Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FLIP THIS LOT! (Check out the latest flip by Lightside on page 70)

Comments

• Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hey Sparkle, It has been a couple of weeks since I posted my lot for a flip,
    I was actually just wondering if it was accepted or not, I know everyone has real lives and you all do this for fun! Just wondering is all! I love the work all of you do.

Hi Jenni! As Sparkle has stated, I have accepted your flip. I do have some questions for you before I begin, however (lol, I always seem to have questions...).

1. When you say you were going for a beach villa look, are you thinking "villa" as in Spanish Villa? Are you looking for something Tuscan/Mediterranean?
    2. I just want to be clear on what you are looking for as well...You would like me to play around with the landscaping, interior design, and maybe a little bit with the build aspect of the lot? Is this correct?
    3. What colors do you like/dislike? Anything in particular?
    4. Any particular room designations that you would like? For example, boy's room/girl's room, study, library, and so on? Am I tailoring this build to a specific family? I just want to meet their needs, if so.
    5. Do you mind if I use any CC patterns? How about CC objects? Or would you prefer that I stay away from them?

Alright...I think that's it with the questions for now. I'll get started on the Flip as soon as you get back to me with the details. Thanks! :D

---Bree

EDIT: One more question...What Store items do you have exactly? Do you have the Hacienda Set?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cubajennicubajenni Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    Jenni_lynneJenni_lynne Posts: 14 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Bree, I am so excited you have taken on my lot!

I think I am looking for something Tuscan/Mediterranean.
    I would love for you to play around wtih the landscaping, interior desing and the build!
    I dont think there are any colours I dont like and am excited to see what you come up with! I would def like a study and a library As for my family I have three teenaged girls (triplets) and two young Boys (twins) I dont mind at all if you use CC patterns or CC objcts As for store items that I have they are

1> Bayside set
    2>ultra youth set
    3>Hacienda Set

I am prett sure thats all I have!
    Thanks so much Bree I am really looking forward to this! let me know if you have any more questions!
  • Options
    BreanneStoneBreanneStone Posts: 831 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Perfect! That is exactly the info that I needed. I have been eyeing that Hacienda Set at the Store and have some Simpoints left that I can spend, so I think I may very well end up grabbing that one and using it here since it would suite the build so well.

If I do use CC objects/patterns, I most likely won't use much, but having that option will definitely help with my choices.

I have been fiddling around with the flip this morning and am getting close to having the build aspect of it laid out (I think, lol). Once I can get that settled, I will move on to the landscaping and interiors. You had some very nice things going on with the lot, so I am trying to incoporate as much of what you already had into what I change as much as possible. My hope is to just adjust some things to make it flow a bit better, as you had wanted as well as incorporate a few Mediterranean things into the mix to give it the Mediterranean villa look that you were wanting.

Things are going well, so hopefully I will have some pics for you to take a look at within the next few days or so. It's been a while since I've gotten to create a Mediterranean lot, so I'm having a really good time! I had forgotten how much I love these types of builds! :D
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited May 2010
    So jealous that you guys have points for Hacienda! It looks so good! I think I need to go ask my dad for some points XD
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    mightypinkymightypinky Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hello everyone,

I build this house not long ago, but something not right I want to change it. :x Anything :!: :!: :!: More modern, more fancy, bigger, I don't know! :roll: So I'm turning on you guys!! I like beach kind, exotic kind, surprise me. :D Please flip my house!!!

Flip Form

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2318948
    Size of the Lot: 40X40

List the area(s) to be remodeled (building, landscaping, interior design): Everything you want

List any store items you have/want included: I have Ultra Lounge Kitchen + Bath, Club Vaindenburger Relaxation (Den + Study), BahHaus, Gothique Living + Sleeping Rooms, Collectionne Stäncké, Explorer's Loot,
    Full Regal Living Set and some other stuff.

Does the lot require World Adventures (YES/NO): Yes

Pictures of the lot: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=206010

Preferred method to contact you for flip updates (this thread, PM on Builders' Boulevard/Sim Interior Designs, email, etc.): on my page by message.
    http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/mightypinky

Thanks a lot, hope you're gonna help me!!

Mightypinky
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited May 2010
    Evergreen, no currently you lot is still waiting but it has been accepted and is on our list.

mightypinky, I will add your lots details to our records :) However we will need someone otherway to contact you, there is no way to message you via your page as the sims 3 site doesn't have PMs. Are you able to check this site regularly for updates, or are you a member of another forum that does have a PM system?
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    mightypinkymightypinky Posts: 83 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Can you by email??? mightypinky@videotron.ca
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited May 2010
    Plimmia- I have been looking at your flip and was wondering since it is so unique, did you want it to remain a temple? I think it is a very cool idea for a lot so I just wanted to see if you wanted it just tweaked as a temple or if you wanted a whole new idea.
    Evestrider- For your flip I need to make sure you realize that we can only flip what is there. So we could change structure and landscaping but we can't add furniture since we can only flip interiors that have been furnished. I think that is what you wanted anyway but I wanted to be sure. Let me know.
    Everyone-Don't forget to check this thread for updates http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/183141.page Book mark it!!! It's the only way we can keep an updated list.

laurenamandatwi- I have claimed your flip for exteriors and landscaping. I will give you a chance to see it before I pass it to the interior designer. I do not know who that will be yet.

• Options
    VelterVelter Posts: 31
    edited May 2010
    Just curious has anyone had any interest in claiming my lot? Williams Manor... if so and you have any questions feel free to ask ive checked forums everyday since it was accepted... not to sound rude or impatient was just curious i know its a bit large and could possibly seem more tedious than fun.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks Sparkle!

You too Eve! I lost that link :D
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Velter- As soon as someone claims your lot we will inform you. You can also check the list on the Showcase thread in the link above.(Bright blue)
    Evergreen-I promise I wasn't yelling at you! :wink: Just trying to get everyone's attention! :mrgreen:
    kquinn- Here is a gif of the finished product(if you approve that is)Not everyone had time to give you an update and so I shouldn't have promised they would so that was my bad. But I think you will like it.
    kQUINN-GIF.gif
    Exterior structure/design-SimEve
    Landscaping- Allium
    Interior layout-BreanneStone
    Inerior furniture placement-Sparkle
    Interior CAS/Guest suite design-RuthlessKK
    If youapprove I will get the you the link for the lot and post this in the Showcase thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    laurenamandatwi

I have an update on your flip! Here are some pics of the exterior structure, interior layout and landscaping. Let me know what you think. Just remember you aren't looking at the interior design or colors just the basic layout of the interiors. The exterior is finished as long as you like it.
    I tried to keep the main elements of your home and the general feel of it while making some changes that you asked for and some that I thought added to the lot. The lake is more a pond now but I think the space feels more cozy. Let me know what you think and I will pass it on to someone else for the interiors.
    http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/ab321/april19801/JGG Flip/?action=view&current=cd2e1c3f.pbw
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited May 2010
    wow, that is incredible, i love it :) yes i would like a link. lol
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    sim eve. i got your message and i installed the house, and it installed what i was worried about. thanks for the gift also.

and i gifted you back, and thanks so much.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jgg1122jgg1122 Posts: 88 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I WAS WONDERING WHO WAS PLANNING ON TAKING ON MY HOUSE ZEN LOT!! I HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING AND WAITING, AND NOTHING!!!
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited May 2010
    jgg1122 wrote:
    I WAS WONDERING WHO WAS PLANNING ON TAKING ON MY HOUSE ZEN LOT!! I HAVE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING AND WAITING, AND NOTHING!!!

Well it sounds like you are upset, judging from the yelling and all. I cant speak for the whole team, but I can tell you that I only take a flip if I am interested in it or I am inspired by it...otherwise flipping would be a chore or a job, not the kindness that it actually is.

When you are asking for a flip, you are asking us to do something for you...to give you our time and energy....and when we accept a flip, we are happy to do so. What we are not, however, is obligated to do your favor just because you have asked it.
  • Options
    EverestriderEverestrider Posts: 297 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hay Everestrider here.

Im wondering about my friends house if its been flipped yet... i cant find it anywhere. If it has been flipped please may you post the URL again, if not then i will re-post the URL to the main.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Plimmia- I have been looking at your flip and was wondering since it is so unique, did you want it to remain a temple? I think it is a very cool idea for a lot so I just wanted to see if you wanted it just tweaked as a temple or if you wanted a whole new idea.
    Evestrider- For your flip I need to make sure you realize that we can only flip what is there. So we could change structure and landscaping but we can't add furniture since we can only flip interiors that have been furnished. I think that is what you wanted anyway but I wanted to be sure. Let me know. Edit- I had posted this on the last page and so I pasted it here so you might see it.
    Everyone-Don't forget to check this thread for updates http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/183141.page Book mark it!!! It's the only way we can keep an updated list.
    Jgg- Being rude really won't make anyone want to flip your lot faster will it? If you don't have the patience to wait for your flip you may not want to request any more. It's supposed to be fun and if it's not fun for you anymore(or for us) then why would you want to do it?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SimEve or anyone who did my flip; I was wondering if any of you were going to upload pictures of the house you did to for on the forums, or am I supposed to do that if I want. I've seen the flipper do it so I was just wondering.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am not getting mad, i am just very impatient, and i wasnt yelling my caps was on from a previous chat box i was on before, and kk, that made no sense, u said one thing and then basically said it again. Sorry if i offended u, and it is fun waiting for the flip for awhile, but again i get impatient very fast, as you casn tell. :?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Also, i don't understand why flips that were just recently posted in say the past few days, have been claimed when there are still quite a few from, say february and march!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    As she said, it's all depending if the person is inspired by what the flip could be turned into.

I think Ruthless_kk made perfect sense, and said two different things..

First paragraph:: As I said above:: they'll only do it if they're inspired by it, and if they think they can make something great. Otherwise, it's making something you don't want to. Think of it as school projects. No one wants to do them, right? But we still do them. Now imagine a big project, involving duct tape. Who wouldn't want to do that?! So, if someone things the flip will be a school project for them, they won't be inclined to flip it.

Now, the second paragraph. These people are volunteering their time to flip these lots, and they could close down shop right now, because they are under no obligation to do it.
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Evergreen, your reply to my second paragraph, had no relevance to what i said. How is it fair that people, and i am not just saying me, have been waiting for their lot to be claimed since like february, and ones that were requested in april, have already been claimed? I dont really care that much anymore if my lot gets picked right away, i just want justice to be served for the people who have been waiting for three months for their lot to be flipped.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I understand where you're coming from, totally.

As I said, it all depends on who is available, how many people are, and if they like the style of the home. The newer ones were claimed because the flipper liked the style. Unfortunately, your home's style hasn't caught the attention of any of the available flippers, but when it does, it's going to be snatched up in like 2 seconds, and after seeing you've been waiting for a couple months, they'll pop it out as fast as possible. These are real people with lives outside of the sims, and you can't expect it to be done within a week.
    23uvol1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top