Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

8 PERFECT Plants Gardening Tutorial

magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
A Small and Quick Gardening Tutorial: To get you to the Perfect 8 Plants and make Money at the same time.

This is the way I do Gardening with NO Money Cheats.

My Sim sleeps in a Luxury Tent, has a small Kitchen with a Hand Basin, Book shelve, Dining Table and a Bathroom. You can add a TV, PC or whatever you want to. You can start with a Complete house if you want to. But I usually buy a
60 x 60 Lot. Then I have little money left.

At the Start of each day:: Let him use the WC (Full Bladder or not), have Breakfast and start as clean as possible. If he needs to shower, let him shower. But you will finish a bit later that day.

I give my Gardener the following Traits: Green Thumb, Workaholic, Handy, Angler and Natural Cook. The 3 Most Important traits are: Green Thumb, Handy and Angler (Fish is a Great Fertilizer)! The other Trait/s, I pick randomly, depending on what I want.

Then as soon as he has 20 000 points I get the Super Green Thumb. I don't use the points on other things till he has The Super Green Thumb. Then your Sim is working at his maximum speed for each skill level he is on.

Remember: When you have 8 Perfect Plants and he has reached his LTW: Get rid of all the Plants and only Plant Garlic, Life Fruits, etc. These Plants gives my Sim the Maximum Revenue. This enables you to scale down Completely, to the size you want for the money you want to earn each day. I do keep 4 to 6 Apple trees and 4 to 6 Tomatoes, only for Fertilizer.

Now, How to get the 8 Perfect Plants easy and without working from Dawn till Dusk:

Remember to start small: 2 to 4 plants of the type of plant he can plant to start with, then you get him to attend a class or 2 on Gardening. Read Gardening as often as possible. This way he Increases his Gardening Skill Fast. Then as he gets the ability to plant other Types of Plants, you let him plant 2 to 4 of each day, depending on the Number of each Type of plant you want. Do the same in between the, Gardening skill Learning, with Handiness, so that he can Upgrade the Sprinklers as soon as Possible. After he/she reaches Level 3 to 4 of the Gardening Skill, you can let him stop the reading.

Never plant all your plants on the same day. Example: If you want 4 Apple Trees,4 Lettuces and 4 Tomatoes, you will plant 1 of each today and one of each every day till you have planted 4 of each. If you want more! Say you want 8 of each: Then plant 1 of each for the next 8 days.

This way all your plants won't die the some day, nor want to be Fertilized the same day nor do some carry produce everyday. (Garlic for example doesn't bare produce everyday.) This means your workload for each day is more evenly spread. I sometimes skip a day of gardening. Usually Sundays.

Don't say "Tend To Garden". Rather let him: Harvest, say Monday, Tuesday: Harvest and Weed, Wednesday: Harvest and Fertilize, Thursday just Harvest again and so on.

This way I get 1 Sim to Tend to 60 to 80 Plants from 6 am till about 2 Pm, depending on what he has to do that day. Some days takes longer, other days is shorter.
Then he goes to the WC, a Shower, Collects Seeds, Gems, Bugs, Social or whatever you want him/her to do.

To help with his Lunch time Hungriness: I 'Serve' a meal the night before and have him eat Left overs for Lunch or just some of the Fruit in his Inventory. Do not eat the Expensive Fruits and Vegetables. Eat Apples/Tomatoes/Lettuce/etc.

Plant Died: Now What?: Replace all plants with the best plant of it's kind, in your Inventory.

Fertilizing: Click the 'Fertilize with best'... option.

I hope this helps you Folks who Loves gardening but find it takes too long each day. AND: Those who do think gardening takes to long and is not interested in this 'Career'.

You can easily earn 10 000 Simoleons on average per day and not work your Sim to death. 'Retire' sooner from your 'work', if you save some Money and go on all the Trips etc. while your friends, of the Same Age is still working in their respective Careers.

PS: I always keep 10 to 15 Plants even after I've 'Retired'.. Life Fruit is worth 100 Simoleons each, when Perfect, Garlic is 64.

Comments

• MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited May 2010
    When you told me about this I tried it. It really works.
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'm glad it worked for you MerryWiddow.
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited May 2010
    Thanks so much for this info. I'm going to try this out asap.
    It seems very helpful. :D
  • Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Magic babes.smiley-love009.gif

This is very helpful hun, thanks for sharing this info..
    I will try it sometime..

Hope you are doing ok?..
    And hope you had a swell weekend :wink:

Bye babes, hugs
    Love Zinda smiley-love009.gif
    edited June 2010
    Hi Zinda

Oops.... I actually forgot about this Thread.

I'm sorry for only answering you now.

TY very much.
  • vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Oh, this will be very helpful. One of my sims actually spent her whole life trying to have a perfect garden. She finnaly completed her lifetome wish adn then... she died. :(
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2010
    bookmarking, thanks for the tips!
    edited June 2010
    Well I really hopes this works for you.

Start off small to be able to go look for gems/ seed/ and so on. Try with seeds until you have 2 or 3 or more money trees. They can keep u alive and running until
    you get the perfect 8.

I got 12 Perfects the other day before aging to Elder. Still had 7 Sim days to go. So I decided to keep the Life Plants and the Money trees. Made some goood money and traveled a Lot. To Be Honest, I couldn't spend all the Money.

Good luck.

Give me some feedback on how things panned out.