Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who don't reach the Video Card requirements...

Dear troubled simmers, (with the same issue as I)

Since I MUST must must have the Sims 3, I had to pay for a new video card today! You might be wondering if it's worth the price. I, being a true Sims 3 fan, even though it pains me to spend all this money, had to at least attempt to try it. I'd rather be experiencing the bugs everyone else has and have a patch later to fix ALL of them...since there are so many. Hopefully I'm that one step closer.

The people at Best Buy, or wherever you prefer to go, can assist you on what kind of card will fit your computer. I was lead to the Geforce 8400 GS card. This I was willing to pay about $69.00 for, and so I did. BUT before you go have anyone installing it for $50(stupid geek squad is expensive) try to do it yourself! I actually have NEVER ever EVER looked inside a computer and played around with it, I always had someone do it for me. Determined to get the Sims 3 though I tried. I was succesful too! So rather than going off and paying for someone to do it, have a friend do it or do it yourself! So thats only about 70 dollars you truely have to worry about. I reccomend going out there and getting one yourself, even if you do return the Sims 3. My computer already sounds WAYYYY better than before. The engine isn't roaring like it used to and my room isn't being heated by the tower anymore! YAY.

So anyways, I'm going to test if this out now! I hope the rest of you whom also had the same problem will have good luck. I'll keep you posted on the success. :wink:

-Cheyenne

Comments

• RareCabbageRareCabbage Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2009
    So it is worth it? My system meets all requirements except the graphics card is a little short, but it still runs. Except it is extremely slow and I don't have that type of patience.
    Sucks that I have to buy it, though, since I also had to buy $60 worth of RAM also. :/ $70 isn't too bad...
  • vbsmw3vbsmw3 Posts: 17 New Member
    edited June 2009
    heyy rarecabbage, what kind of computer/laptop do you have?
    I'm buying a new laptop soon for college so I'm looking around.

Also, if you know anything about video cards..
    The laptop I was thinking of getting has a NVIDIA GeForce 9400
    but on the supported video cards list for the sims 3 specs, it isn't listed, nor is it listed on the ones that aren't compatible.
  • paperbags90paperbags90 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good luck ShyShy. Hope the game ends up working for you! Sadly, I can't upgrade my video card on my computer. D:
  • DarkLord7854DarkLord7854 Posts: 73 New Member
    edited June 2009
    vbsmw3 wrote:

but on the supported video cards list for the sims 3 specs, it isn't listed, nor is it listed on the ones that aren't compatible.

If it's not on the supported list, then it's not supported. Also laptop chips are always slower than their desktop counterparts.

Laptops are not built for gaming.
  • shyshy0886shyshy0886 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yay, well pretty much everything works just fine! I guess I got lucky and didn't get the bugs everyone else is experiencing. At first it was kinda laggy, but my computer got used to it and it worked just fine :):lol:
  • SeshanSeshan Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Good job, Geeks squad is a rip off. Computers are made idiot proof... Almost, getting the right part is the hardest. But if a two connections fit together, they are meant to be.
  • dozieme3Simdozieme3Sim Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    vbsmw3 wrote:

Hi! I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT and the game runs GREAT on my desktop computer. I don't know if my graphics card was listed and I don't remember seeing it listed, but it definitely works FLAWLESSLY!!!