Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adventure Loot, Pushable Statue and Dive Well Fragments

Aside from food, I can only sell adventure loot in China, Egypt or France. I can't sell loot in the regular game. Is this the way the game works?

Also, I notice pushable statue and dive well fragments can be purchased at the relic merchants. However, the parts I have in my inventory sell for zip, zero, zilch. Nothing! :mrgreen: What can these parts be used for? I know they can be reconstructed but in my game but that's only at the vacation lot or actual home. Why would I want these at home? :?: Why can't I sell them for simoleons when I loot so many? :cry: Why can't I reconstruct them at an adventure like at the Landgrabb house in France where the electrical trap keeps crashing my game? :cry:

Comments

• Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited April 2010
    i havent tried this yet but have you thought about puting the pushable statue in front of your door at night to stop burglars? it would be interesting to see if this worked
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited April 2010
    You can sell loot without being at a destination. You might get more if you sold them to a relic merchant, but if you want to sell them at home, just drag it from the inventory into the box on the left side of the inventory that sells things. That way you can clear things out of your inventory that you have no interest in collecting or showing.

Unfortunately, things like the pushable statue fragments, sarcophagus parts and divewell fragments don't sell for anything. But they can be interesting additions to your regular home or your vacation house. (I keep them in a chest that you can buy from the General merchants just in case something comes up where I'd like to have a divewell or pushable statue. I've got quite a collection since I figure that selling them is useless.)
  • DarkFireFlyDarkFireFly Posts: 1,514 Member
    edited April 2010
    If you reconstruct the pushable statue, they sell for 1000 simoleans. Everything else sells for zilch, reconstructed or not. Always has seemed silly to me.

However, all my sim families get rich without trying very hard, so I'll deal with it. Lately though, I haven't even bothered to pick up the fragments.
  • Heilena1Heilena1 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Thanks for the replies and the ideas.

Regarding the burgular, I think it would also be interesting to block an item with a statue so the bugular can't get to it, and see if he pushes it. I think I will try this. :lol:

Great idea to put the parts in a chest since I do have them in all the vacation homes. :wink:

And I never thought of trying to sell the statue after putting it together. Thanks for that info. :D
  • Sim_ple_easeSim_ple_ease Posts: 334
    edited April 2010
    i havent tried this yet but have you thought about puting the pushable statue in front of your door at night to stop burglars? it would be interesting to see if this worked

I thought of doing that, as yet haven't tried it. Has anyone else?
  • OeghwenOeghwen Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2010
    In sims 3 WA, All Fragments should be able to be reconstructed on the home lot, of the five objects that can be rconstructed ( Sarcophagus of kings, plain sarcophagus, sarcophagus of alshimra, dive well, Pushable statue) only pushable statues are worth anything on inital reconstruct ($1000) and ages like a normal piece of furniture. All others increse in value after reconstruction, personally i have a Blessed sarcophaus of kings worth $75 in one of my basements. Other than eye candy the divewell/sarcophagus's are not worth much.

To Sell Adventure loot at home one must add a 'relics registure' on a kitchen bench and then visit said merchent to sell merchantdise , unfortunately one cannot buy relics from this npc.
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010

The most likely outcome is that they'd just steal the statue :). Now putting a trap at the front door and having it arm/disarm using a switch inside the house (so your sim can set the "alarm" as it were), that would be fun :).
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited April 2010
    If the pushable statue is worth $1000, which I didn't know, the burglar will probably steal it...it fits quite nicely in their bag. :x

You could use the Carter's Display Case to get ancient coins. I did this when I had a ton of fragments, along with the broken bowls just to see what I'd get...ancient coins. :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I'll take all of your dive well fragments! I've a rather large project to finish. :mrgreen:

As for theft prevention.. I don't know. I've had thieves come to my house and steal the toilet before. I'm sure the game picks the target object(s) when it generates the events but what those targets are can be pretty random. So even if you block one thing there's no guarentee the thief won't be after something else.

It's so much easier to just put a burglar alarm outside the house. Even on both corners of the lot. They'll go off and the burglar will panick long before reaching your front door (or any door for that matter).
  • SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    bshag4lv wrote:
    You could use the Carter's Display Case to get ancient coins. I did this when I had a ton of fragments, along with the broken bowls just to see what I'd get...ancient coins. :-)

That's not a bad idea, then you can trade those ancient coins in (if you have visa level 3) for some Sultan's Tabernacles and sell those for 50,000 simoleans each :).
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    I'll take all of your dive well fragments! I've a rather large project to finish. :mrgreen:

I admire your dedication but sometimes it's a good idea to just use the cheats :). Think of it as "the right tool for the job" :).
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    As for theft prevention.. I don't know. I've had thieves come to my house and steal the toilet before. I'm sure the game picks the target object(s) when it generates the events but what those targets are can be pretty random. So even if you block one thing there's no guarentee the thief won't be after something else.

It's so much easier to just put a burglar alarm outside the house. Even on both corners of the lot. They'll go off and the burglar will panick long before reaching your front door (or any door for that matter).

Outdoor Burglar alarms are an option, you could also have a sim with "Light Sleeper" and "Brave" (preferably with high Athletics and Martial Arts skills) so that they can go and take down Burglars. Burglars are a bit stupid to be honest, I've had one stop to pose for a photo while on their way to rob my sim's house (it was the owner who was taking the photo, then he beat the Burglar up) and they will also stand and wait for your Brave sim to attack them even if the Brave sim has to drive all the way home from miles away before they start the fight :).
  • Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I admire your dedication but sometimes it's a good idea to just use the cheats . Think of it as "the right tool for the job" .

But so unsatisfying.
  • MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I was building my own tomb. I put in 3 floor switches but only one pushable statue. I placed pieces to build a second one, but you would have to bring pieces for the third with you. Then I found out you can only reconstruct them at home. I couldn't put the pieces together in my tomb so I couldn't put the statues on the switches. I was so looking forward to that.