Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Danish Island

MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
I just finished a small Danish island I have been working on for some time.

If anybody here schould be interested go to "All TS3 Builders' and CAW Creators"
to see more:

http://builders.forumotion.net/showcase-f8/finally-danish-island-ready-for-download-tatara-t362.htm

Comments

• Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Watched the slideshow of your world. It looks like it turned out really nice :-)
  • auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited April 2010
    :D Yay, your Done!

Do you feel Elated? or relieved?

I've watched this develop on TS3 Builders forum. You've done such a nice job. Did you do all the testing yourself?

I'll be downloading and checking it out! :mrgreen:
  • GillieGillie Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited April 2010
    It's a cute charming world you got there.
  • magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited April 2010
    Hi there

As you know already from our Site: I love this and think you did an excellent job on it.

Good luck with it.
  • MeresimPMeresimP Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited April 2010
    Thank you all!!

hmmm Elated? or relieved? A bit of both I think :)
    It is hard work to try to make a decent world and even after that I know there will be some faults .... But I did the best I could :)

I had so much god help and support in the community of "All TS3 Builders' and CAW Creators" That was important for me in order not to give up half way done.
    So thanks !!!
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited April 2010
    Meresim, it's lovely!
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
    edited April 2010
    Thank you BSIRegina
    It means a lot to me to hear you say so :)
    edited April 2010
    Meresim, it is one that if I wasn't so swamped I would definitely download for a closer look. I may download it anyway and stash it away on my HD for when I do have time.

BTW, I added a new section the other day to CS3 for people to showcase their worlds, and it's getting a considerable amount of traffic. Basically all you need to do is create a thread with pictures of your world and a link to where it's uploaded. With the Exchange not accepting most worlds, it's extremely difficult for people to find them unless they know exactly where to look so this is one way we can help get more people to know about what's available. :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2010
    MeresimP,

I just tried your link and Pc Doctor came up that your site is bad and blocked it. I don't know why unless something bad has gotten to that site as I know I have been there before and not gotten this. I do know better than tell Pc Doctor to allow it anyway, as it has never been wrong, so I feel I ought to warn you. I do know that there have been some malicious things happening from some real above board sites ran by reputable people, so it is possible those creeps have gotten to your site. I think BSI Regina said one of her sites got hit just recently, so you might want to look into that as like I said I never got the block before and are getting it now. I even made Pc tools recheck 4 times and then checked with Malwarebytes and it is coming up the same in both cases.

I have the paid versions of both these programs in case you need to know that.

Anyway, just letting you know. Needless to say I cannot see your finished version of your world.

Hi again, just had my hubby look at it and seems it might be the log in/register pop box that comes up when you hit the site. He thinks it might have came up this time and not before because PC tools just had a big update. But he did some checking in what pc tools is seeing and it defintely has to do with the register/log in pop up but it does not specify what the problem is with that. Usually PC tool will specify if it is a particular virus or trojan or something, but it isn't. Odd to say the least.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SverigeSimSverigeSim Posts: 119 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Jeg elsker Danmark! Det er meget smukt! :D

You did a really good job with this. I think you did a great job capturing Scandinavian architecture and culture. I've even been to Samsø, and it looks very similar!

I've been waiting for someone to pop out a little Scandinavian world for me to place my Sims in. :) Tak så meget! :D

edited April 2010
    Writin_Reg
    Thank you, but which site are you referring to – the one in my link to "All TS3 Builders' and CAW Creators" or the on in my profile? Or the one where you finally get the island?
    Both my site and "All TS3 Builders' and CAW Creators" are hosted in a platform out of our control
    And the Sims3packfile is hosted at a safe and very well secured place. And you don't have to register to get the island
    So I trust there are no problems.
    Nobody else has had problems as far as I have heard…. Or please let me know?

SverigeSim – Tak skal du have :D

edited April 2010
    MereSim, it's on the builder forum. As soon as you enter the site a box pops up asking for either registration or log-in. I told it to go away and leave me alone and haven't seen it since. Of course as soon as I clear my cookies it will be back. I've no idea if that is something set by the person running the forum or somewhere in the back-end by the owners of the site, but it is annoying as all get out.
    edited April 2010
    I made an account two days ago on that forum, and yeah that pop-up is annoying. I don't need to be reminded every single time I open up that site to log in like I suffer from memory loss.

edited April 2010
    TY for mentioning it instead of just getting annoyed
    - I will mention it to the persons in charge of the site.
    edited April 2010
    Thank you for making me aware of these problems.

Gillie: Tick the "Do not ask me again" in that Pop Up. Then tick the Box that says "sign me in automatically everytime I visit". Then only when you've cleared your Cookies or History will the Pop up come up. I will see if I can remove it.

Pc Doctor: I will in contact with the Forum Managers to find out if there's anything wrong.

Edited: Written_Reg: Please try the same as I suggested to Gillie. I just contacted the Forum Administrators and they checked for Malicious ware on my Site and they say there's nothing.

I will try and get these issues resolved asap.

Edited: I think the Problems should be solved now. I made the 'automatic sign' in as Default.

Thank you for your patience.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited April 2010
    Meresim it was the link in your post, the builders forum one.

OK Magician, I will give it another try.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2010
    Magician I always clear out my cookies after closing a web browser. It keeps me sane. :-o
    edited April 2010
    OK, went to the site and a now blank thing popped up, but it did not trigger anything from PC T00ls/ Spyware Doctor. The only thing on the pop up now is a place to click it to not come up again, so I did that.

I was able to view the slide show - looks beautiful Meresim, then I went to the danish site and downloaded it. Hopefully I got the right thing as I don't read Danish, but I saw a rar file with Simsoe on it. I'll check it out as soon as I get the chance.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited April 2010
    I am glad it worked out :)
    And I am glad you found your way around in my dear friends Bette's forum.
    The link was a direct link and it sounds like the right file.
    I packed it with a description in both Danish and English :)
    I hope you will like the island ;
  • IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited April 2010
    I love it It's cute and small this will be a perfect map for my laptop <3 Thank you
    edited April 2010
    Gillie wrote:
    Magician I always clear out my cookies after closing a web browser. It keeps me sane. :-o

I will have to post the Q to them how to completely remove the Pop up then.

Will make work of it.
    edited April 2010
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    OK, went to the site and a now blank thing popped up, but it did not trigger anything from PC T00ls/ Spyware Doctor. The only thing on the pop up now is a place to click it to not come up again, so I did that.

I was able to view the slide show - looks beautiful Meresim, then I went to the danish site and downloaded it. Hopefully I got the right thing as I don't read Danish, but I saw a rar file with Simsoe on it. I'll check it out as soon as I get the chance.

Am I understanding you correctly: It is working right now?
    edited April 2010
    Ivinora - You are welcome. I am so happy you like it :D
  • lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wow, thats really cute :wink:
    The little church looks great too :D
    I wish wind turbines will come with ambitions, cause I love the way the are arranged in little groups of 3 all over the place in denmark
    edited April 2010
    Magician - yes it worked and I didn't get any new warning from my anti - virus. Yes, before you ask I do have my Security set pretty high - so it might have been just the fact of the pop up that triggered the warning. Like I said in my last post that there was still a pop up there when I went this last time, but it was blank - instead of telling us to register or log in there was nothing there. But the bottom line that stated to click if - you never wanted to see that again - was still there. It may be confusing to people going there a first time why they see a blank pop up, but the fact it no longer said to log in or register seemed to satisfy my really tight security.

But like I said I clicked it and it went away. I had no further problem reading the forum post or following Meresims link to download her little adorable Island. Even though I don't know Danish it was not really hard to locate the Island download using the link Meresim used on your site to the Danish site.

I did run a scan of the download and my pc after going to the site - just in case - and my scan came out clean. So whatever the trigger was, it's apparently gone now. Also you have a very nice forum by the way.

In dreams - I LIVE!