Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

medical career?

Hey does anyone know if we could do activities within the medical field in the new expansion? what do you think will be the challenges? will there be an emergency room? car accidents? open heart surgeries? new illnesses to diagnose and treat?

Comments

• Options
    GNELSOGNELSO Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2010
    i have a bad feeling that the base careers will not have the expanded features..
  • Options
    hahaYuliyahahaYuliya Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 2010
    GNELSO wrote:
    i have a bad feeling that the base careers will not have the expanded features..

I have the same feeling. They won't...
    11mccw6.jpg
  • Options
    FleshFailuresFleshFailures Posts: 92 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Ea has already explicitly stated that doctors will be a part of the Ambitions careers.

There is a picture of a Doctor on the boxshot, you know. :roll:

I would really like to know more as well. I hope we get neat medical equipment! I could finally finish building my insane asylum.
  • Options
    whitestallion2254whitestallion2254 Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2010
    lol That would be cool, i hope they do add medical equipment. I will like to DL your Insane Asylum when you upload it, that'll be awesome.
  • Options
    carlywycherleycarlywycherley Posts: 568 Member
    edited March 2010
    I realy hope you can get house calls like -

1. Help deliver child at home

2. I hope they introduce illness e.g colds and flu from TS2 and we can hand out medicine

3. I hope we can get called to help after earthquake e.g people get broken bones

I just think they would all be so cool.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2010
    One thing that has been confirmed is that doctors can give sims bad medicine.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited March 2010
    One thing that has been confirmed is that doctors can give sims bad medicine.

I can understand giving us choices on how to do jobs but some of these things seem a little odd, maybe if the experimental treatments are "higher risk, higher reward" options rather than just "have fun killing patients" (basically you get a bigger bonus if you cure a patient and prove an experimental treatment is viable at the same time, although it could also work as always paying decently but at the cost of putting your patients at unnecessary risk).

If they really wanted Evil options they could have done an Evil career that allows you to go to other workplaces and undermine them by pretending to work for them but secretly sabotaging them :).
  • Options
    trancerocker08trancerocker08 Posts: 266 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree with you, Smeelia. I wouldn't want my poor sims getting sickened or mutated. :(
  • Options
    SnowflakeEaterSnowflakeEater Posts: 43 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I just hope we get normal driveways!! >.<' I also hope we can get in car accidents, run someone over (pedestrian, bicyclist, etc.), not drive through another car (very important, lolz!), and be able to have more abilities in the car! Carseat, put on make-up, brush hair, select speed, be able to nap in the back seat, etc.! We need those... And I haven't heard anything about the medical career yet, but I saw the boxshot! There's a doctor on it! Bye! Iz gotta getz homez! ^U^'
  • Options
    whitestallion2254whitestallion2254 Posts: 104 Member
    edited April 2010
    all very good thoughts. I like what Smeelia had to say too. If EA gives us that option to choose whether to treat the sim patient good or bad and if you choose the good high risk way and if you heal that sim than the reward should be great. :D
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited April 2010
    I agree, I dont think it will go into too much detail what with the memory space and what not.

EVEN though I like the idea of the reality with the cars, I have a strong feeling that we will be experiancing more car collisions and cars running through bikers.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)