Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am i missing?

sorry if i am posting this in the wrong area but i am very new... i have found some GREAT sims on the exchange and would love to add them to my game, however when i load them, they dont look very much like the screen shots that are presented.

i am guessing this is because i am missing some meshes or skin replacers of some sort but none of the downloaded sims comes with a read me or instructions about what else i might need.

can anyone help me?

the sims i tried to download are made by Maluccio and is called MisteryNight. If anyone can help me with what i might me missing that would be wonderful.

if i am in the wrong area, let me know and i will move my question.

Thanks!

Comments

• Kaliko103Kaliko103 Posts: 9,402 Member
    edited May 2010
    Most likely they contain custom content (hair, skin, etc) that is not in the game. To have them look like the sim in the picture, you would need to have the same custom content that the uploader used. If you post a link to the upload people might be able to tell you where you can find the Custom content.Hope this helped.
  • evile420evile420 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited May 2010
    thanks!

here is the link to the download i tried most recently:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2330757

any help i can get would be awesome

thanks in advance!
  • SunniSweetyxoxoSunniSweetyxoxo Posts: 633
    edited May 2010
    No matter what u downlode the sim wont look exactly like her (Maluccio edited the pictures a lot) I kno it sucks how people do that
    edited May 2010
    that makes sense, thanks!

another related question though... is there any way to know what is required for for a download before i install it? like is there a read me of what is required for this or that sim to work on your game?
  • krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    edited May 2010
    There isn't an easy way to list the CC on a downloadable Sim, as far as I know. But, Simmers around here are very good with their CC, and I've noticed that they can often point out where hair and eyes and clothes come from without having been the person to make the sim. I think if you found the Sim you wanted and posted a thread (sort of like "What do I need to make this Sim?") that people around here would definitely help you figure it out.
    edited May 2010
    sorry for the late reply, me and my pc are not seeing eye to eye latly... lol

thanks for the help! now i just need to sort what i downloaded and try to see what i am missing.

thanks again!