Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Danish Island

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BRose87BRose87 Posts: 187 New Member
    edited April 2010
    well I downloadede it yesterday, but haven't yet found the time to try it out - but the comments here are pretty great, so I look forward to explore it :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2010
    Lehdkat, You will have the opportunity to get what you are seeking in the not so distant future. EA made a deal with Renault that will be giving simmers an environment pack incliding their electric car, solar panels, and working wind turbines that can be used to lower Sims electric bills. I saw the agreement on the ERTS (Electronic Arts) stock page News just a couple days ago. I think Snooty Sims also mentions this in his latest News post for Sims 3 also.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited April 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Magician - yes it worked and I didn't get any new warning from my anti - virus. Yes, before you ask I do have my Security set pretty high - so it might have been just the fact of the pop up that triggered the warning. Like I said in my last post that there was still a pop up there when I went this last time, but it was blank - instead of telling us to register or log in there was nothing there. But the bottom line that stated to click if - you never wanted to see that again - was still there. It may be confusing to people going there a first time why they see a blank pop up, but the fact it no longer said to log in or register seemed to satisfy my really tight security.

But like I said I clicked it and it went away. I had no further problem reading the forum post or following Meresims link to download her little adorable Island. Even though I don't know Danish it was not really hard to locate the Island download using the link Meresim used on your site to the Danish site.

I did run a scan of the download and my pc after going to the site - just in case - and my scan came out clean. So whatever the trigger was, it's apparently gone now. Also you have a very nice forum by the way.

I will try to find out how to get the Pop up out completely.

Thank you for the Compliment.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2010
    Meresim, Just wanted to let you know I played your world tonight and the only problem I found was Sims tend to run down the rocky clifts. It was odd that they would choose to go smack down the middle of the clift than use the sidewalk right beside it. But that was the only problem I had. I did take the island back out of my game though as it is sort of cute, but with my play style most of my Sims are the outdoorsy type so I like really nice sized yards and lots of landscaping areas as my Sims do just about everything outdoors. They are gardeners, anglers, many have tents in their yards and they do a lot of adventures - bringing home a lot of stuff - most of which is really not suited to the small lot sizes on your island. Even the large lots tend to be filled with a lot more house than I am fond of, but I am sure you will find plenty of Simmers your island will suit nicely.

On the plus side I only played the island about 3 real hours and during that time I moved in 2 different households. The game had no problem mass producing residents in rest of the neighborhood and by the time I stopped playing there were 9 other families besides my two that had moved in. I had to laugh about the army barracks as one family - a really large family of 8 sims from one adult age down to a toddler moved into the barracks. They were all kookily dressed and several were wearing the free New Years hats we got from the EA store with what looked like egyptian and Chinese outfits. It was a riot and made me laugh. Definitely not your typical family. Why they choose the army barracks over a house I have no clue though. I actually saved a copy of the family to my library they were so funny. But anyway the other 8 families that moved in were from 2 Sims to 5 sims. I can imagine at the rate they were moving in the island would be filled in no time.

Between my own two families, one was an adventure couple and the other a family with a toddler, a child, and a teen, plus the mom and dad tested out the rabbit hole buildings and nobody had any problems or complained when I sent them to the different building for skilling.

The teen girl did complain when I sent her to fish at that park near the ocean though as it was a bit rocky and she seemed to have a problem trying to cast her rod. Eventually she found a place, but it was disturbing as she was halfway down the clift, sort of standing with her heels dug into the side of the clift. So again the clift problems. I saw a similar thing when I sent the child age sim down to the beach to fish, instead of following a path he just went over the side of the clift wall and rock. Don't know why unless it has something to do with the pathing paints in those areas.

But anyway, that's about everything. The sims went to work and school also with no problems and without having to be told to do so.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited April 2010
    Writin_Reg
    Thank you so much for this thorough and nice feedback and for the lovely stories of what happened on the island
    I know I build small lots and had many houses... that the way this Island is ;)
    And about the running up and down the cliffs - I have found out myself that I did not paint enough with that "sims can't go here - paint" I hope I will do better next time.
    Happy to hear it is a playable world
    Thank You!!!