Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3...did they downgrade?

I VERY much enjoyed The Sims 2. It was addicting and now that I have The Sims 3, I find that I just want to play The Sims 2 more. I am a little disappointed. The Sims 3 outfits and HAIR are rediculous. I expected all the best things about The Sims 2 to be intergrated into Sims 3. Not much to chose from. I have had it for 2 days and I already am wishing they had some expansion packs out for it. There isn't much to do really.

Not to mention that my "free points" that I got when I bought the game, never showed up. I sent 2 e-mails to EA Games and nothing. I got a link to the "how to use the points" and that was it. If I had the points then that link would have worked.

At anyrate, it does take up a lot of my time though and I am excited to see what comes next.

Comments

• Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited June 2009
    Well if you think about it sims2 base game, also didn't have all the exciting features of sims 1 plus the expansion packs. Sims3 is just a base game, and one needs to think of it as a whole new game too. After playing it for a few days I can honestly say I really like the game. Expansion packs will come in time, and custom content is already being worked on by those talented simmers.

Personally sims3 has really opened up a lot of possibilities with the seamless neighborhood, and story progression. We now have an entire neighborhood (two with the free one) to explore, collect items, garden, fish, raise families, build houses, and the like in. :)
  • Genie1221Genie1221 Posts: 223 Member
    edited June 2009
    I know exactly how you feel. I am slowly beginning to regret buying Sims3. I mostly like to write stories and I can't even get a single screen shot to upload. I have taken plenty. I have some stories I am working on, but I can't share them because the launcher won't upload them. Every time I try, the file fails and tells me to read the log... but I can't find a log. Not on the launcher, not in the Sims3 file. I have run a search on my PC... no file .log for the Sims anywhere.

I am honestly standing firm, that I am not spending another cent on this game. Not when I can't share my stories with other people, because for me, that's the only reason to play it.

I made a Sim for most all the cast of LOST, but I have not bothered to continue, because I can't write the story I wanted to with them. :cry:
  • ZeferothZeferoth Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to say sir but we did not downgrade. about half of the selected material made it out by release stay tuned for ALOT more content in the weeks to come.
    ive talked to many ppl reguarding this issue. all you sims 3 fans Ea games worked hard for this release date and i think they delivered well. just sit tight with ur fingers crossed and results will come in soon take care.
  • tehsimd00dtehsimd00d Posts: 193 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Zeferoth wrote:
    Sorry to say sir but we did not downgrade. about half of the selected material made it out by release stay tuned for ALOT more content in the weeks to come.
    ive talked to many ppl reguarding this issue. all you sims 3 fans Ea games worked hard for this release date and i think they delivered well. just sit tight with ur fingers crossed and results will come in soon take care.

A job in corporate america, not only that but the gaming industry and barely knows how to spell or use punctuation? I have a dream! Me and my public school edumacation is gonna be prezudent!!
  • SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    tehsimd00d wrote:
    Zeferoth wrote:

A job in corporate america, not only that but the gaming industry and barely knows how to spell or use punctuation? I have a dream! Me and my public school edumacation is gonna be prezudent!!
    Lmao you are hilarious!
  • Laughlin310Laughlin310 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2009
    Does anyone else remember the game was suppose to be released February 20 and at the very last moment was delayed until June with a poor excuse about 'marketing'? I think we deserved a game with a few less bugs, more beginning content and an announced expansion around the corner, since we were loyal to EA/Sims 3 and waited around since February. A lot of us have invested a great deal in EA/Maxis/Sims products, so I don't think the request is unreasonable.
  • MuffinatorMuffinator Posts: 2,332 New Member
    edited June 2009
    tehsimd00d wrote:
    Zeferoth wrote:

What is sad is my grade school no longer teaches spelling.
  • IokthemonkeyIokthemonkey Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game is running without any problems to write home about, the new clothes are a HUGE leap forward over the Sims 2's base outfits (which made everybody look like grandparents) and there's a TONNE of content in this game that wasn't in The Sims 2 base game. Play it and you'll find it. Sit and look at the options screen and throw your hands up at it "not being The Sims 2" and you'll never find it.

There's no reason why you can't go back to playing The Sims 2, if that's where your preference lies, but me - and the hundreds of thousands of players enjoying the game - will continue with what is a huge step forward for the series.
  • GoddessNoireGoddessNoire Posts: 769 New Member
    edited June 2009
    TS2 base game had less to offer than the TS3 base game. How could you say this is a downgrade?
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    My game is running without any problems to write home about, the new clothes are a HUGE leap forward over the Sims 2's base outfits (which made everybody look like grandparents) and there's a TONNE of content in this game that wasn't in The Sims 2 base game. Play it and you'll find it. Sit and look at the options screen and throw your hands up at it "not being The Sims 2" and you'll never find it.

There's no reason why you can't go back to playing The Sims 2, if that's where your preference lies, but me - and the hundreds of thousands of players enjoying the game - will continue with what is a huge step forward for the series.

Couldn't have put it better myself!
  • Brian121767Brian121767 Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed, it's a HUGE downgrade.
  • kinseekerkinseeker Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think thye upgraded because your sims dont go around clapping there hands and scraching ther armpits when walking.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2009
    lol and they also don't go around passing big clouds of green gas after they eat. OMG I was soooo sick of that.
  • TerriDactyleTerriDactyle Posts: 136 New Member
    edited June 2009
    tehsimd00d wrote:

O HAI! I'll vote 4 U!
  • Vlad788Vlad788 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2009
    There is less bugs in this game comparing to that of The Sims 2 when it was just released, and there is no load time, how can this be a downgrade?
  • Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited June 2009
    kinseeker wrote:
    I think thye upgraded because your sims dont go around clapping their hands when walking.

Hah! I so do that in real life thanks to that game... :shock:
  • WillowDragonWillowDragon Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I love the hair colours and the clothes (Could do with a lot more hairstyles...but they will get there!)

I personally am enjoying it... because really, Sims is one of those games where it is what you make of it!!
    I mean really, did anyone honestly expect a TON of stuff in the bare bones base game??? And i really don't get why i have seen so many people on these forums moan about having to pay out more for expansion packs when they should already have everything!! Come on people! EA runs a business, they want to make money... they are gonna milk us for all they can get and if we have fun in the process, then thats a nice side affect for them!!

So yeah, carry on reminising back to previous Sims incarnations... but they were ALL the same expansions wise.

Willow xx
  • SimsSims Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2009
    No they did not downgrade game.
    It's clearly alot better then the sims2 base game.
  • asterdramasterdram Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2009
    well in TS2 modders and skinners could make custom shirts that looked like tattoos on arms or the chest and what not.

Is there a way to make tattoos in TS3? So far I think it's impossible.
  • WillowDragonWillowDragon Posts: 84 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Modder's are very clever beings of superior intellegence... I am confident they will create skins somehow... =oD

Willow xx
  • ParsimoniouskateParsimoniouskate Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think inevitably the game overall is going to seem thin compared to the previous one with all EPs, but I have to admit I am disappointed with the customizing options and feel that really is a huge step down in so many ways. The CAST is great, but it's such a pity that it stops there, and making anything more custom is going to be a long and difficult process.
    Does anyone else remember the game was suppose to be released February 20 and at the very last moment was delayed until June with a poor excuse about 'marketing'? I think we deserved a game with a few less bugs, more beginning content and an announced expansion around the corner, since we were loyal to EA/Sims 3 and waited around since February. A lot of us have invested a great deal in EA/Maxis/Sims products, so I don't think the request is unreasonable.

I was one of the lucky few who got to play the game in January at the Creators Camp and I have to be honest, as cynical as I am, I am still surprised just by how many issues and problems that I saw in January, are still in the game. Certainly a lot of the worst play bugs seem to have been fixed, but stuff like bad UV mapping on a lot of objects and clothes, the material properties being tied to the meshes and not determined by the patterns and so on, just weren't addressed at all. I honestly wonder why not, given the extra few months could have been usefully used for sorting out such things. I suppose many of those issues aren't fundamentally important, but I for one, feel like it is not as good a quality a product as it could have been.

Plus they were very adamant about releasing developer tools to the community and supposedly a neighborhood editor to make new hoods should have already been on the website by now. :evil: