Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FLIP THIS LOT! (Check out the latest flip by Lightside on page 70)

Comments

• ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited May 2010
    jgg1122 wrote:
    Evergreen, your reply to my second paragraph, had no relevance to what i said. How is it fair that people, and i am not just saying me, have been waiting for their lot to be claimed since like february, and ones that were requested in april, have already been claimed? I dont really care that much anymore if my lot gets picked right away, i just want justice to be served for the people who have been waiting for three months for their lot to be flipped.

I am sorry if my original reply didnt make sense to you. Perhaps I was trying to be too sensitive in my response and I was not clear enough for you. I am thinking at this point bluntness might be a better way to go. Here is my personal opinion, as I do not speak for the team...only myself.

How is this: no one wants to do your flip. That is why you are still waiting. You can either keep waiting until someone is bored enough that they finally pick it because there is nothing else to do or you can take the hint and move on.

As to "justice" and "fairness" I almost snorted diet coke out of my nose laughing. Justice is for situations far more important than someone pouting because they are not getting something they have asked for. You didnt pay us...you asked us for a favor. I dont know how else to say this but we do not HAVE to flip your house. Plain and simple. We dont owe you anything. I am not at all pleased at having to be this blunt and harsh, but other ways of comunicating this idea to you have failed so we will see if this one works.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    Jgg-I actually was interested in your flip but I figured you would want someone else to take a crack at it since I just did one for you. We are trying to go in order of request for the most part and some flips are just waiting for questions to be answered before we can move on. If a flipper sees a lot that they really want to flip they might claim it as soon as it hits the list. Our goal is to get them done as fast as we can while maintaining quality but we do have real lives that can be quite difficult sometimes as everyone does. So if we don't go quite fast enough just try to remember that please. This is not a job!
  • AllureAllure Posts: 773 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Jgg: I don't recall any one of us promising we'd flip in chronological order so I honestly don't understand what's so darn 'unfair' about some requestors waiting more than others. It's been said numerous times already but I'll say it again... each flipper chooses a lot/flip that 'calls out to them', it simply boils down to preference. For example, a few months ago, I felt like taking on a flip so I took a look at a certain lot that had been on the waiting list for a while, but decided not to claim it in the end because I wasn't too excited about doing another ultra modern flip at the time.. so I ended up choosing a different flip that happened to be a fresh request. We specifically have this volunteering system / “freewill” when it comes to choosing flips so that flipping remains lighthearted and fun for the flippers. Otherwise it would become a chore like Ruthless mentioned (this is also why we don't set deadlines). It's just how we roll... if you're gonna get so impatient and uptight over the flip process, then maybe flipping isn't for you. Don't blow things out of proportion and make it into something it's not.
  • AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I would just like to add a little bit here. :?

We do this for fun and also to help people. Jgg, whilst I understand you are keen to see you flip taken up and completed please do understand these flips are NOT a matter of a few hours work. Depending on the size they probably take a minimum of 8 hours and for the big lots could be 20+ hours of work. If you were asking a friend to do YOU a favour for a day or a few days work, how would you ask them? Now consider how you would ask a stranger....
    How long you have waited is irrelevant imho, it has been explained enough.

Thank you also Evergreen for helping to explain :).

Now, turn that frown upside down and lets get back to the fun stuff!
    edited May 2010
    kquinn1990 wrote:
    SimEve or anyone who did my flip; I was wondering if any of you were going to upload pictures of the house you did to for on the forums, or am I supposed to do that if I want. I've seen the flipper do it so I was just wondering.
    Sorry kquinn. I almost missed your message. Once you upload your lot I will put it on the Showcase thread. What you are talking about was when a flipper uploaded a lot to their own page. In this case you will be uploading the lot so you would have to showcase it on your own thread if you choose to do that. However, I will be glad to give you the the gif slide show url I made and you can use that.
    [*IMG]http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab321/april19801/JGG Flip/kQUINN-GIF.gif[/IMG*]

You just need to remove the asterisks. Don't forget to credit the Flip Team! :wink:

laurenamandatwi

I have an update on your flip! Here are some pics of the exterior structure, interior layout and landscaping. Let me know what you think. Just remember you aren't looking at the interior design or colors just the basic layout of the interiors. The exterior is finished as long as you like it.
    I tried to keep the main elements of your home and the general feel of it while making some changes that you asked for and some that I thought added to the lot. The lake is more a pond now but I think the space feels more cozy. Let me know what you think and I will pass it on to someone else for the interiors.
    http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab321/april1980...tion=view&current=cd2e1c3f.pbw

Plimmia- I have been looking at your flip and was wondering since it is so unique, did you want it to remain a temple? I think it is a very cool idea for a lot so I just wanted to see if you wanted it just tweaked as a temple or if you wanted a whole new idea.
    Evestrider- For your flip I need to make sure you realize that we can only flip what is there. So we could change structure and landscaping but we can't add furniture since we can only flip interiors that have been furnished. I think that is what you wanted anyway but I wanted to be sure. Let me know.
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    No problem Alluim :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • jgg1122jgg1122 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I can undestand where everyone is coming from...

First, SimEve, i would love it if you would do my flip, you did an amazing job on the last one, and maybe you could even top yourself! If that is possible!

Second, KK, i never once said you HAD to do it, or that you owe me something, or that i am paying you for it, so don't assume or make up stuff that never came out of my mouth. I would appreciate it, thx.

And the whole justice part was just a way of saying that i believed it was unfair, i did not know you chose the houses because you liked them, i thought this thread was supposed to be a challenge for the flip team, not a hassle for the houses that you dont like, i find that very disrespectful. I work hard on the houses i build, and i get mad when i barely get any downloads, and when i found out about flip this house, i was so excited, becuz to me it was like a second chance for me to get more downloads. That is what i am trying to say and i dont appreciate the nastyness of your comment KK, it was very hurtful, but i can understand where you are coming from, i may have done the same thing in your case, but when you are not in someone else's shoes, you never truly know how they feel.
    edited May 2010
    I am sorry if i have upset anyone, but i had no idea that it was not in chronologicalorder. If i would have known about the flippers choosing one that calls out to them, we probably not be having the argument right now...
    edited May 2010
    UPDATE

People have been missing a lot of messages with questions about their flips and part of the reason everything is so hard to find is because we can't edit this thread atm. So from now on there will be an update list that the flippers will copy and paste to the bottom of all of our posts. This is for all of you who choose the forum as your only form of communication. Hopefully, this will help with all of the flips just waiting for answered questions. The faster we get a response, the faster we can get your flip done. If you have a message the list will have your name and a link to the post with the original message.

Jgg I was looking at your flip in game and it is unfurnished. I know that you realize that since your lot tour showed it was unfurnished. I just wanted to make sure you realize that we can't add furniture. So it would just be the structure and the landscaping that would be flipped.

***MESSAGE ALERTS***
    KQUINN http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    LAURAENAMANDATWI http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    PLIMMIA http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    EVESTRIDER http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
  • kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited May 2010
    ill make a forum later on. just one thing i may not be able to use a covershot because i cant go over like 4.4 mb the one i hace with my mac. and yes ill credit you guys

edit: I posted this edit on my iPod touch and for some reason it did not go through. I was wondering if you guys put an alarm in? My sims got robbed the first night they moved in :D LOL. I put the same family in before I asked for the flip. I saw one in the guest house. I'll just add one if there is none.
    edited May 2010
    SimEve, that is perfectly fine, doing the exterior, interior paint and etc., and the landscaping. I enjoy doing the furniture anyways!!
  • plimmliaplimmlia Posts: 238
    edited May 2010
    SimEve i would like it to stay as a temple please - if possible.
    edited May 2010
    Jgg- Ok I have that noted. You will be updated when someone has officially claimed your flip.
    kquinn1990- We passed this around so many times and the interior was so huge I wouldn't be surprised if one of the alarms was forgotten! :wink:
    plimmlia- Great! I was hoping you would say that. I think your are next on the list but I will update you for sure once it has been claimed.

***MESSAGE ALERTS***
    LAURAENAMANDATWI http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
    EVESTRIDER http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/1305/100864.page#2437326
  • Jenni_lynneJenni_lynne Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Bree, Hope all is well! Just checking in to see how the flip is coming, No rush just seeing how things are going and if you had any more questions. I am really excited for the flip and glad that I could give you something you have not done in a while.
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Jenni! I'm so sorry! I meant to get you some pictures during the week, but I was hoping to get the interiors more dialed in before I did that. The exteriors are finished (for the most part...there may be some tweaking here and there as I work on the interiors...lol, there always seems to be some tweaking up until the very end) and I am currently working through the interiors. Unfortunately with the interiors, I haven't actually completed any rooms so I don't have pictures of those yet. I'm bouncing back and forth between all the rooms as I work, trying to get the style dialed in.

Interiors always take a long time for me, but I am hoping to have some inspiration and time this weekend to further them, lol. I would really love to see your build get done by maybe next weekend. Sadly, that time frame will also depend upon how busy my weekday schedule is.

I'll be back this afternoon with some pictures of the exterior for you, if you can check back in and let me know what you think. I hope that I have been able to capture the style that you were looking for. :D
  • BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Well, I've thrown together a slideshow for you Jenni. Take a look at it and let me know what you think. I did include a small handful of interior shots for you to check out, but those are very much at a WIP stage. None of those rooms are finished. I just wanted to give you an idea of what I've been playing around with inside the house. Some of the interior screenshots are a bit dark...don't worry about that as I will be playing around with the lighting as well. In most of the rooms I have just installed a standard overhead light to help me get colors figured out, but the lighting that you see will not be the lighting that is in the finished product most likely.

A few larger screenshots:

ExteriorOverviewFront.jpg

ExteriorCourtyardGuestHouse.jpg

ExteriorCourtyardPoolEntrance.jpg

ExteriorCourtyardMainEntrancetoHous.jpg

Slideshow--Click on the picture below to view all of the pictures.

th_ExteriorFrontView.jpg

Let me know if this is what you had in mind for your lot, Jenni. I hope this is what you were envisioning. If you see anything that you are unhappy with, let me know! :D
  • Jenni_lynneJenni_lynne Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2010
    :shock: OHhhhhh Bree its absolutely beautiful! I love it! And no worries about tryin to get it done by a certin time, I dont mind waiting! Thank you so much I a so excited to get it in game lol! You have already Done an Amazing job!
  • VelterVelter Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    Hey guys i know you currently have my Williams Manor on flip list but i would really like to add this one aswell.

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2253781
    Size of the Lot (30x30, 40x30, 60x60 etc?): dont be discourged but 60x60
    List the area(s) to be remodeled (building, landscaping, interior design): Mainly Landscaping , secondly interior and exterior shape and or design (interior colors big help) i suck at interior design :(
    Brief description of your job (What do you want worked on and what do you want left alone?): Mainly need landscaping done a little nicer and if you could maybe a little nicer basement - if anything moves you for interior or exterior structures feel free to express your self im not that great i dont believe in exterier design.
    List any store items you have/want included: I really tried to keep this bare as far as store items as i want everyone to have an ability to download and use this with only the basic items that came with the Sims 3 and any Free store items available.
    Does the lot require World Adventures (YES/NO): NO - dont have it anyway :(
    Pictures of the lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2253781 (same page as download)
    Preferred method to contact you for flip updates (this thread, PM on Builders' Boulevard/Sim Interior Designs, email, etc.): Forums
  • VelterVelter Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    wow feels like the forum has been abandoned a little :(
  • EverestriderEverestrider Posts: 297 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hay... im not really sure what you are looking for? if its the link then here it is http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1966272. Sprry for the inconvienece.

*Edit* Oh all i wanted changes was the look and see if you can move the rooms around, nock a few walls down. No furnature needs to be added!

Everestrider
  • peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited May 2010
    finally i have been able to get on.

Jgg
    i have accepted your flip but as simeve stated due to it not containing any furnishing of any kind i will not be flipping the interior on the lot. i will however add new wallpaper to the lot to match the new style but it is up to you to change it if you feel you need to. my main goal is to transform the exterior of this build. i will have an update for you in due course
    edited May 2010
    Velter wrote:
    wow feels like the forum has been abandoned a little :(

hi velter, it does seem quiet as this for me has been the only day in a while i have been able to get on the forums. don't be disheartened, although we have not posted doesn't mean we don't want to as site maintenance can intervene in our plans
    edited May 2010
    Jgg

here is what i have come up with for your lot. i noticed that you wanted the garages changed so i made the rooms above more usable and made changes so it would flow more with the rest of the build. the original had beachy sort of landscaping so i carried that over and went for a modern beach house look surrounding your courtyard which i converted into a pond.

After:

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-25.jpg

there is only 1 cc pattern used which is the slat wood pattern seen in a orange brown colour. if you don't want the cc pattern i will change it to a base game one

edited May 2010
    Hay... im not really sure what you are looking for? if its the link then here it is http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1966272. Sprry for the inconvienece.

*Edit* Oh all i wanted changes was the look and see if you can move the rooms around, nock a few walls down. No furnature needs to be added!

Everestrider

thankyou everestrider for getting back to us. i will make sure the details for the flip are updated
    edited May 2010
    Peacemaker, i love everything about the flip! It is amazing! Just one thing, i am not sure i like the gray with the brown wood(which i love) maybe tan or taupe would look better! Thanks so much again for taking my flip! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top