Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Creative Designing with Darkside266

Comments

• CkorkowsCkorkows Posts: 169 Member
    edited March 2010
    I newly updated my post on the Weinstube, it seems the computer disagreed with my punctuation and the links were un-recognizable.
    ckorkows
  • darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited March 2010
    Ckorkows...Since i dont know the history of this style home or exactly how they should look,i cant give great advice in that area..so all i can offer is personal opinion as to what looks right to me.Hopefully other will give you more and better advice..i did give you recs for your build and your story though.Your home would get more recognition though if you changed your coverpic,there should be a program and instructions on Builders101 or Fidlers showcase thread page 1.since this is finished all i can suggest is possible things to stay away from in the future.

for your landscaping..i think you did a very good job..the only issue i have with it at all is just that its flat.otherwise great use of terrain paints and plants and pond.
    the exterior paint..I like the bottom,but the upper part seems overdone with the barn siding..like i said though,this may be authentic,its just something that doesnt appeal to me in excess.
    Your interior..well i looked and there really was nothing that i could see that needed changed or enhanced..i liked it all..the egyptian vase in the dressing area..kinda stood out at me for a moment in coloring,but then i decided i could live with it,it was the only iffy thing i saw though.

Overall i liked your home,and as you notice..my pickiness was very minimal and they are things that could be accepted by almost everyone else..so well deserved recs for you. hopefully you will participate with us and post your WIPs as they progress,thats how we learn here.
    edited March 2010
    well Aprils project has been decided..we will be working with Modern builds..Landscape to fit the theme of your neighborhood and location..size is up to you..this can be a mini or mansion or anywhere in between..just try to give it unique features and design.try to stick with flat or half angled roof..for your interior try to keep it clean,streamlined,well decorated and uncluttered..imagine this home belonging to someone wealthy.
  • bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited March 2010
    I've started on my modern build and this is what I have so far

screenshot164r.jpg
    screenshot165a.jpg
    screenshot163.jpg
    screenshot162l.jpg
    screenshot161x.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Well here are the final updated pics for the Country French Home i have been working on..it is currently uploading..anyone wanting this home..keep in mind it does contain ALOT of CC,so it will take awhile to download.this house in completed and will not be getting anymore changes.

4shared link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/245537486/8068fdf0/Marchs_French_Country_Home.html

1jvxhz.jpg

updated images:
    33lo8hu.jpg
    sw7c6o.jpg
    fbyo83.jpg
    2zipxet.jpg
    9hq3gg.jpg
    vf80sp.jpg
    kbtvvd.jpg
    2z50zs2.jpg
    k39icy.jpg
    24fy61e.jpg
    16gg86q.jpg
    edited March 2010
    Berg..i saw this build at TSS..so far the design WOWS me..the only thing that looks like it needs reworking is the garage roof...personally i think the same flat roof you used on the house would look great there.

i know its early yet..but sincei have all these modern ideas floating in my head,i think i'm gonna get started on mine also..so keep us updated on yours,so far i have like each style of home you have built..
    edited March 2010
    aw thanks DS. Im really curious to see hwere I go with this too since the design is entirely off the top of my head. The fairy builds Ive done had no floor plan but this is the first big build I think Ive done without a floorplan. I had an original Idea that wasn't going to work so I had to improvise and this is what I got :)
    edited March 2010
    Berg..i understand...floorplans are great especially to get you learning room placement and acceptable dimensions..but at some point it is good to create your very own design.

well i have the start to my own Modern build..yes you may see some familiar features that i have seen in recent builds and trying to incorporate the ideas into my own version.i still dont know exactly which way all of these rooms will go,but i do have my basic structure and have started sculpting it.

April 2010 Modern project:
    these are the girls i will be using to develop this home,depending on their favorite colors and needs.
    9jf6sz.jpg

33p3jaa.jpg
    2dbnmvp.jpg
    dqkgv5.jpg
    2iqgz92.jpg
    51oex3.jpg
    2nl4ydf.jpg
    2eald3a.jpg
    iznqkm.jpg
    35kr3wj.jpg
    2bckra.jpg
    2ecmels.jpg
    34rg9rt.jpg
    2r6ekns.jpg
  • CkorkowsCkorkows Posts: 169 Member
    edited March 2010
    The Pinball House is coming soon and I want to make sure it's perfect. I've just finished the kitchen and indoor dining area and fountain and would love some comments on what you all think! So here's the link to my ongoing Pinball House slideshow:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=185244
    and a couple of teaser photos just to get you interested.
    I'd also like to thank you all because this has been a really helpful forum and I love getting constructive criticism on my work, even if there's sometimes disagreements, it's all helpful. This is my WIP!
    Ckorkows

screenshot_original.jpg"height=450""width=600"

screenshot_original.jpg"height=450""width=600"
    edited March 2010
    screenshot169.jpg
    screenshot168v.jpg
    screenshot167a.jpg
    screenshot166a.jpg

Ok so heres what Ive been working on for the last bit on the modern. I made some siding changes and changed the shape of the guest house. added a rooftop area accessible from both guesthouse bedrooms. each guest bedroom is one floor....one is slightly smaller because it has the staircase to go to the upper one so i had to close that area off for privacy . I'm going to go take some pics now from overhead view to give you guys an idea of layout.
    edited March 2010
    first floor
    firstfloormodcopy.jpg

second floor
    secondfloormodcopy.jpg

third floor
    thirdfloormoderncopy.jpg

forth floor
    fourthfloormoderncopy.jpg

rooftop
    rooftoppatiomoderncopy.jpg

Ok so this is where I think I'm going with layout but since the floorplan of the house evolved so much this in all possibility could too. lol
    edited March 2010
    Ckorkows ...i like the closeup for the kitchen..the layout looks good,i cant tell how well the green wall flows with the rest of the house,but as it is i do like it..for your counters though.i think a splash of color would also be great with them..as they are,it feels to clinical or sterile.
    for your fountains..i like the combo you built.the only thing that looks out of place is the wall coloring..the wall and fountains blend to much,so maybe trying something that allows your fountains to stand out and be seen better.

Berg..ive been commenting on yours at TSS also..but now i see your floorplan ideas..its good to have an idea..but the thing about original ideas..i know they can change..so just have fun and keep us updated.
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2010
    Sorry I haven't been posting- I haven't really worked on much. I think I'm going to try a starter
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited March 2010
    alpha..good to see you..well if your gonna try a starter..how about doing a modern starter..at least it would fit the theme.

meestormark gave us a link to Modern inspirational homes..maybe worth checking out for ideas..i know i've been looking to see if theres anything i can bring into mine.

http://www.trendir.com/house-design/
    edited March 2010
    Lol :)

Moderns really make me mad XD I can't stand all the slanted designs and stuff. I like my simple homes :)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • PINKLADY1PINKLADY1 Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2010
    DS: Dropping by to say Congrats on the sticky.

It's almost April already. I didn't even get to finish my Vacation Home. Maybe I can get it finished before April actually rolls in.

BTW: I've been lurking over at TSS and I have to say that your French Vacation Home looks good. The thread over there move much to fast, which is a good thing, but by the time I'm finished reading most of the posts I have to retire to bed.
    edited March 2010
    New Project:

easiug.jpg

n5sxgl.jpg

15mz05s.jpg

and that's it for now :)
    23uvol1.jpg
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to drop by and wish you all the luck with this thread. Congrats on the sticky and build, build, build! LOL!!!

Also, I'd like to invite any of you to join my monthly challenge this month. It's a park building challenge so you landscapers will have an advantage. You can get some help building it on this thread. There's also a pro and amateur challenge.

Here's the link:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/107261.page

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi guys and gals! I'm happy the forums are back to working order (gotta change my siggie now-lol), and especially happy that Creative Designing is back in action!

Alpha-Your victorian looks really good! So does your new starter!!

Ckorkows-I don't have any idea on how your house "should look", but it looks great to me! Gave ya a rec. Your newest build is nice too, I like the kitchen so far!

I'm going to need a little assistance on my fairy build. Here's the exterior, no inside shots just yet. But help me choose a palette please!

this house
    Screenshot-79.jpg

for this sim and her uncreated roommates (all based on the 4 natural elements)

Screenshot-74.jpg

I've got it down to this

Fairytale Couture http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/246660/Fairytale_Couture
    and

Fairy Door http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/27950/fairy_door
  • LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hi everyone. Thought I would check the forums and see if they really are working any better. Good to see others are starting to migrate back here as well.

They still are a little slugish for me, but at least they are finally loading for me. If they keep working like this I will start posting here again. :D
    edited March 2010
    i like fairytale couture
    edited March 2010
    Hi Lil :)
    edited March 2010

Cera I vote for the "fairy Door" color palette
    edited March 2010
    edited March 2010

Pleasent View Park New Community Lot

This is my entery for fidlers Park Challenge.

Exchange:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2136545

4Shared:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/245846319/7258e506/Pleasent_View_Park.html

SlideShow Showcase:
    th_PleasentViewParkCover.jpg

PleasentViewParkCover.jpg