Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writer's block---Need help

Well....sort of a writer's block. First off I want to know what's wrong with my stories! Idk if they're too short or too long or boring or what! They're called The Thought in My Head. Rachelle Delaney is struggling with thoughts, dreams, and hallucinations. I've got stuff for the future but as for right now I'm a little stuck. I written down half of chapter three, but it's only like 15 slides and that seems short. Can someone read my stories and tell me what I'm doing wrong? and also can you help me figure out how to put edited pictures as title pictures?

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/180925.page
http://www.thesims3.com/myContents.html?action=default&persona=NekoWolf37

Thanks in advance. IDK if i'll be able to reply to all of the comments.

Comments

• ChellekazChellekaz Posts: 231
    edited April 2010
    I like the story, especially the dark turn it's taking. My only suggestion in terms of the writing is to try and extend your sentences. Many of them are pretty short and as a result reading them sometimes sounds a little choppy. I'd suggest trying a few more commas in places where they can be used appropriately. For example, you have a couple sentences that start with "and" or "but" and those don't have to be independent sentences.

15 pages may seem short, but keep in mind you're only halfway through the chapter (as best as I understand it) and you do a really good job of "filling" the page. It's nice that you don't have a page with just two lines or one piece of text, so even if it's only 15 pages they're 15 GOOD pages. Quality, not quantity, is what should really be considered important.

Keep writing, keep putting your story out there and hopefully through perserverance you'll get the attention your story deserves!

In terms of editing pictures, I'm not one to help since I'm having a similar problems with making it work out...

Keep up the great work!
  • NekoWolf37NekoWolf37 Posts: 1,400
    edited April 2010
    Thanks I'll keep it in mind. :]