Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions that have arisen in the past day after playing.

Im not normally one to blog about my thoughts.... I frankly never "blog". So I decided I would vent right here, right now.

The game is good, It has many many features from the Sims making it feel like a welcome sibling to the ever growing Sim family.With tons of praise to the game there are a few issues I've seen. Issues that bring up some questions. Questions that if I'm remotely lucky will one day be answered.

My first question is.... Why the removal of random detail. Details that can be seen in things Sims use to do but now just simply don't. For example, playing chess.... The Sim use to open the cabinet and make the pieces fan out. Now in TS3 they just fan them out. Now this is something maybe too stupid for anyone to care about but there's more. The lack of opening doors to cars, the complete montage of video games that is playing video games now and a few others. The biggest thing that annoys me now though is the ability to do stuff by yourself with no interaction with the sim. Stereo's, frigde inventory stocking, the TV, and throwing away garbage. There is simply no need for the sim to do any of that stuff. I somehow loved the micromanaging of everything and made the game feel moe immersive. Not going and saying "Oh he just floated 5 feet into a car and is zipping away with out a care in the world.

It just seemed like they pulled alot of random animations that should have just been left in there. Todays video game society is becoming to lazy and to obsessed with the need for fun when they arent steping back to realize the beauty of the game in its full. The biggest thing I see adding simplitcy to the game is just another reason to keep pressing 3x speed and not slowing down to watch them live. There are alot of other things on my mind about the game. I dont want to come to the conclusion that they ruined the game because they ruined Spore on me. And Im hoping this is there big return. My mind is still on the edge though of what to think of the game. Part of my experience is burdened by a subpar laptop doing subpar graphics making it become slow and really undetailed. In a week or so Ill be getting a new PC some maybe just maybe the game will turn up for me and Ill be able to look past its set backs.

Comments

• AnaQAnaQ Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think there should be the option to be able to micro manage. That would be great because I loved to do that.
  • bbokkiebbokkie Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I agree. What's up with them randomly teleporting to their cars? Why can't they walk there & climb in? And all those other little details that make it seem just a little more realistic...
  • eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited February 2010
    I don't think it's that bad. I mean with all the extra things the game has to run in this one I think it's much easier without all the extra hassel and little details that I didn't normally pay attenion to anyway. But it's a point and I'm sure there's lots of poeple who agree with you.
  • Confined05Confined05 Posts: 90 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I miss the little details too. I remember the first time I clicked on my sims car and there was only like, 3 options on the menu, I was totally dissapointed.

But I would trade the little micromanaging things for the open neighborhood any day.