Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mother and Daughter Modeling Competition - Assignment 7*Assignment 6 Results!

Mother and Daughter Modeling Competition

Due to the forumissues I've managed to get assignment 7 up, finally. I should've judged the pictures before the forums went down, but then again I got other things to do :XD:

I have to say that I'm pretty pleased with this round and it wasn't easy to judge at all, I have to say. PLEASE TELL ME IF SOME OF THE SCORES ARE WRONG. I did count the numbers so fast I can't barely remember counting them.. lol.

Assignment six results (in order from highest to lowest):

Vav2009 with Melody and Harmony
Dinner:
Assignment62.jpg
Model's appearance: 10/10
Creativity: 10/10
Editing: 4/5
Overall appeal: 10/10

Travel:
Assignment61.jpg
Editing: 5/5
Total: 69/70
Comment: All I can say is WOW. You shocked me this week. Great creativity, great lightning, great outfits, colours.. everything did just fit. Congratulations! :mrgreen:

Syrionia with Blair and Morven
Dinner:
1-3.png
Creativity: 8/10

Travel:
iceland.png
Model's appearance: 8/10
Total: 66/70
Comment: Although the creativity in the dinner-picture wasn't on it's best (I know it's hard to really get creative when I asked you to do dinner, but yeah...) I need to say that your models looked stunning, as always. Your editing was just perfect, not over the top. It really looked natural, and the dinner-party actually looked cozy.

And for your travel one... WOW, I have to say. Did you use all your creativity on this one? :XD:

lehdkat with Aiofe and Grainne.
Dinner:
25u4rys.jpg
Creativity: 8/10
Editing: 3/5
Overall appeal: 9/10

Travel:
vfulae.jpg
Model's appearance: 9/10
Total: 61/70
Comment: Let's start with the dinner-picture, shall we? Well, I think it was pretty nice, actually, but what would've made it nicer was a bit more lightning and a bit more focus on Grainne. I can't really see her face, and becayse it didn't say so in the rules that I had to, I won't remove that much points for that one, even though I really would've seen her face too. Although it was overall pretty good and I got a cozy feeling, actually. Pretty special, lol.

And over to the travel-picture. I can clearly see that you've just pasted them into the hat-man (ok, I just forgot what those guys are named), although I think you did a great job with the lightning. It would've seen a bit more out of place if you didn't brighten Grainne and Aiofe up a bit. Great job!

katrina427 with Macey and Ray.
Dinner:
dinner.jpg
Model's appearance: 7/10
Creativity: 6/10

Travel:
snow.jpg
Total: 57/70
Comment: Well, well, well. Let's start with the dinner-one: I didn't really like the creativity here, it was like my exampleshot that I made in the first shot... I just sat them at the table and that's it. But hey, I love her licking the plate! :mrgreen:

And over to the travel one, WHICH I LOVED A LOT. I love snowboarding and I love the whole theme in this shot. The only thing here is the patterns the mother and daughter are wearing + the patterns on the snowboard. I have to say that I didn't see it work THAT MUCH, but I still loved the picture, I have to say!

kelseyjeanne98 with Kali and Harper
Dinner:
315zvc8.png
Creativity: 6/10
Overall appeal: 8/10

Travel:
2zdwx3m.png
Overall appeal: 7/10
Total: 56/70
Comment: For your dinner one... Well, it was average. It was actually something everyone here (almost) did for this competition, and I can't blame you guys, because it's really tough to make something unique when I tell you to do a dinner-picture.

I really loved the background for the travelpicture, speaking of Haiti. Although your models looked something I like to call "Copy-and-paste", and I guess you know what that mean ;) But I didn't "steal" so much of your points for that one, because practise makes perfect!

Unfortunally, according to the scores, kelseyjeanne is the one to leave us this time - and it's only by one point! The last place was almost tied, so I had to go over kelseyjeanne's and katrina's pictures over and over again to actually see if I had made the right decision. I'm sorry to see you go, kelseyjeanne, although I hope you will continue lurking and making pictures for other competitions! :mrgreen:

If you don't enter your picture in time for the deadline, you will be eliminated - no sorry excuses.

Rules:
1. Be creative! Never copy others work.
2. You could edit your pictures, but I would like to see the face of both of your Sims.
3. It needs to be a mother and a daughter. Please don't make it "Mother and Son"
4. Your child could be a toddler, child or teen. Your mom could be a young adult, adult or elder.
5. You need to apply two models, a mother and her child, and you will have to use both of them in every assignment.
6. Please keep the deadlines. You could get one or two days extension time, but only if you remember to tell me that as fast as you can.
7. I guess you'll get about a week (more or less) for each assignment. I guess that'll depend on how hard the task is.
8. You can change hair, make-up, outfits etc. in every single assignment
9. One picture per person. You could add an amount of pictures, as long as you pick out the one you want to count in this assignment. I can't judge four-five pictures (or more) to be one single shot. I hope you understand.

Editing: ?/5
Overall appeal: ?/10
Total: ?/35

Assignment seven: The ball.
DEADLINE: March the 17th, or when all of the entries are in!

I really don't think this assignment needs that much of an explanation. Dress your mother and daughter up in a beautiful ballgown, with masquerademasks if you like, and let them shine on a ball. It could be a ball in their own livingroom, on the beach or even in a castle. Only your fanasy set the limits in this assignment. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Exampleshot will be up soon...

You could apply a short story with the picture if you want to, because I love to read stories, as long as they fit the picture it's telling about.
IMPORTANT: This won't affect your score - it's your picture which is essential.

I'm looking forward to see what you guys come up with, because if you think outside the box it'll really be something unique and something YOU. Good luck and enjoy. Take your time, you got lots of it! :mrgreen:
3. katrina with Macey Mack and Ray Mack
4. Vav2009 with Melody Jacobs and Harmony Jacobs

(When you've entered your picture, your name and mother and daughter will turn red - after I've edited it ofcourse)

I want your entries in to 17th of February (23:59:59) Convert your time here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
To: Whatever your destination must be

Comments

• lehdkatlehdkat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    244vbki.jpg
    2qwfo8h.jpg
    Do I have to Rewrite the story? I'm In a mad rush currently!
  • PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited March 2010
    @ lehdkat: The scores are already up (above your pictures) :XD: haha. I thought I could use this thread to something, since I kind of doubleposted my 6th assignment.
    edited March 2010
    I replied rather fast lol
  • PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited March 2010
    Haha, yep ;) That's a good thing, I suppose :XD:
  • Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited March 2010
    You said the due date is February 17, do you mean March 17?
  • SyrioniaSyrionia Posts: 1,371 Member
    edited March 2010
    Pia
    I've just now been able to get onto these forums to see the new assignment. I was wondering if I could possibly have an extension of a couple of days, just to give me time to work on it?
    Hopefully this will be ok, and hopefully I won't have any more bother getting on here.
    edited March 2010
    I’m going to need an extension too. Sorry. :cry:
    These forums are getting really annoying I’m having to use a different explorer to see the new forum sections, eeerrrrggg!
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited March 2010
    A message from lehdkat. She has her picture, but is unable to post it atm.
    edited March 2010
    ball.png

What better way for Morven and Blair to celebrate their ancestry than by attending the St Patrick's day Ball at Bridgewater Manor?
    The girls glammed up real posh, and headed out in a 'carriage' of sorts (ok so a yellow cab isn't quite the same, but hey, this isn't a fairytale) At the ball they spent most of their evening together munching on canapes and making fun of the snobby toffs.
    Needing a breath of fresh air they wandered around the beautiful manor gardens and admired the scenery, only to discover that they were being admired themselves! Maybe this will lead to their happily ever afters...

I made a wish upon a star,
    I turned around and there you were...

EDIT: This is the first time I've been allowed access to these forums in 2 days! These glitchy forums are beyond a joke, hope EA gets it sorted, as many simmers here are becoming disenchanted with them. Hopefully I'll be able to check back soon, and the other contestants will be allowed access here too.
  • kelseyjeanne98kelseyjeanne98 Posts: 426 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Aww :( Oh well good luck guys!
    edited March 2010
    Piapia I have been following charmed and really like the forum RD made. Can we move this comp there?
    edited April 2010
    Bonjour :D
    I can finally post my picture :mrgreen:
    1zgdahl.jpg
    Has Grainne found her Prince Charming?
    Not if Aiofe can help it :wink:
    edited April 2010
    I can see this forum!
    <333
    That's the first time in weeks...fingers crossed that's the forum problems sorted :D
  • Elilie101Elilie101 Posts: 1,367 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I want steals on Aiofe and Grainne. Anywhere I can download them? I love the picture with the Buckingham palace guard in the green clothes.
    edited April 2010
    I can upload them if you like
    I got the idea from Garfiels 2. You know when Odie pees on the gaurd leg? That was funny :lol:
    edited April 2010
    Sorry it took me so long to get this in. My school assignments have been really tough. :(

Harmony and Melody are members of the theater club. They perform in plays and classic poetry, most of all they love singing opera. Getting to wear beautiful dresses is just a bonus, but a very nice bonus.

Assignment7-1.jpg

Please check out the full size, it looks so much better. http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab148/Vav_2009/Assignment7.jpg
    edited April 2010
    For some reason all of my saved games have mysteriously vanished, so I don't know if I'm able to continue in this competition :-(
    edited April 2010
    Does PiaPia still live?
    I haven't heard from her in while :?
    edited April 2010
    Yes PiaPia is still alive, I see her on RD’s modeling cite all the time. I am going to send her a message to remind her about us.
    edited April 2010
    Announcement!!!

Hey everybody!! I talked to PiaPia and she can’t get onto the forums here so this comp is moving over to Sim Exposure the site RepulsiveDesire created.
    I’m sending Pia all the info she needs and she will post the comp asap.
    After you create your account explore the forum there is a lot of cool stuff, once it is up the comp will be under Open Contests/Modeling Photo/ section.
    I’ll see y’all there. :)
    edited April 2010
    Ok
    *Goes to site*
    I'll still be lehdkat on the site, just if you want to know :wink: