest patches does not give you all the fixes in previous patches like it did in Sims 2 (up until BV anyway), so missing a patch can make you miss an actual fix.

But on a new note, this has nothing to do with the newest reported problem where sims have not moved out or died, but just seem to vanish. Honestly I have not experienced this yet (knocks on wood), but enough people have reported this issue just since the pre-Ambitions patchand with Ambitions. And this seems to happen with Sims they are actually playing, not in households they weren't playing at the time. Yes it is possible CC can be one culprit, but there are enough people reporting no CC in their game and still having this problem - which I believe seems to be what the newest post on here are about and not the population controller incidences first wrote about.

It's the same thread, just different problems and causes, only there is no solution to this newest problem yet.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• sarasayshisarasayshi Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2010
    Writen-reg, is there a way to tell if you have all the patches? I do not have mine set on automatic updates since I do not like to install the latest patches immediately after release. I usually wait a month or so after a release to get any bugs fixed. I do have version 2.7.7.006001.
    Youtube Channel
    Sim Gallery ID: SimGemini
    Follow me on: Twitter & Instagram
  • nerd98nerd98 Posts: 1
    edited June 2010
    My sim disappeared and never returned, he kept getting sadder and sadder.....
    Anyway he(his name is Sarus)acts like he was never there,he's still in the household but just NOT THERE :x "sigh".
    mysig_714706026.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SanitzSanitz Posts: 5
    edited June 2010
    I just had this issue. It started when my sim was exercising and I noticed he was exercising in his normal everyday clothing. I knew that could'nt be correct so I sent him to the dresser to ''plan outfit''. In the ''create a sim'' mode when entering the dresser, no sim appeared. Even after exiting the dresser, my sim was completely invisible. I was still able to do tasks but the sim itself didn't show up. I tried exiting the game and going back in, the select a household menu showed the picture as having no family members there... It would load the game, show the house for about 2 seconds and then kick me out of the game.

I've had this family for 5 generations and two of my sims are at the top of their career. Please help me.
  • jelbutlerjelbutler Posts: 2
    edited July 2010
    ^^^I'm having issues with disappearing Sims as well. At first it started with the babies. I have one Sims who had a wife and child; however, he decided to travel to Egypt one time alone and came back and the baby was missing. So, he and his wife decided to adopt (hoping that the missing baby would be given back to them--that was what used to happen in previous Sims games when a baby was removed from the home), but they got a completely different child. Then it happened again, he traveled to China on an assignment and came back and the adopted child was gone. What's going on?

Now the wife has disappeared, although not in the same manner as the children. The husband went on a trip and came back and the wife was invisible. She hasn't disappeared--the only thing you can see is the green diamond above her head. Even her portrait in the Sim Panel is invisible. She was nearing the top of the gardening hobby and I'd really like to continue playing her.

Does anybody know what I can do? Is there some sort of patch that I can download to get these characters back?
    edited August 2010
    Sarasayshi, yes you can see what version of each game by finding the sku of each one in the c drive under program files, electronic arts, the sims 3 and check each ep and sp you have. You look in each ep under game, then bin and look for the file that says skuversion.txt

These are mine -
    The Sims 3 - 1.14.11.007001
    WA - 2.9.10.007001
    HELS - 3.5.8.007001
    Ambitions- 4.2.32.007001

In dreams - I LIVE!

• mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I have been having this happen quite regularly since installing the expansions. A few days ago it was one of my sims toddlers. Today it was my sim who I have been playing diligently. I had just made him into a ghost brought him home for a few days, saved and exited. When I loaded up an hour ago I was happy to see him and is family at the Saved Games Menu but when the game loaded he was completely gone. Went back to the saved game menu and he wasn't in the picture there anymore either.
  • joliemarionnettejoliemarionnette Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    I made a sim a while back - she had a baby and was living with Dustin Langer-whatsisname, and I noticed problems a couple of days ago when she would be sitting, sleeping or having a bath and she would periodically appear to stand up.
    Then yesterday, she had a shower and then all her clothes had gone and she was completely naked and I couldn't fix it. I tried restarting the game only to find that she has completely disappeared from the household - though what's even weirder is that she still appears in the family photo in the main menu
    I started a new town before creating her so the baby is the only new addition to the town so I don't think it's an overpopulation thing
    I'm really sad and I'd quite like her back!!!
    any advice is appreciated
    xxx
  • SanchoMontoyaSanchoMontoya Posts: 5
    edited August 2010
    My problem is with disappearing elders from the family I am playing. If I save a game and try to load it later, the oldest elder is just gone. They show up in the save game image, but once that saved game is loaded, they are gone. Has happened now with 4 different sims - all since the Ambitions patch. What the !@#$ is going on with EA and this problem?
  • xoxosarahoxoxxoxosarahoxox Posts: 2
    edited August 2010
    My sims had a child and it is invisible. I can still do everything with it (change diaper, feed, play, ect.) but it is just completely invisible and after the child was born my game got all glitchy.
  • DogBreathDogBreath Posts: 88
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if this has to do with having 64 bit windows. I too have never had this problem, but my wife's laptop constantly has it. She's on window's 7 and I'm on vista.

I KNOW it's not mods as my wife never even plays online. She has never downloaded a mod and relies on me to be sure the game is up to date. She has never even downloaded an exchange object (I have for her, but only when I first set it up.)

There is, however, some hope. There's a mod out there called "debug enabler" by NRAAS industries (this should help your google searches for it) written by twallan.

It has an option on the city hall to fix invisible sims (I don't exactly remember what the option is.) I downloaded/installed this for my wife and it fixed her problem.
  • UBFunkaneerUBFunkaneer Posts: 367
    edited August 2010
    My SimBot has vanished...

It happened to one of my favorite sims also, but I managed to notice it before I saved. Tory the robot wasn't so lucky...
  • KahrisKahris Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2010
    I had that before. My sim guy Fernado like held the mixing bowl to cook mac and cheese then when he is in bed he goes up and down all the time when asleep. When teaching his toddler daughter he goes up and down all the time. He just got the pan stuck like it was invisible.
  • Lizi64Lizi64 Posts: 69
    edited October 2010
    My mum, dad and one of my triplets have disappeared. I wanted to cry! The mum, dad and triplet's face disappeared and their heads wouldn't show up when I clicked on stuff. The game was getting really slow so I quit and re-entered. Now their gone :(
    If someone knows how to get them back PLEASE TELL!
    And also, the up and down thing happened to me to. Only when the guy went up while he was sleeping, he didn't sleep, and the he automatically went in front of the bed (its hard to explain, sorry) It was really annoying because he couldn't sleep. it was also weird, because when he slept in a single bed he was ok.
  • twihartytwiharty Posts: 3
    edited January 2011
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:It's Obviously a wierd *** glitch!!!!!!!!!!
  • CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 59
    edited January 2011
    I have the exact same problem as abs014000 who posted on the first page. My game crashed and ever since then some of my sims disappeared in my household. All of them can still be controlled except one of the invisible ones. She stays in the same place.
  • flattrflattr Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Been having the same problem, only workaround I have come up with (hope it helps somebody) is:

1. Save your game often and haveat least 3 - 5 rolling backups
    2. After they disappear, load your last stable game, put everything you want to keep into your family inventory, sell all your properties, ect.. Go to edit town and save a copy of your FAMILY ONLY
    3. Start a new game and place your copy of the family where you like...
    4. Be prepared to do this often

You can try the shift-ctrl-c resetsim <simfirstname simlastname> but this hasnt worked well for me .... it resets the sims just fine but then the game hitches and also there is a high likely hood of them locking/disappearing again.

I also read that turning off story mode works also but havent tried it yet. Will test it out than repost results.
  • MsTeaeraMsTeaera Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    same exact thing is happening to me right now it is so fustrating