Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Direct Download

Can I use the direct download to get The Sims 3 today? I've already downloaded the Download Manager but the game won't start downloading.

Comments

• JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm not sure, but the official release date is not until tomorrow (June 2nd). So it's possible it might not yet allow the download, a guru will have to give you more exact information.
  • SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited June 2009
    Hi, welcome to the Sims 3 forums!

Digital Downloads of The Sims 3 will go live on June 2nd; you should be able to download the game then.

-Big Guy-
  • Delta24939Delta24939 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Thank you both so much! :D I'll check on it tomorrow.
  • lmkrivcherlmkrivcher Posts: 509 Member
    edited June 2009
    I too am digitally dl'ing the game. I got an email stating it would be available at 7:00 am for download... Happy Simming TS3 :-)
    Simming since 2000 (whew!) <3
  • JamesFraizerJamesFraizer Posts: 67 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Delta24939 wrote:
    Can I use the direct download to get The Sims 3 today? I've already downloaded the Download Manager but the game won't start downloading.

You can from the My Exchange. I downloaded a house. In order to download you hit your sims 3 icon which is EA Download Manager. It's like all in 1 tool to download-upload-load program (etc) In the Middle at top you log in. Than goto My Exchange look for what you want. than download from the My Exchange... :D I pretty sure the Sims Store and free riverview town will be close till sometime June 2nd.
  • JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Delta24939 wrote:

You can from the My Exchange. I downloaded a house. In order to download you hit your sims 3 icon which is EA Download Manager. It's like all in 1 tool to download-upload-load program (etc) In the Middle at top you log in. Than goto My Exchange look for what you want. than download from the My Exchange... :D I pretty sure the Sims Store and free riverview town will be close till sometime June 2nd.

He isn't talking about exchange items, he's talking about the digital download of the game itself.

Also both the store and town are available to those who do have the game. I've already downloaded Riverview (free once you register your game) and spent more than a thousand sim points on extra outfits and stuff. :)