Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're kidding right? How in the world do you not catch this duing QA?

Comments

• cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Are you sure? Because I know in the sims 2 it was never like that. :/
  • mustsimmustsim Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Are you sure? Because I know in the sims 2 it was never like that. :/

The game automatically creates a copy of the family when you use CAS. The game does not return deleted sims to the bin. They just disappear.
    edited June 2009
    Has it happened to you? Because I don't think it makes copies...unless you tell it to. I'm not sure though, it's never happened to me.
  • jordanisthebeatjordanisthebeat Posts: 266 New Member
    edited June 2009
    mustsim wrote:

The game automatically creates a copy of the family when you use CAS. The game does not return deleted sims to the bin. They just disappear.

Where did you hear this?
    Is this source authorized?
  • AstromiciAstromici Posts: 114 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I made a girl and had her move into a house by herself...9 hrs later I found her living with three guys in her little one bedroom

Okay, that's just.. funny.
    edited June 2009
    Astromici wrote:
    Okay, that's just.. funny.

That is my favorite quote on this board! Lol.
    edited June 2009
    Where did you hear this?
    Is this source authorized?

Source: Experience

Click on the families in the sims bin option pops up: Place Copy

You can have more than one copy of your family in the neighborhood if you like.

• JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, another duplicate thread on the same subject to post in. :lol:

My games have been ok, but I have aging set to epic and storyline progression is enabled. I've played other lots in the same neighborhood and come back to my previous to find him somewhere else (in fact I did meet my other sim in town).

I was expecting it though, and it doesn't bother me. I rather like it, but I've not had any of my sims disappear as is being claimed (I can see that becoming irksome).

It's a complex system, sometimes stuff happens... they'll fix it. No big as long as it's patched in reasonable time, it isn't like they messed up doing major surgery on your family member or something.
  • ChaoticCowChaoticCow Posts: 147 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a problem if your sim is DELETED/REMOVED from the neighborhood.

If your sim just moved to a different house...get over it. Your sim hated the house. :P
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree with JPWriting. =)

Until they fix it, try and focus on one family and don't let the moving of your other sims phase you. They'll come out with a patch soon. :wink:
    edited June 2009
    I agree with Cranberry who agrees with JPWriting, lol.
    I'm just going to play my game (when I can) and deal.
    edited June 2009
    Haha! Same here Jordan, I gotta wait until my computer comes next week to play it again. Ahhh! =O
  • WIKIDSIM2K4WIKIDSIM2K4 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    yeah when you create a sim and you dont have them as the active household they basically become townies or premades if you have story progression on, if you dont like this feature turn it off. You have the power. Complaining about something we all knew or we all should of known before the game came out is a bit ridiculous.
    edited June 2009
    yeah when you create a sim and you dont have them as the active household they basically become townies or premades if you have story progression on, if you dont like this feature turn it off. You have the power. Complaining about something we all knew or we all should of known before the game came out is a bit ridiculous.

But the toggle doesn't......sigh -_-;

Nevermind...
    edited June 2009
    Aww, Cranberry!
    I will feel so guilty when I play my game, tomorrow. xP
  • LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited June 2009
    To the OP I am so sorry! I would be having a fit about now if I were you. I tend to get a little attached to my simmies. It takes hours and hours to get your house and sim just like you want it. I honestly don't know what I would do if that happened to me. I'm sure that the neighbors would hear a string of loud cussing. I just learned a lesson. I'm just going to play with one sim and hopefully when I reload the game she will still be there. Again I am sorry.
    edited June 2009
    Haaha, it's okay. =)
    Don't feel guilty, I'll get mine soon. Tee hee.
    Do you update your blog? Cause I'll make sure to read it if you do, I love hearing about people's experiences. :wink:
    edited June 2009
    Yes! I was planning on updating tomorrow, after I play my game for the first time.
    And diddo! (:
    edited June 2009
    Yay! I would sign your guestbook, but they don't have it on this website.
    Ahaha. It sucks. =P
    But anyways, I'll make sure to update mine too...a week from now. XD
  • TheUnknownSoulTusTheUnknownSoulTus Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    At the very least it'd be nice if they could make it so, when they moved out, they just moved to a different part of town... not vanished all together :c this is why I've been worried so far about my sims I'm making @_@

That and I don't want my sims having random babies out of no where.
  • janellelynnejanellelynne Posts: 402 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Isn't there an option to turn this off too?
  • TheUnknownSoulTusTheUnknownSoulTus Posts: 385 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The option is there, it doesn't work though.
    edited June 2009
    Janellelynne,
    There is one, in the game options section of the "..." menu.

Cranberry,
    You should update right now, about how you want the game so bad, lol. That's what my first two posts are about. ;P
  • jelloarmsjelloarms Posts: 129 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah i'm perfectly fine with the town continuing on, i thought that was a completely awesome aspect of the game.

Only problem is I wish it didn't move out sims that we ourselves created or are playing with. Its fine if changes are made to them but moving them out? Idk about that.

I just turned the story progession off to prevent it. I want it on so the neighborhood continues on but not because it moves sims out that i'm playing with.

What is story progression? Is that like age progression?

Basically if we don't want our Sims to move out on their own, we have to turn aging off?
  • Liltab1121Liltab1121 Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited June 2009
    LMAO PLEASE READ THIS POST:

Okay to solve your pretty stupid complaint, the developers ade the sims 3 for one family to live. why would you create multiple families? and, LOL, they seem to have taken away the role of you playing GOD to the game. Just because the game moves your sim to another home you angry hahahah, maybe the guy left because of YOU!, with that temper, i sure would :shock:
    259g3le.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top