Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many people miss superstar?

EN55EN55 Posts: 1,270 New Member
Honestly, it was the best expansion pack EVER, i was sad that it was not remade in the sims 2, i think superstar should be the next one! :D

Comments

• alissavbalissavb Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree! Superstar was one of my favorites (along with Pets). It was awesome seeing real celebrities' sims right in the game, and I loved how you could record albums and jingles, do photoshoots, etc. It's great having the ability to be an Actor or Rock Star in the Sims 3 but there's not too much that you can do with those careers as they are. The Sims Superstar felt more realistic and was more interesting. I hope they release a similar expansion pack in the future! :(
  • CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I miss Superstar :D
    Hopefully they incorporate a little bit of it in ambitions.
    (ex. fashionista = catwalk)
  • BadPennyBadPenny Posts: 102
    edited March 2010
    I wouldn't say I missed it, but it would be great to see it return with some new features.

:)
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree 999%. I loved Superstar. :D
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2010
    I liked the obsessed fan, the karaoke, the spas, the studios

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited March 2010
    It'd be "female doggin" if they redid a studio town. ;D
  • The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Superstar was awesome, I'd love to see a comeback because I didn't really get to do all of the cool stuff in it because my computer was so slow back then.
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited March 2010
    In Superstar, they made celeb sims. I hope they do that and put MJ there.
  • Bandit690Bandit690 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited March 2010
    EN55 wrote:
    Honestly, it was the best expansion pack EVER, i was sad that it was not remade in the sims 2, i think superstar should be the next one! :D
    Word.
  • Alexis365Alexis365 Posts: 1,827 New Member
    edited March 2010
    *tear*

I miss superstar
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Zolt65 wrote:
    I liked the obsessed fan, the karaoke, the spas, the studios

I miss all of these especially the obsessed fan w/ the black roses and the spas.
  • zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    edited March 2010
    It was my least favorite EP. It didn't really add anything I liked as far as gameplay. I liked a few of the objects such as the divetanks. I used them when making a sim version of WEM (West Edmonton Mall). The butler for caring for the baby was also a nice feature.

I think my favorite TS1 EPs were unleashed and vacation. I also liked MM because of the theme park objects and dragons.

My favorites for TS2 were pets, bon voyage, seasons, apartment life, and free time. I also liked to run sims throuhg university. As for the other EPs, I liked the objects more than their main themes.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited March 2010
    Yep, I miss Superstar. It should definitely be the next next one.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • glassayeglassaye Posts: 174 Member
    edited March 2010
    I do not so much as miss it, but remember it. You would not believe how much time I spent making Movie Posters for the Superstar lot using the Sims Transmogrifier.

Its easy. Just find some sites online that are selling movie posters and save to your hard drive somewhere the thumbnails of the posters. Then go in to transmogrifier and find a nice size picture you think they would look good on.

The one I used has two sides to it. Left and Right. Then just cut the poster in one half and stretch to fit on each half and there is your poster. I put them all around Superstar.

The only thing is I spent so much time doing that to make it look good that I didn't really get past maybe 4 stars for my Sims. I should really have played it more. C'est La Vie.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited March 2010
    I agree. I'd love to see some new features implemented into a "Sims 3 Superstar". Lot more interactions, too. Especially now with all the different kinds of traits. It will be definitely fun to watch some "models/movie stars" be all snobby, and would be neat to see a new career where we could "Direct/Act" and have acting interactions. Would be funny.

I'd love to see a catwalk, too.

Plus with the new "famous" System would work nicely with a Superstar expansion pack. I cannot wait to know what's next after Ambitions. At least when Ambitions is here, it can preoccupy us until the next Stuff Pack/Expansion Pack is announced. :)
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I loved Superstar! With all of the new features that have been added to the Sims 3 the superstar concept has so much potential. I would love to have it as an expansion pack with new things added to it of course.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Superstar was fun. :D I loved having my inexperienced Sims try swimsuit modeling. >.>
  • evey829evey829 Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh I loved Superstar!!!!
  • toptrvsimtoptrvsim Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2010
    I love Superstar and MM and that is the main reason I play from time to time The Sims 1.
    I'd love to see a similar EP for Sims 3 but I don't really think this will happen. Ambitions is the EP that will give us the opportunity to control our sims while they're working and it'll add a lot more than just one career path to follow. If EA decides to actually remake Superstar I'll be glad to have it but they must put a lot of thinking and work to make it as good as it must be.
    I imagine the EP will be aiming those people who love to make movies or music videos. And EA will give us the power to actually animate the way our sims are "acting". If they do that I'll get this EP for sure but until then we'll have to wait and see.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    edited March 2010
    I miss Superstar. However, I would like to see an "American Idol"-like twist to an ep if they do make one. Or, maybe "Star Search"...How many remember that show?
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited March 2010
    Superstar was very close to my heart! I loved the old jingle recording studio! "Shebadoooooo!!!" lol. My sims were always good singers. hehe.
  • leosimofilosleosimofilos Posts: 274 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm desperate coz I want it so bad! That music was and still is the best from the Sims Franchise and the gameplay was second to none! :D
  • Browper14Browper14 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited March 2010
    How many fourms are going to be posted before EA realises people want Superstar back? Not some low-class immitation such as Sims 2 Glamour stuff..(no offence) Sims 3 Superstar would take things to a whole new level, sometimes i just go back to sims 1 so i can play Superstar but its just not the same anymore with such low grapics and detail! Please, please, please bring back a sims superstar for the sims 3! :lol:
  • maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited March 2010
    I miss superstar so much! it is one of my favoiurite EPS of all time
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • RidgebackloverRidgebacklover Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Superstar was my all time favorite EP! My second was Seasons. I was soo disappointed that the 2nd EP isn't Superstar. EA did Makin Magic in Apartment Life! It is time for Superstar!